The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   ANNOYING! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=19515)

sugarpop 02-11-2009 01:10 PM

ANNOYING!

So OK. I am sitting here, reading the forum, responding to posts, and once in a while get up to do something and come back a couple of minutes later. WHY do I keep getting logged off, and have to log back in? Is there some way to stop this? THANKS!

Pie 02-11-2009 01:18 PM

It's the monkey. He keeps hitting all the keys; once in a while, it's on "logout".
:lol:

Undertoad 02-11-2009 01:33 PM

Allow cookies.

Sheldonrs 02-11-2009 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 533361)
Allow cookies.

And some fruit punch. And maybe some of those little finger sandwiches. :D

sweetwater 02-11-2009 02:02 PM

But if you give a monkey a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk.

sugarpop 02-11-2009 02:12 PM

you guys are no help. funny yes, but seriously, what can I do?

sweetwater 02-11-2009 02:16 PM

I am going to be reading the answers you get, because this happens to me, too, and I don't know why. I do note that logging out of another account will kick me out of accounts on different tabs, but sometimes-not-always. And the gmail notifier seems involved. Again, it's easier for me to log back in than to make the effort to figure things out, but I'll happily accept an explanation from someone else who know more/better. C'mon, people, we're waiting!
:)

Undertoad 02-11-2009 02:22 PM

You must allow cookies from cellar.org. You may be not permitting them to be used in your web browser, or they may be blocked in your firewall settings.

classicman 02-11-2009 02:34 PM

The cellar monkey gets mad when you turn your back on him. Same thing happens to me - If I'm inactive for a bit (15 minutes of inactivity) I believe. Its a safety thing. You wouldn't want a conservative to jump on and post under your account would you?? :right:

HungLikeJesus 02-11-2009 02:38 PM

That's just the Cellar gods telling you to get back to work.

Shawnee123 02-11-2009 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 533390)
The cellar monkey gets mad when you turn your back on him. Same thing happens to me - If I'm inactive for a bit (15 minutes of inactivity) I believe. Its a safety thing. You wouldn't want a conservative to jump on and post under your account would you?? :right:

Wait a minute...how do you know if it's the monkey or the conservative?

I'm kidding! I kid! :)

Pie 02-11-2009 03:11 PM

Easy, check to see if it's the evolved one. :lol:

morethanpretty 02-11-2009 06:47 PM

Changing your cookie settings is what should fix the issue.
If you need help figuring out how to do that, what browser do you use?
Firefox:
Go to Tools
Options
Privacy
Check both Accept cookies, and Accept cookies from 3rd party sites
Keep until: choose either "I close Firefox" or "ask me every time"

Internet Explorer: don't use it download Firefox
but if you insist on using it....
Go to: Tools
Internet Options
Privacy tab, and then move the slider to a position between the top and bottom so you are not blocking or allowing all cookies.
Click Sites, under that
In the Address of website box, type a www.cellar.org, and then choose Allow
Repeat step 5 for each website you want to block or allow. When you are finished, click OK.
Move the slider back to the position it was originally in, and then click OK.

Hope that works for you! Let us know, so others know to do it or not.

classicman 02-11-2009 07:32 PM

FWIW - those are the settings I have in both Firefox and IE both at work and at home. I believe that UT told me the Cellar logs you off after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Try it anyway - maybe I have something else changed somewhere on both computers that causes the same thing...seems highly unlikely, but...???

TheMercenary 02-11-2009 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sugarpop (Post 533346)
So OK. I am sitting here, reading the forum, responding to posts, and once in a while get up to do something and come back a couple of minutes later. WHY do I keep getting logged off, and have to log back in? Is there some way to stop this? THANKS!

They are trying to get rid of you. :D