The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   I come from China. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=3295)

Billy 05-03-2003 10:58 PM

I come from China.

It was taken in 1998, my first year in University, the Central South University (www.csu.edu.cn). I often read books in the attic. I yearn the gold time.

Billy 05-03-2003 11:01 PM

I will post more if you like

I think it is a good way to communicate with worldwide friends. Share good things.

juju 05-03-2003 11:24 PM

The link is broken. Could you try uploading the picture as an attachment?

Billy 05-03-2003 11:53 PM

I can not upload it as one attachment

I am sorry that I can not use the function. My school link is ok.I tried to click it.

Billy 05-04-2003 12:10 AM

Try it again

1 Attachment(s)
I try it again. I am sorry for my mistake.

wolf 05-04-2003 12:53 AM

Welcome to the cellar.

Billy 05-04-2003 12:59 AM

First time to come here

I saw the forum from one China web forum. The friend saied that this forum is warm hearted. We can freely and friendly chat with other friends.

xoxoxoBruce 05-04-2003 01:57 AM

We're not war hearted, Billy. We just like your SKS (AK47) rifles.:D
As I was wrongly asking over in the SARS thread, when you go to buy food that is packaged, do you have brands? I mean if you buy a can of beans in the south, does it have the same label in the north?
You are better educated than most people. Will you tell me what you have learned about the USA in school?
What you have learned about the USA from newspapers? TV? Magazines?
What your family and friends have told you about us?

Billy 05-04-2003 03:32 AM

China open to the world.

Q: When you go to buy food that is packaged, do you have brands?

A: Now China standardize all products. We pack almost product except fresh vegetable so that customer easily to inspect the quality.

Q: I mean if you buy a can of beans in the south, does it have the same label in the north?

A: The same brand product use the same lable in the whole country. If they use different labels, the customer think they have different quality. They would doubt their brand and don't buyt their things. It save cost to use same lable in marketing.

Q: Will you tell me what you have learned about the USA in school?

A: I learned that the USA, Europe, Japan are strong and powerful. We should learn from them to develop our economy. We should absorb their good things, not shortcomings. Of course, we can not depend on any other country. No one can save us, onlt oursevies.

Q: What you have learned about the USA from newspapers? TV? Magazines?

A: In China I can know many things about the USA but the White House secrets. From the media I know the news. I can see the comments and analysis. We have many media to report outside news and things. The China open to the world.

Q: What your family and friends have told you about us?

A: My families know little about the USA. My university USA professors told me that they like China because that here is quiet and safer than in the USA. So they would live in China for the rest life. My UK friends told me that they don't like the USA because the USA people don't think about thingss, just need answer.

But for me, I think the US and China need communicate each other. The world needs all the people to build. The world would become more beautiful if we love each other as you chat with me.

I suggest that you come China to see the reality,not only believe the media. Sometimes they seal the reality for national profits.

I am glad to chat with you. I think you really want to know China. I will try my best to answer you.Or you email me.

Griff 05-04-2003 08:36 AM

Re: China open to the world.

Quote:

Originally posted by Billy

A: I learned that the USA, Europe, Japan are strong and powerful. We should learn from them to develop our economy. We should absorb their good things, not shortcomings. Of course, we can not depend on any other country. No one can save us, onlt oursevies.

I like that attitude, China is also a powerful nation. Interpreting our shortcomings can be the difficult part. Even here, we recognize the shortcomings but we argue about how to best address them without injuring our strengths.

Quote:

But for me, I think the US and China need communicate each other. The world needs all the people to build. The world would become more beautiful if we love each other as you chat with me.

Welcome to the Cellar. Its all about different people communicating. :)

Undertoad 05-04-2003 09:45 AM

Billy, welcome! I have millions of questions. I will start with two:

What do Chinese people think of the history of Mao? In the end, do they think he was a good man or a bad man?

Do you use mostly Microsoft software?

xoxoxoBruce 05-04-2003 11:49 AM

Billy, is that a Nike jacket, you a capitalist running dog?:D
I see Foshan is near Guangzhou (Canton) and in the same part of China as Hong Kong and Macau. Lots of industry and commerce. Warm and wet climate.
How do you feel about Korea, North and South?

