The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Your invention ideas (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=31666)

monster 02-05-2016 03:56 PM

Your invention ideas

if you're confident enough they will come to nowt, share away.....

A few weeks ago I unvented cupholder sized tissue boxes ....then I saw them in the store.

But today....... I invented a car that doesn't self-drive, but sees what needs to happen and then texts it to you. For all those dickheads who drive with their eyes on their phone propped atop their steering wheel

lumberjim 02-05-2016 06:19 PM

It's not an invention, but on the topic of cars...

Your license plate should be your cell number. So I can call you and tell you to get the fuck over. This is the passing lane, jerky.

lumberjim 02-05-2016 06:21 PM

I'd also like to federalize tags and sales tax for cars. But that's just because out of state tags are a pain

xoxoxoBruce 02-05-2016 07:27 PM

But if it's simplified it makes you less valuable. And my plate tells you about my phone... NO PHONE.

I want ATMs that give you a choice of bill denominations.

lumberjim 02-05-2016 09:43 PM

I've got one like yours monstah: I invented this mentally... But my version was disposable.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...bcff5525e1.jpg

lumberjim 02-05-2016 09:44 PM

Sorry you asked?

Scriveyn 02-06-2016 02:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 952998)
... I want ATMs that give you a choice of bill denominations.

€/$9.99 bills would reduce the small change rattling around my pockets. :idea:

Seriously though, we've got this kind of ATM in my area (DE), some of them anyway.

monster 02-07-2016 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scriveyn (Post 953015)
€/$9.99 bills would reduce the small change rattling around my pockets. :idea:

Seriously though, we've got this kind of ATM in my area (DE), some of them anyway.

you don't have sales tax?

xoxoxoBruce 02-08-2016 12:11 AM

Nope, no sales tax in Delaware, personal income tax though. You have to submit a copy of your federal tax return along with your state form. A real pain in the ass for out of state-ers working in DE.

Scriveyn 02-08-2016 09:06 AM

LOL! DE/Europe - and the price on the shelf is what you pay, tax (VAT) already included. There are no local taxes varying by state/city.

busterb 02-08-2016 02:50 PM

Over the years I've came up with some world class brainstorms. Most times after a few drinks of hard crap. Once I thought it was so great I recorded it. So I wouldn't forget.
Well next day I deleted it.. Shit wouldn't fly.

Pamela 02-08-2016 08:01 PM

I once had the idea of a drop in mod for a water dispenser whereby you didn't have to remove the plastic cap on the five gallon bottle, just upend it and slide it into the well and the top of the device would pierce the cap and release the water, thus eliminating the almost inevitable spillage when changing bottles.

Then I found that some a-hole patented the idea but never built one. Just sat on the patent until someone like me comes along so they could sell me the patent or sue me if I didn't do due diligence before building/marketing.

It was a good idea though, I thought.

Gravdigr 02-09-2016 01:19 PM

TinEye, or, drag-n-drop searches for videos.

Oftentimes, videos for YahooNews' (and other sites') articles won't play, even after multiple refreshes. It would be nice to use the thumbnail for the video to be able to search for that same video on YouTube, LiveLeak, or whatever, without typing the title/subject of the vid, and then drilling through the search results.

Did I just make somebody a million damn dollars?

Spexxvet 02-09-2016 02:37 PM

A sticker with a picture of a screw on it. Cover the hearts on bumper stickers. "I heart NY" becomes "I screw NY"

BigV 02-09-2016 10:35 PM

Clubs are trump.