The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Broadchurch! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=28762)

footfootfoot 03-11-2013 11:02 PM

Broadchurch!

Wow. I'm fucking riveted.

It's torment waiting an entire week to watch the next episode.

footfootfoot 03-30-2013 09:06 PM

I'm getting a kind of Wickerman vibe.
Anyone watching this?
Buehler?

richlevy 03-30-2013 09:20 PM

Had to look it up. When I saw the name I got a BBC vibe but I know you live here in the U.S. It turns out my instincts were right. So a series revolving around a single murder in a small town. Sounds a bit like Twin Peaks.

footfootfoot 03-30-2013 10:37 PM

Yeah, in a way, but it's not surreal like Twin Peaks was, it's more straight drama with a whole assload of people hiding shit about their comings and goings, and the detective is from out of town, a devout Catholic, and there's this humongous cage in the shape of a man, and it appears to be made out of twigs.

Might be.

DanaC 03-31-2013 04:05 AM

I'm loving Broadchurch. And yeah, I do get a little bit of a Wickerman vibe. Not so much the pagan stuff, but the insular little town and its secrets.

Olivia Coleman is outstanding in it.

footfootfoot 03-31-2013 12:50 PM

Oh she is my new favorite actress. I found it hard to believe she was also HArriet Schulenberg in Green Wing. That's acting. I DL'd Tyrannosaur, very heavy movie but she and her costar were outstanding.

She can act the shit out of a role.

Have to find some That Mitchell and Webb Look.

DanaC 03-31-2013 12:59 PM

Have you seen Peep Show? She's awesome in that.

[eta] also, though I've never actually watched en episode, so can't recommend as such, there's a series called Rev that she has a large part in.

BigV 04-09-2013 05:52 PM

outstanding in it?

she's *soaking* in it!

DanaC 04-12-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 860024)
outstanding in it?

she's *soaking* in it!

Boom, boom!

I just watched the sixth episode. I'm all caught up. damn, I want more. Like, now.

This thread is lacking in the clip department. There is a clip deficiency in this thread.

Ocean's Edge 04-12-2013 03:01 PM

Looking forward to checking this one out

footfootfoot 04-12-2013 04:59 PM

I love Olivia

BigV 04-15-2013 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by footfootfoot (Post 859028)
Oh she is my new favorite actress. I found it hard to believe she was also HArriet Schulenberg in Green Wing. That's acting. I DL'd Tyrannosaur, very heavy movie but she and her costar were outstanding.

She can act the shit out of a role.

Have to find some That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Tyranosaur is streamable via Netflix. It's heavy and I'm taking it in two sittings.

footfootfoot 04-15-2013 11:41 AM

Oh it gets heavier.

DanaC 04-16-2013 03:44 AM

last night's Broadchurch: Bloodyhell! Utter bastards. That ending was cruel. Can't believe I have to wait a whole week for the conclusion.

footfootfoot 04-16-2013 08:14 AM

I know! I will forgive them this time, but that was a sneaky American cliffhanger trick.
Spoiler in white:
I always suspected Tom, Danny's "friend" since the very first scene where he was deleting shit from his phone. But now, I think there may be more to it than that. A number of people. I also suspected Ellie's husband of being the guy who jumped the fence and rang Ellie's mobile, but he would have done a better job of destroying the computer if he were implicated. Maybe he was covering for his son... OOH! or vice versa! Especially with Ellie's self righteous "How could you not know about your husband..." directed towards Susan Wright. THAT would be something.

I hope the week passes quickly enough. There's Vikings too.