Billy 05-04-2003 10:48 PM

Almost us like Chairman Mao

Q: What do Chinese people think of the history of Mao? In the end, do they think he was a good man or a bad man?

A: First, I want to tell you that we think Mao as you think Lincoln. He leaded China to go to peaceful country. Or we still live in dark life.

Many elder than me people worship Mao as GOD. His fight made them free and rich.

Young people don't like Mao as elder, but we still like him. Many my friends and classmates really like his book and idea. They can use his idea to guide their life.

There is no one who never do wrong in one's life. So you should justly view someone.

In all, we think he was a great man in China history. I will follow him to join the fight with Japan in Second Worl War if I was live in that age.

Q: Do you use mostly Microsoft software?

A: To be frank, most of us use MS soft. Now I use IE to answer you. Of course, we have many our software. We have WPS office, King software, Linuix...

The MS software is popular, but it is not only one. Not all people like the smae thing in the world. More choice you face, more freedom you get.

Billy 05-04-2003 11:07 PM

I am me, not capitalist running dog

Q: Billy, is that a Nike jacket, you a capitalist running dog?

A: xoxoxoBruce, you are a real China fan from what you said this word. Outside clothes and things can not present your soul. Even if you wear Bush clothes, you are still yourself.

In the globalization time, we can not live alone without others' work. If we can not make high quality PC, we should use the resource to make high quality clothes to avoid waste. As you know, in the USA many underwears are made in China. I know maybe you wear China made underwear. As you said, you are one socitalist running dog too.

Although I wear Nike jacket, but my mind and soul is China drgon heart. The blood in my body is Yellow River water.

Q: I see Foshan is near Guangzhou (Canton) and in the same part of China as Hong Kong and Macau. Lots of industry and commerce. Warm and wet climate.

A: We near HK, but I can not freely enter HK. This city is one small, quiet and beautiful city. I like it now.

Q: How do you feel about Korea, North and South?

A: The North and South Korea is one people. I think they would become one in the coming future. Many Korean think it too.

The North Korea have a long life friendship with us. We like them. The south has a economy and culture communication with us now. They need China market and I need their products.

I hope we have a calm and cooperation relation. If Asia is good, the world would be better, is it?

Billy 05-04-2003 11:18 PM

One more me

1 Attachment(s)
This one was taken in my company new production line installation ceremony.

wolf 05-04-2003 11:54 PM

Re: I am me, not capitalist running dog

Quote:

Although I wear Nike jacket, but my mind and soul is China drgon heart. The blood in my body is Yellow River water.
Billy, this was quite beautifully said! Very poetic.

Quote:

I hope we have a calm and cooperation relation. If Asia is good, the world would be better, is it?
Excellent wishes for the world.

Billy 05-05-2003 12:22 AM

I have a long way to learn English

Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!

juju 05-05-2003 01:26 AM

I think most Nike products are made in China. So, if anything, wearing the jacket makes him a Chinese patriot. :)

I'm sorry for asking so many questions, but I'm very curious about your country. Feel free to ask me questions, too. Well, here goes..

Quote:

The same brand product use the same lable in the whole country. If they use different labels, the customer think they have different quality.
Are you saying that all food is the exact same quality, no matter who produces it? Isn't it better to be able to buy the best quality food?

Are there companies or corporations in China? Or is it all owned by the government? Is food the only thing that's standardized, or are other products standardized as well?

Quote:

In China I can know many things about the USA but the White House secrets. From the media I know the news. I can see the comments and analysis. We have many media to report outside news and things. The China open to the world.
What do you think of the "Great Firewall of China"? Are there any websites that you're unable to visit? I hear that China mostly blocks access to political sites. Do they also censor political books? How do you learn about other forms of government if the government prevents access to information on them?

If you say something against the government, will you be thrown in prison? For example, if you were in a crowded public area and started shouting, "I love democracy! Down with communism!", what would happen? Would it be a reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident?

