The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Birkenstock (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23584)

Tulip 09-17-2010 11:13 PM

Birkenstock

Anyone worn Birkenstock sandals or clogs? Anyone with foot pain wearing Birkenstock sandals or clogs? If so, how does it feel? Checking before getting one. I'm getting constant foot pain so I need something to alleviate the pain before the problem gets serious and I'd have to go to a doctor. Ugh!

monster 09-17-2010 11:36 PM

Go to the doctor first. Get a PT/podiatrist to look at your feet and tell you what you need.

That said, Dr Scholl's gel insole range seem to solve most problems. Birks are for hippies.

Exactly how are your feet hurting?

Aliantha 09-18-2010 12:25 AM

Bikenstocks are very fashionable over here these days, so pretty much everyone wears them (except me because I am not fashionable), but my cousins swear they're very comfortable.

That being said, monster is right. Go see a podiatrist. I had a problem with a tendon in my ankle, and basically what I needed to do was stop wearing slip on shoes and wear well fitted cross trainers for a few months. That more or less solved my problem. I didn't even need to get orthotics (sp?) in the end.

zippyt 09-18-2010 12:55 AM

Arch Support is KEY !!!

And are your Big toe and Second toe separated ??
and if so By How Much ???

Strange Questions from me BUT ,,,
I was in The Marines , we used to do 20-30 miles in our Black Cadillac's(our Boots ), with Many Lbs in Packs
And I work on My feet Every Day , Not Just standing around , eather !!

You have Metatarsal( yer Toe bones) Arches as well as the Arch you see from yer Big toe to yer heel ,
These NEED to be supported as well .

as we age ( and grow in weight ) there is More Pressure on these joints ,
thus less Spring in our steps

This I Have learned the HARD way !!
Shin Splint splints SUCK !!!

So DO Sore feetz after a HARD day !!!

Griff 09-18-2010 07:16 AM

My Berkies are holy crap... like two decades old...

Speaking of dirty hippies, I had a rare sighting of a mating pair outside PetsMart last night.

Cloud 09-18-2010 10:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Birks are for hippies? yes they are. They are also great for my 6EEE feet. I own about 10 pair, and have worn my birkies daily for over 30 years.

But don't consider them a "fix" for all foot problems, so if you need to see a doctor, you should go.

wolf 09-18-2010 11:18 AM

I love my Birkenstocks, have a couple pairs of sandals and a couple of the clogs. They are the best darn shoes I own. I wish I could wear the sandals at work, but I won't wear open-toed shoes there. I get stepped on and peed at too much.

jimhelm 09-18-2010 11:42 AM

I wear Birkenstocks all summer. is very good, yes, isn't it?

Flint 09-18-2010 12:36 PM

I think Birks are more comfortable than bare feet. But I wouldn't recommend them to replace care by a physician.

monster 09-18-2010 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 683210)
Birks are for hippies? yes they are.

I never said that was a bad thing......

Cloud 09-18-2010 05:35 PM

I know--it's just the truth. I'm proud of my hippie roots. and my duck feet. and my birks!

Flint 09-18-2010 07:41 PM

You are rockin' those EEE Birks, dear. Fly your freak flag high!

Cloud 09-18-2010 08:46 PM

thanks. I always do!

monster 09-18-2010 09:17 PM

I have my ears pierced three times and never wear matching sets of earrings (I rarely wear earrings, but when I do, it's unusual if two are the same and if they are, they're probably in the same ear....) But somehow it bothers me that your tats aren't matched/balanced :lol: I like 'em, but it bothers me. Come to think of it, my earings are always "balanced" in terms of weight, length, just not matched. How did I get to be so OCD about body art and yet such a slob in the housework field?

Clodfobble 09-18-2010 09:36 PM

I would just like to state for the record that I have never, ever understood how people find those God-forsaken shoes comfortable. They say you have to "break them in" first, but I tried wearing them for a month and it never happened. Like walking on two pieces of plywood.