The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Things that make you go ewwww... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19667)

Aliantha 03-01-2009 09:25 PM

Things that make you go ewwww...

Usually I do the shopping for our household, but since I'm off the road, Dazza has to drive me to the supermarket. This weekend just gone was our first one going grocery shopping together for ages, and I now remember why I usually avoid taking him along.

Aden was pushing the trolley (cart) for me, and I was working through my list. Meanwhile, Dazza keeps wandering off and coming back with all sort of weird things for the trolley. Things like 30 cent noodles. Ewwwww yuck. Seafood extender. Ewwww yuck even more. Homebrand fish sticks. yucko.

I know he's trying to economise in a way, but mostly it's because he actually likes eating those things.

That's the biggest Ewwww of all for me.

eta: I managed to explain to him that the $3 frozen pizza was a waste of money and he should just get a bag of flat bread and I'd make him one that tasted better and would be more nutricious...for the same price!

monster 03-01-2009 09:33 PM

And how is this form of shopping more restful for you? next time, either be in the trolley and have them push you, or make a shopping list with cut 'n' paste pics of the exact products and stay home with a tub of ice cream.

Aliantha 03-01-2009 09:35 PM

lol....That wouldn't work. It's better that I'm there to control things to some degree ie frozen pizza ;)

It was pretty funny really. Made me laugh. I asked Dazza if he was stocking up for when I'm in hospital, because none of that shit will be heated or eaten when I'm in the house.

Clodfobble 03-01-2009 10:09 PM

I completely feel your pain. I try to keep Mr. Clod out of the grocery store at all costs. It's torture to have him wandering around with me, but it's even worse to send him alone and see all the impulse buys he comes back with.

classicman 03-01-2009 10:28 PM

For all the men out there, I must defend the gender. I rock in the grocery store. pbbblllltttt. Oh and my kids hate going with me cuz they know that none of the instant crap is getting bought.

ZenGum 03-01-2009 10:50 PM

Crikey, CLassic, you mean you still haven't figured out how to get out of doing the shopping?

I bet you do a good job of washing the dishes, too. Sucker! ;)

classicman 03-01-2009 10:53 PM

As a matter of fact, I do a great job at the dishes, and the laundry, vacuuming, cleaning.... It's all up to me buddy :)

And I do it myyyyy wayyyyyy.............

zippyt 03-01-2009 11:13 PM

in and Apron , and high heels , and pearls

Razzmatazz13 03-01-2009 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 540179)

:D best...mental picture...of classic....evar!

zippyt 03-01-2009 11:16 PM

but thats ALL he's wearing Razz

monster 03-01-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 540179)

that certainly makes me go eeewww....

DucksNuts 03-02-2009 03:52 AM

I dont know, theres something seriously sexy about ANY man pushing the vacuum cleaner in an apron, high heels and pearls...especially, whilst I am sitting on my arse watching :)

Clodfobble 03-02-2009 08:53 AM

Heels or not, any man who cleans of his own free will gets my vote.

classicman 03-02-2009 12:26 PM

not freewill - must be done and there is no "other" to do it.

However, when there was, I still did most of it.

Shawnee123 03-02-2009 12:29 PM

Grocery shopping is best enjoyed as a solo endeavor, imho. I don't care who does it, but two people is one too many people. ;)