What do you think of Falun Gong?

Billy 05-05-2003 06:45 AM

New free China

Q: Are you saying that all food is the exact same quality, no matter who produces it? Isn't it better to be able to buy the best quality food?

A: The company control the quality before they are sent to market to assure product class. The package food are made by machine. We don't pack the fresh food. It is very difficult to differentiate the fresh food quality. We only can divide them in different class.

Of course, we all want to buy the best quality. In fact you need think about your buy capacity. There are Sunkist orange in super markets. The price is very high. So I can not buy it. I have to buy second class orange. I will choose the low price and second class when I think the second class product is enough good. Not all the people can afford to the best quality food.

Q: Are there companies or corporations in China? Or is it all owned by the government?

A: Are you kidding? Now in China there are millions companies and corporation. I worked in one state company. Now I work in one France-Sino company. Now China government would gradually give the right to the private and outside company.

Q: Is food the only thing that's standardized, or are other products standardized as well?

A: Almost product, including food, are packed and standardized in China now.

Q: What do you think of the "Great Firewall of China"? Are there any websites that you're unable to visit?

A: I think we should build the "Great Firewall of China" to prevent virus, sex to child, privacy. There are many pc to be broken when one virus is popular. Don't we protect our pcs?

There are few websites that we can not visit. The websites mainly is Sex, like playboy because in China we can not assure that young chilren saftely visit websites. They have no ability to decide what you should see.

Q: Do they also censor political books?

A: I don't know if they sensor political books because I don't like political books. So I can not iudge if they control books. But the fact is that you must have application before they publish one book. Then the government may sensor the books. In fact, gorvernment would not master too hard on books.

Q: How do you learn about other forms of government if the government prevents access to information on them?

A: Internet is one good tool. We can communicate with others in forum. There I can know something. I can hear something from friends. Sometimes the gorvernment civil servant talked it to his friends and family. So the news would spread in the people.

Q: If you say something against the government, will you be thrown in prison? For example, if you were in a crowded public area and started shouting, "I love democracy! Down with communism!", what would happen? Would it be a reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident?

A: We have freedorm to talk agaist view with others. Now I hear few people throen in prison. There are little movement as you say to stay together to pen oppose the gorvernment. You must apply the admission before you have the movement.

It is very difficult to foretell if we will have reenactment of the 1989 Tianamen Square incident again. We would do the fool things if the gorvernment give us freedorm. In fact I feel more free than ago day after day. We are striving for freedom and demmunism by communication with gorvernment.

Q: What do you think of Falun Gong?

A: Fisrt, I tell you that I am very against the Falun Gong. The cause as follow:

1. It is one evil religion. Its soul is that they don't work and God can give things if they just exercise Falun. As you know, if we don't work we have no food to eat. I like Christianism and other religions because they encourage people to help eah other and work hard.

2. They kite money. You must give much money to your header if you want to join. The just give them pieces of paper. I know many people give all their money to headers. The header said that they would be long life if they give teir money to God. The fact is that the people starved.

3. The header outrage women members. The header cheated them that they would be heathy if have sex with headers.

There are many bad thing of Falun Gong. I can not say it in ome time.

The China gorvernment encourage people have religions. My mother is one Buddhism fan. We all support her.

I am glad to answer you. I tell you that you should judge China using your eyes, not only media.

Undertoad 05-05-2003 08:50 AM

Billy, I think everyone will ask you political questions because that is the most interesting to us.

How do you get music? Do you mostly listen to radio? Do you buy tapes or discs? Do you share them with others, making tapes of the discs? Do people gather to make music?

In the US and in some other cultures, there is "stand-up comedy". A funny person stands at the front of the room with a microphone and tells jokes and funny stories to entertain. Do you have this in China?

Bitmap 05-05-2003 10:44 AM

Re: I have a long way to learn English

Quote:

Thank you for your affirmation. In my pratical work I often poor write. My conpany is French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need inprove my English. Hope you help me.

Thanks!

<i>Here are some simple corrections:</i>
'Thank you for your affirmation. In my pra<b>c</b>tical work I often <b>write poorly</b>. My conpany is <b>A</b> French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch. The USA RCA is its branch too.

