The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Raspberry Ripple (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35006)

monster 03-27-2020 10:44 PM

Raspberry Ripple

It just occurred to me that here, in the land of a thousand flavors and varieties for everything, this popular UK ice cream flavor does not exist. Can that really be true?

fargon 03-28-2020 08:39 AM

Sounds good, I'll look for it. I'm sure that someone in America's Dairyland is making it. It sounds to good not to make.

Carruthers 03-28-2020 10:11 AM

Raspberry Ripple, Strawberry Ripple and Neapolitan ice cream; all glorious although the colouring of the Neapolitan was too vivid to be harmless, I'm sure.

What about the raspberry split ice lolly from Walls?
I think that the Lyons version was known as the Mivvi.*

Happy days!

*Yes, it was! Link

fargon 03-28-2020 10:36 AM

What about the raspberry split ice lolly from Walls?
I think that the Lyons version was known as the Mivvi.*
They look like a Dreamsickle.
I guess nobody makes them anymore. The Vanilla Ice Cream, dipped in Orange Juice. YUMMY!!!

Gravdigr 03-28-2020 12:38 PM

Raspberry Ripple sounds delicious.

It also sounds like something Fred G. Sanford. would drink.

monster 03-28-2020 12:50 PM

Neapolitan is definitely here, and some fucker always eats all the chocolate first, somethings are universal....

There is a chocolate ripple here, but I'm not sure if that's universal because it's called Mackinac Island Fudge which is a Michigan thing. Almost fairly unique to Michigan too is Superman, which is apparently the state's favorite ice cream flavor. It's gross.

Griff 03-28-2020 01:16 PM

I'm surprised by that, I looked around a bit and it looks like 'mericans always add chocolate flakes. (Raspberry Truffle)

We got a neat little ice cream maker from Lil Pete and her beau for Xmas. Cuisipro brand, pretty sweet.

Pete made a caramel, peanut butter, and chocolate chunk last night. You could crank out your own Raspberry Swirl.

monster 03-28-2020 02:46 PM

i don't really like ice cream. :D I know, weird :lol: I have an ice cream maker I'm going to donate if the thrift stores reopen. It's been in the freezer ready to go for years since the kids were little and never, ever been tried. I'm going to get rid of that little freezer once the crisis is over, so I will no longer have space that needs filling

Urbane Guerrilla 03-28-2020 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1049623)
I'm surprised by that, I looked around a bit and it looks like 'mericans always add chocolate flakes. (Raspberry Truffle)

The wife and I, of a collective 29 years of military between us, have long spoken of Day Desert flavor ice cream -- which the wearers of said camo pattern had just as long dubbed "chocolate chips." It could only have wanted chocolate coated sliced almonds for the complete visual effect.

Probably would have been less trouble to make than Rocky Road To Dublin. With Jameson's.

@monster: sounds like my attitude towards champagne, which I take a single flute of ritually on great occasions -- then drink something else.

monster 03-28-2020 09:01 PM

I don't like champagne either. And I've never seen champagne-flavored ice cream.

glatt 03-28-2020 09:07 PM

We were making room in the fridge after my wife did the grocery run yesterday, and I found a bottle of champagne in there that had been there 3 years. Never drank the stuff.

So I gave it to my son instead to try opening in the back yard with a souvenir sword.

He did the trick where you quickly slide the blade up along the side of the bottle until it hits the lip at the neck. The whole top of the the bottle cracked off with the cork still in it, and flew maybe 20 feet.

That was fun. Then we dumped the bottle out in the grass.

glatt 03-28-2020 09:12 PM

https://youtu.be/A31nLXDSowc

Clodfobble 03-28-2020 09:58 PM

Young master glatt is so old now!

glatt 03-29-2020 07:17 AM

Yeah! He’s right at that transition of being an adult.

High school senior.

Griff 03-29-2020 07:19 AM

Smoothly done. You're getting old mister. :)