The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=32146)

henry quirk 08-10-2016 08:26 AM

the absurdity of the american voter, americans, america, etc. and etc.

If elections were viewed properly (as hiring an employee instead of installing a noble) then voters, americans, america might get the kind of practical, minimalist, public service (and servants) it needs.

But, noooooooo...

There seems to be an unattractive aspect of the human psyche that craves 'leaders' and 'directors' and 'governors', that wants some one else to say what's what.

Me: I want proxies, servants, employees...folks who shut the fuck up and do the work they were hired to do...folks who never lose sight of being employees and who evidence the appropriate humility as employees.

Not seein' why so many find being 'the governed' a good thing...not seein how a 'need' for governance is a good thing.

Gravdigr 08-10-2016 11:38 AM

Those people are very few, and very far between.

Get a dog.

Carruthers 08-10-2016 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by henry quirk (Post 966266)
There seems to be an unattractive aspect of the human psyche that craves 'leaders' and 'directors' and 'governors', that wants some one else to say what's what.

On the other hand, they're always available to take the blame.

BigV 08-10-2016 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 966284)
Those people are very few, and very far between.

Get a dog.

I disagree. I think there are plenty of people like this all around us. I think very few of them seek public office, and fewer still seek public attention.

El Veto-Voter 08-24-2016 07:49 PM

Some politicians look good in the early going. But the more I hear them say, the more I learn about what they've done, and the more I discover what they plan to do... the worse they seem. It doesn't take long for most of them to appear downright dangerous.

They say the stupidest things and expect us to believe them. They get caught lying and act like it is somebody else's fault. They promise to do what's impossible, like spending trillions on new programs without raising taxes or cutting existing programs. They are unbelievable.

I wonder why most of them are out of the looney bin. I certainly can't agree to give them power over me, you, and the normal people.

In fact, I can't imagine any reason for giving anybody the power to rule.

My vote is my power -- and they're not getting it.

El Veto-Voter

My philosophy is at HaltVote.org

El Veto-Voter 08-24-2016 10:20 PM

Why I don't vote

Ooops! my previous post accidentally had ".org" instead of ".com" (but they assure me that senile dementia is only a "temporary stage").

El Veto-Voter
www.HaltVote.com

classicman 08-27-2016 08:13 AM

Its not the American voters, its the absurdity of the two candidates thrust upon us.
Good gracious they are both awful. One is a proven asshole and the other promises repeatedly to be one.
:vomit:

henry quirk 08-27-2016 11:07 AM

HaltVote: "non-violent"

All the time? Across the board? In all circumstances?

#

"the absurdity of the two candidates thrust upon us"

That we allow to be thrust upon us.