The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   "War of the Gun's and Roses World" (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27047)

JBKlyde 03-15-2012 04:56 PM

"War of the Gun's and Roses World"

I like GNR there old stuff mainly but you know it's not worth fighting over. This whole War of the Roses thing is so ridicules. You saw how it ended didn't you where they both died and in the end the lawyers got the money. So my guess is that if there is anyone behind the "curtain" it's some 2 bit lawyer hoping to cash in on some stupid divorce. Shouldn't we be PROMOTING marriage. And if you notice the whole marriage was based on what "IDOLATRY". The bible predicts Disaster because of Idolatry. ANd isn't it Ironic that we now have this American Idol thing. So ask your self the question is it Sweet Child of Mine or is it Satan's Child. So this is me Saying BUNK GNR. TO HELL With GNR. Yea alot of yall won't like that but if this country is ever going to turn around and come out of this depression we MUST turn to GOD. Jesus IS the King of Kings and if the Rock n Roll God Musicians don't set the example then this country is DOOMED.

qcc??

DanaC 03-15-2012 04:59 PM

wtf?

ZenGum 03-15-2012 06:41 PM

JB, this is an excellent example of the florid free association of schizophrenia. I am concerned because that is one of your more incoherent posts. I advise that you print that post and show it to whatever medical professional you are currently dealing with.

In the meantime, umm ... try to chill out some. Don't stress yourself over the fate of the nation and the world. Just nurture your own mind and take care of small to medium sized things in your life: shopping, eating well, personal hygiene, domestic cleaning, things like that. Keep busy, it will probably help your mood stabilise.

Best of luck, mate.

xoxoxoBruce 03-15-2012 06:53 PM

Hmmm...
Guns & Roses? Sweet Child o' Mine, Out Ta Get Me, yeah they're cool.

War of the Roses? Hell yeah, she was still smokin' hot then.

The whole marriage was based on what "IDOLATRY"? Naw, the collecting was because of the failure of the marriage.

The bible predicts Disaster because of Idolatry? Yeah but the Bible isn't always right, and if it's true, money in the idol.

Isn't it Ironic that we now have this American Idol thing? Who's we, kemosabe? A pretty small % of the world is even aware of the show.

is it Sweet Child of Mine or is it Satan's Child? Neither I, nor Satan, is paying support, so you're on your own.

...out of this depression we MUST turn to GOD? Maybe your depression, but for the rest of the country, it's going to take some tough legislation.

... if the Rock n Roll God Musicians don't set the example then this country is DOOMED? I think you'll find Rock&Roll fans aren't very influential in that matter. In fact the Classical, Country, Blues, Reggae, Rap, Jazz, Show Tunes and Misc, fans overshadow Rock fans by far.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC (Post 801697)
wtf?

Yeah, what she said.

sullage 03-15-2012 07:04 PM

obvious troll

xoxoxoBruce 03-15-2012 07:08 PM

I wish that were true, sullage.

infinite monkey 03-16-2012 07:27 AM

What about L'il Guns n Roses? Love this!

BigV 03-16-2012 11:24 AM

I'd love to have dinner with you JBKlyde. You are very interesting, sometimes you're beyond interesting, you're weird. But you're questioning. You have your own ideas. I like that.

Keep it up, man.

And what the others said about not stressing too much about stuff outside your direct control or influence, that's very, very good advice. Cheers!

infinite monkey 03-16-2012 11:36 AM

I'm Lester the Nightfly
Hello Baton Rouge
Won't you turn your radio down
Respect the seven second delay we use

So you say there's a race
Of men in the trees
You're for tough legislation
Thanks for calling
I wait all night for calls like these

An independent station
WJAZ
With jazz and conversation
From the foot of Mt. Belzoni
Sweet music
Tonight the night is mine
Late line 'til the sun comes through the skylight

--Donald Fagen

:)

JBKlyde 03-16-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

JB, this is an excellent example of the florid free association of schizophrenia. I am concerned because that is one of your more incoherent posts. I advise that you print that post and show it to whatever medical professional you are currently dealing with.
sometimes I feel like a "Janitor" working on an air plane, I don't know how to fix it so I use super glue and then the whole thing comes unstitched in mid air..

ZenGum 03-16-2012 06:54 PM

In that metaphor, what does the plane stand for? The world, the US, your self, your specific thoughts at that moment, or something else?

JBKlyde 03-16-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

I'd love to have dinner with you JBKlyde.
If your ever in the Tampa Bay area look me up.

JBKlyde 03-16-2012 07:03 PM

Quote:

In that metaphor, what does the plane stand for? The world, the US, your self, your specific thoughts at that moment, or something else?
The plane is my "journey into faith."

infinite monkey 03-16-2012 09:38 PM

How about your journey into humor? Don't discount me JBK. I offer humor. ;)

Watch the video! If there really is a G-O-D, then he gave us a sense of humor.

JBKlyde 03-17-2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

If there really is a G-O-D, then he gave us a sense of humor.
I watched it im.. I thought it was humorus