I need <b>to</b>* inprove my English. Hope you <b>will</b> help me.

Thanks!'

Your english is great Billy!
*to is used, in this case, like the word 'also'

I'm not too** good at the gramatics, but the corrections I made are just to make it easier to read.

** too is used this way as a modifyer of the word 'good' or another word would be 'very'

dave 05-05-2003 10:51 AM

And here are some simple corrections to Bitmap's simple corrections:

'Thank you for your affirmation. In my practical work I often write poorly. My co<b>m</b>pany is <b>a</b> French company. Thomson Foshan is its branch<b>, and RCA is its branch in the USA</b>.

I need <b>to</b> i<b>m</b>prove my English. Hope you will help me.

Thanks!'

Bitmap 05-05-2003 10:54 AM

um.. yea never mind i don't know this engrish thing very well.

xoxoxoBruce 05-05-2003 04:50 PM

Quote:

you are one socitalist running dog
:thumb: Ha, ha,ha. Good one Billy.
I think half the things I buy are made in China. It seems that all the things that use to come from Japan, Taiwan, Hong Kong, The Phillipines and all the other Asian countries now come from China.
You certainly have the labor force and the quality of the products has improved tremendously. Probably due to investment in technology by China and foreign companies.
It's hard for we westerners to understand how the Chinese could welcome the oppression of communism. But I think that's because most people don't understand how the Chinese suffered at the hands of the the British opium lords, the Japanese war lords, and the other foreign pressures.
It would be nice to have the Koreans reunited but I don't know if it is possible without one side winning.
I would rather ask questions here than in an email because other people get to read your answers.
OK, how long do the average Chinese have to work to earn enough money to buy a computer? A bicycle? A TV? A house?
Be sure and ask anything you want to know about us although you"ll probably get several answers to any question.:D

xoxoxoBruce 05-05-2003 04:58 PM

Is Okzhanglu the guy that told you we were war lovers?;)

Billy 05-05-2003 07:13 PM

You are not war lover

xoxoxoBruce, I typed it wrong. I wanted to say that you are warm hearted.

I am sorry for my mistake.

I don't believe that sone one told me you were war lover. I need judge using my eyes.

Billy 05-05-2003 07:22 PM

Music and China

Q: How do you get music? Do you mostly listen to radio? Do you buy tapes or discs? Do you share them with others, making tapes of the discs? Do people gather to make music?

A: I get music by way of CD, DVD, tapes, TV, vocal concert, radio, band...Here TV is more popular now. Of courese radio still has its listeners. I buy many tapes and discs. I have one SONY walkman. My friends sometimes borrow my tapes, but we all buy new discs, don't make it because we have equipment. In schools, company and society we have many band to and people to make music.

Q: In the US and in some other cultures, there is "stand-up comedy". A funny person stands at the front of the room with a microphone and tells jokes and funny stories to entertain. Do you have this in China?

A: I have this program. But sometimes two ore more people stand do that. This program is one tradition movement.Maybe it have some differences with yours. We all like it.

Billy 05-05-2003 07:44 PM

China purchasing power

xoxoxoBruce, What you said is very good. Any improvement needs a process. As you know, the USA peopel have long time struggle to achieve today freedom. Now you are still working hard to get much.

China open and reform policy is used to accelerate modernization and civilization buliding. Or I can not seat before screen to chat with you. We need freedorm, but we can not achieve it by everyday blood.

Q:OK, how long do the average Chinese have to work to earn enough money to buy a computer? A bicycle? A TV? A house?

A: For the city average people, they need work two months to buy one computer, 1,2 or 3 days to get one bicycle, 1 month to get one common TV, 10 or 20 years to buy one house by divided payments. In large city, like Shanghai, Beijing, Guangzhou, there are many new rich people. They live a life that the US people have.

