The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Technology (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Hey baby, you smell hot (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=167)

Dagnabit 04-04-2001 05:27 PM

A new study showed that men can smell when women are fertile, and rate those smells as "pleasant" and "sexy". From the New Scientist article:

"Singh and his colleague, Matthew Bronstad, gave a pair of previously unworn T-shirts to women volunteers.

Women slept in the first T-shirt during the fertile phase of their cycle - 13 to 15 days after their previous period. They slept in the other T-shirt during the infertile phase on days 21 to 22 of the cycle.

The women avoided contact with strong odours to avoid masking subtle scent changes. They washed with unscented toiletries, avoided sex and gave up spicy or aromatic foods, such as garlic. Two women had to drop out after indulging in pizzas and cigarettes.

When men sniffed the 21 pairs of T-shirts, 17 gave a resoundingly higher rating to the smells from the fertile phase. They had been told that one set of T-shirts came from women who were more attractive."

Dude111 10-13-2020 09:43 AM

Yup I have heard when someone is hot and ready for fun,the smell is attractive and sweet to turn them on...... Other times its meant to turn them off I guess....... (But some people like those natural smells also)

This might not be the best base for this topic.....

DanaC 10-13-2020 10:40 AM

wow. That kind of resurrection usually takes 3 days

Griff 10-13-2020 10:40 AM

Series of miracles the last few days.

DanaC 10-13-2020 10:55 AM

Yeh man - intense

BigV 10-13-2020 02:16 PM

this feels more and more like being subjected to a safari.

^^^
definitely belongs in the I don't like it thread

eta: I think Dude uses the word "base" for what the cellar calls "forum"

and, against my better judgement, Dude, this thread is posted in this forum because Dagney was referencing an article from the magazine New Scientist, clearly well suited for posting in the Technology forum.

Though I doubt you GAF. I remember awhile back when Clodfobble called you out for posting a link to st0rmƒrunt. She said you were playing a long game. Boy is she smart, wicked smaat.

Undertoad 10-13-2020 02:45 PM

That was 1 year and 8 months ago so it's a really really long game

glatt 10-13-2020 03:14 PM

Hard to believe it was that long ago. My sense of time has really taken a hit. I just saw some color on some leaves. I think summer might be winding down soon.

DanaC 10-13-2020 03:17 PM

I have lost all sense of time. I blink and realise 4 years just jumped past

Clodfobble 10-13-2020 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV
I remember awhile back when Clodfobble called you out for posting a link to st0rmƒrunt. She said you were playing a long game. Boy is she smart, wicked smaat.

For the record, I now think I was wrong about that. My current position is Dude genuinely had no clue, because he's blissfully unaware of the state of most things in the modern world.

Undertoad 10-13-2020 04:37 PM

yes it was speculated to me that a google search indicated he was going through all the remaining vBulletin 3 forums, as those are his fascination; and that one was one of them, same reason he came here

monster 10-13-2020 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dude111 (Post 1060431)
Yup I have heard when someone is hot and ready for fun,the smell is attractive and sweet to turn them on...... Other times its meant to turn them off I guess....... (But some people like those natural smells also)

This might not be the best base for this topic.....

heard from where?

All ar bases are belong to sexy talk.