The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Weekly Wagon Roll Call (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21453)

ZenGum 12-22-2009 06:48 PM

In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is shunned as a raving lunatic.

richlevy 12-22-2009 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 619844)
I go to a summer music camp

Nice story, but you should have started it "This one time at band camp.....".:lol2:

:band:

Trilby 12-23-2009 07:20 AM

I'm still on it!

limey 12-23-2009 09:19 AM

Yay Bri!
:thumb::cheerldr:

ZenGum 12-24-2009 01:25 AM

: validates Bri :

Griff 12-24-2009 01:49 PM

Politely refused another drink offer from someone who has already been told I'm off the stuff a number of times. I'm getting better at no thank you.

Family is the hardest to to impress this on, since family is where my alcohol problem resides.

ZenGum 12-24-2009 06:04 PM

If you are ever in the spot of thinking "it would be rude of me to refuse", always remember, it was already rude of them to offer if they know you're on the wagon.

What Nancy said. An no, not the bit about "Oh God, Ronnie, deeper! Deeper!"

Griff 12-24-2009 06:05 PM

ouch not the mental picture I needed. :thepain:

limey 12-24-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 620360)
Politely refused another drink offer from someone who has already been told I'm off the stuff a number of times. I'm getting better at no thank you.

Family is the hardest to to impress this on, since family is where my alcohol problem resides.

Go Griff!

richlevy 12-26-2009 11:26 AM

Congratulations to everyone who made it through Christmas. I recently saw someone whose spouse drank themselves to death not too long ago. I keep on thinking of alcohol deaths as usually accident/homicide/suicide, but even in this day and age it is still possible to kill yourself with just the alcohol.

The incidents of fatal alcohol poisoning that happens in a single day is bad enough, but watching someone drink themselves into an early grave must be brutal.

limey 12-26-2009 02:45 PM

I was interpreter for the widow at the funeral of a guy who drank himself to death ... not a fun job. Full marks to the officiating priest - he provided me with the texts of the relevant readings from the Bible in the required language (Russian) ...

Griff 12-27-2009 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richlevy (Post 620670)
Congratulations to everyone who made it through Christmas. I recently saw someone whose spouse drank themselves to death not too long ago. I keep on thinking of alcohol deaths as usually accident/homicide/suicide, but even in this day and age it is still possible to kill yourself with just the alcohol.

The incidents of fatal alcohol poisoning that happens in a single day is bad enough, but watching someone drink themselves into an early grave must be brutal.

New Year's will be tough for some of our buddies here. There is such a culture of boozing around Jan1 it can really put the pressure on. Good luck friends, I'm staying in on amateur night.

That is an awful thing to witness.

classicman 12-27-2009 08:18 PM

I will be firmly planted at the homestead with my loved ones. I may have a beer or two and a glass of champagne to finally put to rest the year that was the worst of our collective lives. I am looking forward to 2010 to be one full of hope and progress.

Trilby 12-27-2009 08:29 PM

Strangely enough, the holidays aren't the problem. It's this day to day living that wears me out (apologies to Chekov) and makes me want to escape.

SamIam 12-27-2009 09:40 PM

Agree with Brianna. Its the little things that keep accumulating until I am so fed up that a drink starts looking like a viable option.