The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Whatcha doing with your isolation? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34972)

fargon 03-18-2020 04:24 PM

6 hours start to finish. On a 22 in Weber Kettle.

Gravdigr 03-18-2020 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 1048686)
and did you add some herbs?

I bet there was herb involved.:blunt:

fargon 03-18-2020 04:27 PM

Herb defiantly made an appearance.

Griff 03-18-2020 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fargon (Post 1048745)
Me: Today I'm smoking a corned beef brisket. Yay!
Monster: What kind of paper did you use to roll that? and did you add some herbs?
Not paper foil, with beef broth and a touch of Apple Cider Vinegar.
As far as seasoning, started with a slather of Wooster sauce and stupid yellow mustered. Then I applied a rub of pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder. I used a store bought Hormel corned beef. Smoked for three hours with Oak, then wrapped in foil with beef broth to an internal temperature of 205F.
We had Reubens for dinner.

Want!

fargon 03-18-2020 04:30 PM

Come on over I got a couple of pounds left.

Griff 03-18-2020 04:32 PM

Electric Lettuce and Meat? Worth the risk!

Clodfobble 03-18-2020 04:55 PM

Ugh. Son is more on edge than I'd realized. Unfortunate timing meant a small panic on his part (of the "oh no I'm going to be late" variety) that I couldn't come defuse because I was busy attending to his sister's doctor's appointment over Skype, and this led to him going into his room to scream into a pillow and thrash until he'd gotten it out of his system. It's a deliberate coping technique we've taught him, and worked in the short term until I could sort out his problem, but I'm not thrilled that this relatively small thing was a pillow-screaming level event.

Gravdigr 03-18-2020 04:58 PM

Instead of a pillow, I go to the river and scream my bloody head off.

It works. Kinda. Sometimes.

Griff 03-18-2020 04:59 PM

Oof. Gonna be a long home stand.

fargon 03-18-2020 05:00 PM

I just smoke a bowl.

Clodfobble 03-18-2020 05:25 PM

Alas, getting my 13-year-old hooked on pot is probably not a viable option.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff
Oof. Gonna be a long home stand.

As of right now, most of his stress is coming from not knowing what "online school" is going to look like. We're supposed to get an email tomorrow with more information, so if we're lucky by Monday or Tuesday he'll settle in.

BigV 03-18-2020 07:23 PM

I feel like I've had a two month head start on all of you.

Socially distant.

Working exclusively online.

My home time is being spent alone though because Twil is still going to work.

I miss human contact. When I recently (two weeks ago, before the doors *everywhere* slammed shut) had to appear in person at the unemployment office for a reemployment plan meeting, it was kind of a joy to get dressed, have my paperwork in order, drive to an office and talk with other office people.

I "work" at my "office" each day, searching for suitable job openings and applying where appropriate. I record my work and submit my job search log each week when I make my unemployment insurance claim.

I do some chores around the house, I've had a couple projects and it's only recently been nice enough outside to do outside work. I walked around the back yard and noticed up close the effect the deer visits are having on everything green within four or five feet of the ground. Locusts come to mind.

monster 03-18-2020 10:50 PM

I hear that. But loneliness was already starting to break me... :/

Today I started off with a big cry. Followed it with a whine on facebook, then got an email about a job interview by phone, so panicked a bit, watched irrelevant shit on youtube, went for a walk, did the interview. I hunted for the bits I bought to mend the broken kitchen drawers, but didn't find them so started on the beer and interwebs. My eyes still feel like I've been recently crying even though I stopped hours ago. probably I should try to go to bed earlier. Less productive than previous days. maybe tomorrow I will make up for it?

lumberjim 03-18-2020 11:00 PM

You'll be ok, meow

Griff 03-19-2020 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1048769)
Alas, getting my 13-year-old hooked on pot is probably not a viable option.

As of right now, most of his stress is coming from not knowing what "online school" is going to look like. We're supposed to get an email tomorrow with more information, so if we're lucky by Monday or Tuesday he'll settle in.

Turns out, he's a lot like me. Apparently, we have permission to tele-meet (er somethin) for fewer hours with our folks to prevent regression. Naturally I have Frontier the worst internet provider in the country,so we'll see how this goes. I'm trying not to freak out about it, but what I love about my job is the face to face this may not be great for me. Fuck I hate being on the phone let alone facetime.