The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Food and Drink (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Anyone for shots (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7393)

wolver 12-14-2004 03:10 PM

Anyone for shots

:eyebrow: I have a cousin who's inviting every one for shots and drinks :alien: :gray:

breakingnews 12-14-2004 03:33 PM

This bartender we had last night at Yogi's on the Upper West Side asked us about 8 or 9 times if we wanted to order shots, and if we did, if we would buy one for her as well. I think it worked on us 3 times (vodka, tequila, vodka) - and then she basically started drinking tequila by herself. Which ended up being completely great, because a) she was hot and b) she totally showed us her tits. Twice. Boo-yah!

Undertoad 12-14-2004 03:51 PM

Jacquelita bought me one on Friday night and I never drank it. She drank it instead. Then she got drunk. Mission accomplished :thumbsup: :lol: No really...

perth 12-14-2004 04:49 PM

I had my first (last) shot of gin on Friday night. First blackout I've experienced since college.

SteveDallas 12-14-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad
Jacquelita bought me one on Friday night and I never drank it. She drank it instead. Then she got drunk. Mission accomplished :thumbsup: :lol: No really...

Did she show you . . . .

OK, never mind, I'll be nice. :angel:

Oh, shots. I'm always up for Jagermeister.

Griff 12-14-2004 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by perth
I had my first (last) shot of gin on Friday night. First blackout I've experienced since college.

See that's just doing shots willy nilly, you have to go in with a plan. Tequilla is really the only suitable drink for shots. Hmmm... blackout? Are you sure about that or is this part of a cover up?

SteveDallas 12-14-2004 09:06 PM

Wait, I missed that.. blackout on one shot of gin?? You oughta have one of my martinis.... 3 oz of gin, 3/4 oz vermouth!

wolf 12-15-2004 12:25 AM

My preference for shots is Jack, with a beer back.

I've done the whole tequila thing, and it's just far to complex. After a few the order starts getting muddled.

We had a work thing for a while where whenever we'd go to a company happy hour (one mile rule in effect ... if it happened more than a mile from work, it didn't happen) we'd do Buttery Nipple shots as a kind of bonding experience. One of the doctor's would buy, and earned himself the nickname of "Dr. Nipple."

Yes, we treat serious alcoholics. Your point?

And wolver, do you think it's wise for someone underage to invite several thousand strangers from the internet to your cousin's to booze it up?

404Error 12-15-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf
...And wolver, do you think it's wise for someone underage to invite several thousand strangers from the internet to your cousin's to booze it up?

Whether wolver is underage or not, I don't think it wise to invite that many strangers from the internet anywhere. :unsure:

what's the address, wolver?