The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   4th of July 2010 ... Plans? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23074)

Flint 07-02-2010 09:29 PM

4th of July 2010 ... Plans?

Hopefully, if it doesn't rain, playing an outdoor jam/gig. An old bandmate has a yearly big outdoor campout and fireworks extravaganza on some land just outside of town. Besides some originals and free jamming , this is defined as a setlist:

July 4th 2010 SET LIST
• *PSYCHO KILLER - TALKING HEADS
• *MOTHER'S LITTLE HELPER - STONES
• *I'M A MAN - SPENCER DAVIS GROUP
• SAME OLD THING - BLACK KEYS
• I'M BOUND TO PACK IT UP - THE WHITE STRIPES
• *KILLER CARS - RADIOHEAD
• *IN THE NEW YEAR - THE WALKMEN
• *MY MATHEMATICAL MIND - SPOON
• PIECES OF WHAT - MGMT
• *TIKI GOD - PRESIDENTS OF THE US OF A
• *1985 - WINGS
• DELIA - JOHNNY CASH

From one practice session on the originals, I have determined that drumming doesn't seem to aggravate my wrist tendonitis or torn ligaments or whatever the ƒuck is wrong with my wrists, so I hope to have a good time and play some live music! And get drunk! And blow shit up!

jinx 07-02-2010 09:43 PM

It's what the forefathers would have wanted.

monster 07-02-2010 10:53 PM

pool bbq fireworks

british thanksgiving ;)

Griff 07-03-2010 06:51 AM

Adirondacks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Buh bye.

Queen of the Ryche 07-03-2010 10:08 AM

Laundry, dishes, dusting, vacuuming.........then nothing. Pure, sweet relaxing.

jinx 07-03-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 668468)

<--Envious.
Say hi to my peeps.

lumberjim 07-03-2010 10:45 AM

It would be a good day to kayak, but i think the creek will be way low. maybe a short tubing trip...

lookout123 07-03-2010 11:10 AM

We had our block party all set up. Usually @ 50 people bouncing from house to house. 2 pools for kids with adult supervision, 2 pools for adults with no kid intervention. Plenty of food, and BYOB for those who want. Just good clean fun.

Of course, both boys woke up with strep throat so the party will be on... just not at our house.

squirell nutkin 07-03-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 668468)

Honk when you drive by or stop in to say hi.

jinx 07-03-2010 11:20 AM

Ah that blows LO. I felt like death yesterday, froat is killing me today... Imma suck it up and go take some pictures though I think.

glatt 07-03-2010 01:51 PM

We were gonna go to the lake in Pennsylvania, but there are complications, so we're staying home. But we'll go to the Air Force Memorial near the Pentagon where there is military band and a decent view of the fireworks in DC. Traffic, but nowhere near as bad as if we went into DC.

Just got back from a hike. Beautiful weather today.

Elspode 07-03-2010 02:01 PM

Either going to a friend's farm to watch him try to blow himself up with homemade explosives, or to another friend's place to see a pro show from a nearby office park.

wolf 07-03-2010 07:16 PM

Had to choose amongst invitations, not a hard choice, best friend is a Yankee Doodle Dandy, going to her house for her 64th birthday with all of her family, already was given orders for what I'm to take (Drunken Dragon Dogs) and have made a bonus batch of Bossy Nova Salmon Dip. Passed up invites to go camping at a site that has a pool with a tiki bar in it, and a drunken bbq pool party at the home of one of our shrinks.

I will be going real camping (the kind with tents and coolers, but not with the Rolling Hotel) later in the week. I'll be working support on my friend's VisionQuest.

Flint 07-03-2010 11:42 PM

Today, this morning, took the kids to the parade in my hometown (where they were also born) and hung out all day; caught an awesome fireworks show which we were RIGHT UNDERNEATH to the point you could feel the concussive force in your chest.

ZenGum 07-03-2010 11:55 PM

Quote:

I hope to have a good time and play some live music! And get drunk! And blow shit up!
Ahh, America, you still got it. :D Happy Birthday.

an if'n you blow ya fingers off, it's ya own dang fault.