The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Relationships (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Maryland anyone? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=9598)

Snow Flake 11-21-2005 07:14 PM

Maryland anyone?

Any one from Maryland interesting in meeting new people?
The last year or so, I've kind of fallen away from my friends and I think they pretty much suck now... but yeah. Anyone in the ages of 16-19 and wanna hang out, let me know.

aim- x star lit room x

wolf 11-22-2005 01:11 AM

Maryland? No thanks. I'm trying to cut down. I go under duress once every 24 months. I think that's more than enough.

glatt 11-22-2005 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow Flake
Any one from Maryland interesting in meeting new people?
The last year or so, I've kind of fallen away from my friends and I think they pretty much suck now... but yeah. Anyone in the ages of 16-19 and wanna hang out, let me know.

aim- x star lit room x

Do your parents know you are trying to meet strangers on the internet?

Snow Flake 11-22-2005 06:37 PM

No clue.

BigV 11-22-2005 07:00 PM

Well. I'm far from MD, myself, so my help will be necessarily limited. Perhaps we could start with how your former friends became former. "They suck" doesn't clarify much. What kind of friends wouldn't "suck"?

marichiko 11-22-2005 08:03 PM

And why did you have a falling out with your old friends in the first place? :(

Snow Flake 11-28-2005 12:45 PM

I just reliziled how lame and immature they are. Most got involved in drugs, and that not cool with me at all.

wolf 11-28-2005 12:54 PM

Good for you for being independent enough not to go down that road.

Snow Flake 11-28-2005 06:23 PM

Thank you. But for that, I now pay the price of having almost no one to hang out with.

BigV 11-28-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snow Flake
Thank you. But for that, I now pay the price of having almost no one to hang out with.

Cold comfort, for even a Snow Flake, I'm sure, but it's not "paying a price" as much as it is receiving a reward. The reward of solitude, a necessary ingredient for self knowledge. And the fruits of self knowledge can include friends. As you've already demonstrated, you're learning about other people and yourself. Learning who you are means you'll be a better friend, and therefore have better friends.

Not fast, but sure.

elSicomoro 11-28-2005 07:06 PM

Unfortunately, Snow Flake, you bear the burden of being in Dundalk. That automatically makes you trash in some circles. :)

This board does not have a lot of folks your age on it, nor a whole lot of people from the DC-Baltimore area. Of course, I haven't posted much lately, so for all I know, I could be the oldest member on the board. Nah...no way. Wolf and Bruce are here...they're way older than me. :D

Hang tough, Snow Flake. It's hard to take an unpopular stand, but sometimes, it's worth it...and I think this situation will be one of those times.

Snow Flake 11-29-2005 03:36 AM

Yeah, My boyfriend is from Darlinton and he's always saying crap about Dundalk.
But Dundalk. it's a pretty crap ass place.

wolf 11-29-2005 06:11 PM

Sycamore, if you weren't currently in a civillian disarmament zone across several state lines from you, you would face a good possibility of not getting any older.

No. I haven't discovered the secret of immortality.

itsjulie 11-30-2005 05:58 AM

Snow, no offense, but I would kick my kids ass if they were trying to meet people on the internet (yes, hypicrital because i am doing the same, but thats another thread and don't want to give you any more ideas!)!!!

Be careful!!!! :)

Griff 11-30-2005 07:44 PM

You mean she's not a cop?