For country average people, they need work more long time to get them if you only depend on agriculture saving. But they all have TV, bicycle, hosue. A few people to buy one computer because they feel hard to learn how to use it and what they can do by it. They need work 4 or 5 years to build one house, half year to buy one TV.

xoxoxoBruce 05-05-2003 08:51 PM

Billy, I have the feeling you're typing out the questions and the answers. Do you know how to copy and paste?
If you highlight the question and copy it, when you go to the reply box click on the "quote" button and paste in the question. then when you click on the OK it will put in the question so you don't have to type it.
If you need more help with thi just say so. :thumb:

Billy 05-05-2003 09:01 PM

I made a mistake just now

xoxoxoBruce.

Just now I wanted to click "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Buddy List", but I clicked "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Ignore List".

Now how can I delete "Add xoxoxoBruce to Your Ignore List". Please guide me.

Thank you very much.

Cam 05-05-2003 09:06 PM

you need to go to your user Cp, it's in the top right corner. THen near the top you will see a link entitled edit ignor list. If you click on that you should be able to figure out how to remove him.

Billy 05-05-2003 10:36 PM

I corrected it

Thank you. you are warm hearted.

Uryoces 05-06-2003 12:57 AM

I'm really interested in the Chinese space program, particularly the Shenzhou manned-space capsule. I think capsules like Shenzhou, Soyuz, and Apollo are the way to go: small capsules to move people to and from the ISS. I think it would be very cool if China got involved in the International Space Station in some way, or at least have Chinese 'Taikonauts' visit the ISS on a regular basis.

What do you think, Billy?

Billy 05-06-2003 02:57 AM

I support China space program

The human being technology need all of us to build. China should offer our power to advance human progress. We have our advantages to develop something, and have yours. Then we all improve the progress.

The space program would drive other industry progress, like steel, energy, in China. It is a good chance to challenge difficuties.

xoxoxoBruce 05-06-2003 03:37 PM

Hi Billy, next question of many. What does your keyboard on your computer look like? Do they make keyboards with Chinese characters on them? I think I've seen pictures of typewriters with Chinese characters. Is the Cantonese (sp) dialect the "national" language? OK, make that the next couple questions. ;)

Billy 05-06-2003 10:52 PM

China Keyboard and Mandarin

Quote:

Originally posted by xoxoxoBruce
What does your keyboard on your computer look like?
I use Compaq 5500 type PC. There are some Chinese words on "Tab", "Enter", ect.

Quote:

Do they make keyboards with Chinese characters on them?
Ago we made the kwyboard with Chinese so that the people easily learn to use it because then few people can expertly operatecomputer. Now more and more people can earsily use. So it has few Chinese words.

Quote:

Is the Cantonese (sp) dialect the "national" language?
No, Cantonese is not the "National" language. We use Mandarin, based on Beijingnese. Cantonese is popular in HongKong, Canton and GuangXi. To be frank, I speak dialect. It make troubles to my work and communication.

Of courese, I can teach you if want to learn Chinese.

Bitman 05-07-2003 02:19 AM

Re: I am me, not capitalist running dog

Quote:

Yellow river water
Umm, over here that means something different. :p (Think yellow snow.)

That was a joke, I hope you're not offended by it. Which brings me to the shallow question: Tell us a joke! Tell us one with some Chinese context behind it, and after we're done being confused, you can explain it.

Now the deep question: Sometimes I feel that the U.S. really is a young nation, as we argue over things that really aren't that important. How do you feel about the Chinese civilization as a whole? Do you feel the grandeur of the country, its vast population, and its great age? Or is the "old" China obsolete, as you and your generation are free to find a new way of life?

Billy 05-07-2003 06:51 AM

Chinese Civilization

Quote:

Originally posted by Bitman
Tell us one with some Chinese context behind it, and after we're done being confused, you can explain it.
The China history that we can track origined from Yellow River in Henan province, my home town. The forebears started new life here. Then more people come out from here. But we all think Yellow River is our saintly area. The forebears depended on the River in old time. They drank river water, irrigated agriculture using river... So the Yellow River is our Chinese symbol. We like saying that our blood is Yellow River Water.

