The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you could have killed someone.... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16110)

Beevee 12-04-2007 10:57 PM

If you could have killed someone....

.......and changed history as a result, who would it be?

For myself, if I had been Thomas Watson in the other room and accidentally done something that encouraged Alexander Graham Bell to invent the telephone, I would have committed suicide after having throttled him first.

I think the telephone is the most intrusive piece of apparatus ever invented. Why does everyone (well almost everyone) stop whatever they are doing to answer a phone? Why does the person making the call expect to get service ahead of the person who took the trouble to make a personal visit?

Why does the phone always ring when I am in the shower?

I hate it with a vengeance. I do have a mobile but it's only for emergency. The only time it rings is when my wife is on the other end and then I had better answer it - or else.

So - who would you have terminated - and why?

monster 12-04-2007 11:09 PM

I pretty much agree with you on telephones.

But to answer your question....

I think maybe we'd've been better off without Pol Pot. He really had no positive contribution.

classicman 12-04-2007 11:21 PM

Adam or Eve - take your pick.

LJ 12-05-2007 12:08 AM

emo phillips

lookout123 12-05-2007 12:53 AM

gallagher. seriously quit smashing watermelons fucktard.

Hubris Boy 12-05-2007 01:48 AM

Henriette Presburg: mother of Karl Marx.

And then bury the corpse in a crossroads under a new moon with a stake through its heart.

'Cause ya can't be too careful.

Aliantha 12-05-2007 03:53 AM

George Bush

Sundae 12-05-2007 05:53 AM

A lady I worked with called Sandra M. If I wasn't afeared of the power of Google I would write her name in full.
No idea what effect it would have had on history, I just wanted to kill her.

Sun_Sparkz 12-05-2007 05:58 AM

I would have killed that guy who shot john lennon.

Apparently someone actually saved him from committing suicide a few years before he killed lennon? tard.

i dont like the notion of changing history too much. things happened for a reason.

Stress Puppy 12-05-2007 08:18 AM

To paraphrase Douglas Adams, if you try to go back into history to make changes, it won't work. Time and history fit together like a jigsaw puzzle.

Cloud 12-05-2007 08:37 AM

I don't think changing history is a good enough reason to kill someone. One thing that a lifetime of SF fandom has taught me--it never works out well! :)

Also, BeeVee, about the phone: Free yourself from phone slavery! You can do it! It's all in your head!

Just don't answer.

TheMercenary 12-05-2007 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 413300)
George Bush

It was only a matter of time before someone would post him. You see if we were to say it we might get a visit from the Secret Service.

Beevee 12-05-2007 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 413325)
It was only a matter of time before someone would post him. You see if we were to say it we might get a visit from the Secret Service.

Noting where the post comes from beggars the question - does the Secret Service extend that far or would they attempt to use ASIS to silence the critic?

Beevee 12-05-2007 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 413323)
I don't think changing history is a good enough reason to kill someone. One thing that a lifetime of SF fandom has taught me--it never works out well! :)

Also, BeeVee, about the phone: Free yourself from phone slavery! You can do it! It's all in your head!

Just don't answer.

Are you telling me not to answer my wife?

Perhaps I should have married you instead? ;)

Shawnee123 12-05-2007 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lookout123 (Post 413287)
gallagher. seriously quit smashing watermelons fucktard.

Amen!