The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   I like beer more than I care about being fat... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16901)

Flint 03-24-2008 10:13 PM

I like beer more than I care about being fat...

Not that I'm obscenely obese or anything. But I keep telling myself that I should eliminate those excess beer calories... and I do, for a while. But, when the weather starts to get nice, and I'm grilling outside... hell, I want a cold, refreshing beer. . . . I'll buy new pants.

Aliantha 03-24-2008 10:14 PM

good for you.

Flint 03-24-2008 10:19 PM

I just watched Defending Your Life and, you know how in Judgement City they can eat whatever they want, just pig out?

Well, I said to my wife, "Hey, I already do that." We enjoy the simple things in life, like good food, good music... and doin' it.

Aliantha 03-24-2008 10:21 PM

there's nothing wrong with that.

Flint 03-24-2008 10:23 PM

Maybe this should be in the Philosophy section.

Cloud 03-24-2008 10:27 PM

a cold refreshing beer on a nice summer's day will not make you fat.

A six pack a day, however, will.

lumberjim 03-24-2008 11:23 PM

i like cold beer and i cant deny

smoothmoniker 03-25-2008 10:49 AM

When I'm grilling and drinking an ice cold one on a summer evening, when the ocean breeze has just kicked up to take the edge off the heat of the day, surrounded by friends and loved ones, I get that feeling of deep, deep satisfaction that reminds me why I'm alive.

Flint 03-25-2008 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smoothmoniker (Post 441442)
When I'm grilling and drinking an ice cold one on a summer evening, when the ocean breeze has just kicked up to take the edge off the heat of the day, surrounded by friends and loved ones, I get that feeling of deep, deep satisfaction that reminds me why I'm alive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack Handey
Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Sundae 03-25-2008 12:58 PM

I love beer
I really love it

I hate fat
or more specifically, I hate being single and feeling unattractive

I use 90% of my brain trying to resolve the dilemma

Shawnee123 03-25-2008 01:30 PM

I like beer.
It makes me a jolly good fellow
I like beer.
It helps me unwind and sometimes it makes me feel mellow
Whiskeys too rough, champagne costs too much, vodka puts my mouth in gear
This little refrain should help me explain as a matter of fact I like beer.

Tom T Hall

Drax 03-25-2008 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 441377)
there's nothing wrong with that.

I wish my mom thought this way, but I think society's image consciousness and Weight Watchers has got her brainwashed.

I for one choose two believe what a wise man once said: "The 'fat epidemic' is BULLSHIT!" and "The BMI is BULLSHIT!"

Aliantha 03-25-2008 05:58 PM

Well, I don't think the fat epidemic is bullshit, but I think people have the right to be fat if that makes them happy.

If it doesn't make them happy, they shouldn't drink too much beer. ;)

Cicero 03-25-2008 06:45 PM

A long-time friend had to give up her alcohol intake. She is over-weight and now has a heart condition.....Sucks. Who in the hell is going to help me drink Baltika? She is the only person I know that would do something like that. Sucks for her and now it's sucking for me. Hey what happened to our "rock and roll" lifestyle?

I guess it goes with the territory..I got married and she had to quit drinking....We used to be so Ab-Fab. Now we're just ab-flab and no fun. plbbbt.
:(

Radar 03-27-2008 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 441372)
Not that I'm obscenely obese or anything. But I keep telling myself that I should eliminate those excess beer calories... and I do, for a while. But, when the weather starts to get nice, and I'm grilling outside... hell, I want a cold, refreshing beer. . . . I'll buy new pants.

That reminds me of something Drew Carrey said. He said, "My doctor told me if I stop eating donuts I could live another 20 years. So I told him, yes, but it would be 20 years without donuts."

You could work out every single day, and eat crappy rabbit food that has no real taste, and then get hit by a truck. I say, life is short. I'm willing to give up a few years if I can enjoy the ones I have right now.