The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I know this is just a bunch of terrible kids but... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34029)

Griff 01-20-2019 09:03 AM

I know this is just a bunch of terrible kids but...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/relig...=.681ce32500fe

I prefer the long dead Vatican II church of my youth.

tw 01-20-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1023604)
I prefer the long dead Vatican II church of my youth.

Tolerance? When did any religion, that would impose their beliefs on all others, learn the word tolerance?

My god says I must impose his beliefs on other others with force and suicide bombings when necessary.

sexobon 01-20-2019 09:45 AM

Scheduled march and spontaneous counter march. Nonviolent freedom of expression being exercised on both sides. I'm OK with that. Chanting and beating a drum was no less obnoxious than others chanting slogans. The Native American elder veteran got drowned out; so, what did he do? He became a little whiney girly man who cried intimidation because that public venue wasn't all his.

The students showed no class, much like war protesters who show up at military funerals. Their lack of life experience; however, is mitigating. If their school takes disciplinary action against them, as opposed to just reteaching, I can see the lawsuits flying.

Undertoad 01-20-2019 10:11 AM

Reporter Discovers and Writes Story Supporting The Official Narrative

"This confirms my beliefs," say many Narrative supporters after clicking on the paywalled item

:D

Happy Monkey 01-20-2019 10:26 AM

It's not just terrible kids; it's their chaperones, too.

sexobon 01-20-2019 10:33 AM

It's hard to get good chaperones these days. They should have called upon some Boy Scout leaders like glatt.

Undertoad 01-20-2019 10:40 AM

It keeps on happening to this same dude

sexobon 01-20-2019 10:46 AM

I was wondering if you were going to come back with something after that paywalled article mind-boggler.

glatt 01-20-2019 11:35 AM

As people like me leave the Roman Catholic Church, people like them are the ones who are left.

Undertoad 01-20-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1023615)
I was wondering if you were going to come back with something after that paywalled article mind-boggler.

if you gonna quote my deleted posts you may fuck right off

sexobon 01-20-2019 11:58 AM

Yeah, no.

Do the revisions and/or deletions of your scatterbrained posts in the preview window like everyone else and you won't have anyone making keyword references to them.

Quote my foot.

Griff 01-20-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 1023620)
As people like me leave the Roman Catholic Church, people like them are the ones who are left.

You and me both brother. The American Church decided the culture war was more important than Jesus. It's not going well.

BigV 01-20-2019 01:08 PM

How well "it's going" depends on the goal, I'd say. I am not a Catholic, I respect the choices others make, but it does seem inconsistent when I compare what the source material is supposed to be and what I read and see about the actions of those who claim to be believers.

I think your opening observation, Griff, is most on target. It's a bunch of asshole kids being assholes. T/hey're ignorant of the impact of their actions on others directly and indirectly. Also on themselves. I can see the immediate positive sensation of feeling power and attention. That's small and fleeting compared to the damage to others and to their future, more mature selves.

BigV 01-20-2019 01:30 PM

As for the chaperones, not much can be said as the mob of boys appear to unattended. But there are reports that the mother of the boy in the video deflects criticisms of his actions by claiming "black muslims" harassed her boy:

Quote:

“Shame on you! Were you there? Did you hear the names the people where calling these boys? It was shameful. Did you witness the black Muslims yelling profanities and video taping trying to get something to futher (sic) your narrative of hatred?? Did you know that this “man” came up to this one boy and drummed in his face? Shame on you. Only reporting what you want. More fake news.”
From here and here.

Enabling, blaming, deflecting, so much fear and hatred. Pathetic.

Undertoad 01-20-2019 04:28 PM

The Media Wildly Mischaracterized That Video of Covington Catholic Students Confronting a Native American Veteran

Not saying just saying.