The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Whatcha doing with your isolation? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34972)

limey 03-19-2020 09:54 AM

I’ve just turned leftover chicken thighs from a big batch stew into paprika chicken, chicken curry, and chicken and lentil soup, all for the freezer. Trying to have a stock of easy to cook foods in case we fall ill.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Gravdigr 03-19-2020 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumberjim (Post 1048795)
You'll be ok, meow

Meow stop that, stoppit right meow.

DanaC 03-20-2020 04:34 PM

I havent really experienced it so much yet. I am generally alone in my house when not working anyway, though I do usually go to mum's house at some point most days ... at the moment I am still working, which also mans Mum having Carrot at hers during the day - I was already dropping him down of a morning rather than her picking him up in the car middayish, because of her recent op. So right now the only real difference is that I drop him at the gate rather than in the house and then when I get back from work, I dont go into her house, she comes out with both dogs and she walks Nelle partway up the hill with me and Carrot then I carry on the rest of the way home - we keep a bit of distance between us while we walk now.

When our laptops have been sorted out and we can work from home, then I think I;m going to feel it. I love being by myself and often crave more time to just be on my own at home, but from a mental health perspective, I know I am better when I am going into a workplace at least some of the time.

At least i won't be bored if I am working at home - just hope the network doesnt crash under the pressure lol

Griff 03-20-2020 05:01 PM

lol. My internet issues may become a problem but we're working on it. Hopefully we can squeeze out just enough bandwidth.

I decided to feed on the porch for convenience. Social distancing with 10s of thousands of my closest friends.

xoxoxoBruce 03-21-2020 12:02 AM

Whatta ya mean 10s of thousands, how many do you have, just count up the birth certificates and/or title transfers.

footfootfoot 03-21-2020 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 1048676)
Today I'm smoking a corned beef brisket. Yay!

So envious!

footfootfoot 03-21-2020 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1048911)
lol. My internet issues may become a problem but we're working on it. Hopefully we can squeeze out just enough bandwidth.

I decided to feed on the porch for convenience. Social distancing with 10s of thousands of my closest friends.

Cleansing flight or are they out and about already?

footfootfoot 03-21-2020 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1048769)
Alas, getting my 13-year-old hooked on pot is probably not a viable option.

As of right now, most of his stress is coming from not knowing what "online school" is going to look like. We're supposed to get an email tomorrow with more information, so if we're lucky by Monday or Tuesday he'll settle in.

Fire up Khan academy and say it's going to be something like this. assuming it will be something like that so you don't then have the fallout of "it's not anything like you said"

Griff 03-21-2020 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 1048962)
Cleansing flight or are they out and about already?

The warm weather has them out. It's cold here today but next week we're in the 50s again. They've been on the crocuses for the last week.

BigV 03-21-2020 05:28 PM

re isolation

I'm trying to remember the last time the kids visited and I hugged them. They've been here since them, but all physically distant while socially connected. it is weird and saddening inside.

limey 03-21-2020 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1049013)
re isolation

I'm trying to remember the last time the kids visited and I hugged them. They've been here since them, but all physically distant while socially connected. it is weird and saddening inside.

I heard a theory that the virus spread so quickly in Italy because they are such huggy family people, so you’re probably doing the right thing. But it’s tough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Flint 03-21-2020 10:19 PM

Setting up a large drumset, with lots of toms and cymbals and pedals, because I don't need to keep a "gig ready" set-up (bars are closed).

I brought a large punching bag into my room and I'm using it as a weight bench, on the floor, and lifting weights when I feel stir crazy.

Also, I'm still going to work, because my department never closes, so I've been doing a lot of disinfecting door handles, light switches, car keys, steering wheels, cell phones, laptops, anything I pack out when going to/from home/work. I disinfect my entire office every morning before taking my backpack off, I wash my hands every time I enter or leave a room, I only touch surfaces that I can trust, and I take off all my scrubs and throw them in the laundry room immediately upon getting home. Then, I stay in my bedroom/bathroom and keep it hygienically quarantined from the the kitchen. So... those are some of my activities too...

xoxoxoBruce 03-21-2020 11:29 PM

Cover all that shit with copper foil.

Griff 03-22-2020 08:23 AM

Refused a mtb ride with friends today. Trying to take a flattened curve seriously.

fargon 03-22-2020 02:06 PM

Today is smoked beef back ribs.