The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Dec 31, 2009: Don't Eat This One (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21756)

xoxoxoBruce 12-30-2009 11:33 PM

Dec 31, 2009: Don't Eat This One

Seriously, don't eat it, 'cause you don't wanna die. No you don't. :headshake

Quote:

Larry says that he opened a can of chef boyardee recently only to find a horrible giant mold world growing inside. When he contacted the store he bought it from, Walmart, a low-level employee was openly hostile to them and said the manager "wouldn't believe them." Yes, that's the new scam: steal a can of food, open it up, grow a massive mold culture inside it for several weeks, then try to return it for a buck oh nine.
http://cellar.org/2009/moldyboyardee.jpg

Yeah yeah, Chef Boyardee Beefaroni, doesn't come close to your lovingly hand crafted, scratch made, delicious, nutritious, meals you make. But c'mon, it's quick, easy, and fills the gut, so you can kick the little urchins out and bubble-bath/primp for hubby's return... or get back to the soap operas. ;)

Quote:

Now were careful not to buy dented or damaged cans when we shop and at no point did we drop or damage the can in transit home. The can stayed sealed until today....we can only imagine that there was a pinhole leak during manufacturing. Weve made a few purchases at this store and have had problems before.....unfortunately its the closest grocery store to us and is the only store that carriers many of the items we need.
The advice from The Consumerist...
Quote:

Contact ConAgra, makers of Chef Boyardee, with the lot # of the can at 800-544-5680. If you want a refund or a replacement, go back to Walmart and ask to see the manager in person. You may also want to contact your local health department to keep them informed.
Yup ConAgra, Buster's favorite people. :lol:

ajaccio 12-31-2009 08:50 AM

Yuck!

It's not Walmart a fault. Chef-Boyardee should have been contacted. I once bought a frozen Stouffer's Chicken Cacciatore that had no chicken in it. A quick letter to Stouffer's got me a coupon for another.

:repuke:

Shawnee123 12-31-2009 08:54 AM

Awww man...you've ruined canned ravioli for me. :mecry:

richlevy 12-31-2009 09:06 AM

Man, you've got to watch out for pinhole leaks, either in cans or stasis chambers (Planet of the Apes).

xoxoxoBruce 12-31-2009 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajaccio (Post 621936)
It's not Walmart a fault. Chef-Boyardee should have been contacted.

No it's not their fault, but as the seller they are responsible for servicing the customer. They don't get to take the money, and shirk off responsibility for what they sell. Well they can, but it's bad business practice that'll bite 'em in the ass. So is telling the customer they're lying and to get lost. :eyebrow:

TheMercenary 12-31-2009 12:34 PM

I found a huge piece of glass in a jar of pickles once. All they did was replace the jar. I have no idea if they followed up on it.

chrisinhouston 12-31-2009 01:00 PM

I like to shop at Big Lots because you get good prices and you don't have to get all dressed up like for Walmart! ;)

xoxoxoBruce 12-31-2009 01:22 PM

Start a website, People of Big Lots! :lol2:

Shawnee123 12-31-2009 01:27 PM

I still call it Odd Lots. I love Odd Lots...but I wear an evening gown when I go, just for contrast.

CVS is still Revco, too.

TheMercenary 12-31-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisinhouston (Post 622049)
I like to shop at Big Lots because you get good prices and you don't have to get all dressed up like for Walmart! ;)

Yea but Big Lots just buys the stuff in bulk that Walmart can't sell. A real discount store! Made in China twice.

squirell nutkin 12-31-2009 01:41 PM

I once found an enormous sliver of wood in a quart of cottage cheese. I went back to the store and the manager gave me this withering look and said, "What did you expect from a quart of cottage cheese? The whole cottage?"

I'll be here all week folks!

Shawnee123 12-31-2009 01:44 PM

I have never found any kind of anything in any food ever. I'm very disappointed.

newtimer 12-31-2009 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 622079)
I once found an enormous sliver of wood in a quart of cottage cheese.

That's odd. I once bought some lumber at Home Depot and when I got it home I found a big glob of cottage cheese smeared between two of the boards.

Shawnee123 12-31-2009 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by newtimer (Post 622108)
That's odd. I once bought some lumber at Home Depot and when I got it home I found a big glob of cottage cheese smeared between two of the boards.

BWAAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :lol2:

"You got lumber in my cottage cheese!"
"No, you got cottage cheese in my lumber!"

AndyDan 12-31-2009 08:24 PM

Worm in your Apple

You know what's worse than finding a worm in your apple?

Finding half a worm in your apple!

Fortunately, that's never happened to me. I did find a worm in some spinach I was eating once, though. :vomit: