The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Today I Learned (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=29898)

DanaC 04-04-2014 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infinite monkey (Post 895949)
:)

Carol told that joke on The Walking Dead. ;)

It's an oldie, but a goodie.

I watched that this week!

Gravdigr 04-04-2014 01:42 PM

Today I learned that eel young are called grigs.

infinite monkey 04-04-2014 01:45 PM

Oh yeah? Well, did you know that a group of accountants is called a 'balance'?
/geico commercial

footfootfoot 04-07-2014 09:30 AM

I think my son is a sloth. He consistently blocks the toilet drain with poops the size of a red bull can.

WTF? dude. I asked him how often he poops and he said a couple of times a week.

Gonna sneak some Senna into his cornflakes...

Undertoad 04-07-2014 09:50 AM

Tell the little dude that there is no shame in it and teach him to use the plunger.

from personal experience

glatt 04-07-2014 11:01 AM

Yeah. We had a "mystery" clogger for a while. Nobody would admit it was them. Except I knew it was my daughter, because a parent can read their kids easily. So next time there was a brick in there, I showed them both how to unclog a toilet. That let her save face because her brother was in there too. And they both learned a life skill. Hasn't been a problem since.

BTW, I think plungers are gross. I prefer a bucket of water poured in from shoulder height. It's cleaner. I taught them both methods. Besides, if you plug up a friend's toilet, they might not have a plunger in there, but they probably have a water tight trash can you can fill from the tub spout.

footfootfoot 04-07-2014 12:01 PM

They know. Buckets of water don't work, nor do plungers. They need to be broken up...

I finally got them to stop leaving catcher's mitts in there. baby steps.

BigV 04-07-2014 12:15 PM

Ugh..

Yeah, plungers *are* gross, but your preferred alternative sounds like a far riskier proposition. Putting More water into an already partly, maybe mostly full bowl with a finite capacity sounds dangerous. Sure, it's *possible* to drown a fire with gasoline, but I don't want to try it.

The toilet in our house can only take.... small bites, shall we say. Flush early and often. I don't ration the toilet paper, but the toilet does. And when it does, it is almost always during some point in the drain part of the flush cycle, leaving some material and some quantity of water in the bowl. Then the recharge/refill part of the cycle continues, refilling the bowl.

To me, moving that mess down the road with the minimum fuss, overflow, and nasty splashing (how the hell do you keep the splashing down?!) means using the plunger, carefully. The plunger can be, and is, cleaned afterward.

The worst case is when that early and often plan is begun not early enough and the second flush only lights the fuse of the bomb your sitting on. Detecting the detonation by the soaking of the scrotum in a big bowl full of filth is one of the worst surprises *ever*.

There's no time to find and fill a bucking fucket.

glatt 04-07-2014 12:34 PM

I understand your skepticism, but the bucket of water really works.

footfootfoot 04-07-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 896225)
I understand your skepticism, but the bucket of water often works.

Depends on the bowl, properly executed plumbing, and ninja turtle population.

Lola Bunny 04-08-2014 10:02 AM

What if you poop twice a week?

Clodfobble 04-08-2014 10:38 AM

A healthy digestive system should be pooping more often than that; ideally one formed movement per day. But it's not the worst health problem you could have...

Gravdigr 04-08-2014 11:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

and nasty splashing (how the hell do you keep the splashing down?!)
We use a plunger with a snout.

Like this one:

Attachment 47305

Try not to be too vigorous w/the plunging.

Gentle, like a lover.

xoxoxoBruce 04-08-2014 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 896276)
What if you poop twice a week?

You're full of shit. :haha:

Gravdigr 04-08-2014 11:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Bored much? Do a Google image search for sexy plunger.

The results are...interesting.

Attachment 47306