Quote:

Originally posted by Bitman
Sometimes I feel that the U.S. really is a young nation, as we argue over things that really aren't that important. How do you feel about the Chinese civilization as a whole? Do you feel the grandeur of the country, its vast population, and its great age? Or is the "old" China obsolete, as you and your generation are free to find a new way of life?
I like Chinese civilization as a whole. The Chinese civilization is one of the most rare world civilizations. We should save, protect, absord, create it to make it more beautiful. The human live on forebears' efforts. We can not lose history. History is one mirror.

Chinese civilization is so abundant that I can not use a few words to summarize. Difference people have different views on it. For me, I think the Chinese Civilization is old, abundant, beautiful, great... In China families tradition the more people you have in home the more happiness you would get. And age is the fortune. Age represent experiences and knowledges. In old agriculture time the experiences and knowledges are very important for people to fight with the nature.

My generation people should absord the China Civilization and world civilization to bulid a new civilization that has tradition Chinese civilization and new civilization. The civilization would lose his strong life force if we add and create new civilization.

I think any civilization need other civilization. In globalizition time any country and civilization is alone. So I also like Americam civilization. The Americam civilization is young and vital. You have no past to worry about. You have a vital power to challenge future. In modern age many innovation and new technologies were born in America. China worry about losing tradition civilization and can not find a good way to develop it. So we lag behind you.

elSicomoro 05-07-2003 10:38 AM

Quote:

I think I've seen pictures of typewriters with Chinese characters.
Not to be confused with MC Hammer's dance, known as the Chinese Typewriter.

That Guy 05-07-2003 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore

Not to be confused with MC Hammer's dance, known as the Chinese Typewriter.

Seriously, man. Get with the now. (Not the NOW now, but the here&now.)

"Hello. This is the 80's calling. Could someone tell sycamore's mom that he's ready to be picked up?"

elSicomoro 05-07-2003 12:06 PM

If you're going to bag on me do it right...the Chinese Typewriter was all the rage in 1990-91. :)

warch 05-07-2003 01:29 PM

Hi Billy,
Its great to have you here and so kind as to answer all of our questions!

I am curious what you think about the rule to have only one child. Has this caused any controversy? Are people very disappointed to have a girl?

I ask because I have a friend here in the US who has adopted two daughters from China. She is a single mother, and very committed to teaching and honoring their Chinese heritage. Last year she took her oldest daughter back to China at age 6 to visit the orphanage and village that cared for her the first two years of her life. It has helped her have great pride and a start to understanding her own story.

What do you think of these international adoptions?

That Guy 05-07-2003 04:45 PM

Quote:

If you're going to bag on me do it right...the Chinese Typewriter was all the rage in 1990-91. :)
Weren't you one of the characters typing up about Flock of Seagulls? :vomit:
I also had no idea that Hammer's dance had a name, but let's hear it for the New Jack Swing. :D

elSicomoro 05-07-2003 04:51 PM

Indeed...I can talk about almost any type of music...it makes for interesting conversations.

xoxoxoBruce 05-07-2003 06:35 PM

Quote:

China worry about losing tradition civilization and can not find a good way to develop it.
Do you mean incorporate the traditional Chinese way of life into the new ways, or to preserve the history.
Preserving the history would probably best be done through tourism. That would finance it and give people reason to preserve it. Money talks.
As for incorporating tradition into modern life, you can see what's happening in Japan. The more wealthy each generation becomes, the more they want to change. That's a difficult problem.
One of the reasons the USA was sucessful as a nation was common language. Although many languages were spoken by the people that came here, most tried to learn at least working english, to get along. That helped them to move out of the ethnic communities they settled in, when they first arrived. Now there are many people here that don't speak english at all. They are wholly dependent on the ethnic community. They are trapped.
I think it Would be a good idea for China to push for one dialect to be taught to all children. The parents could still teach them their own dialect if they wanted. But as you are experiencing at work, it's easier when everyone understands.

Teach me Chinese? It would be easier to teach a pig to tap dance.:eek:

Billy 05-07-2003 08:48 PM

China population policy

Quote:

Originally posted by warch
Has this caused any controversy? Are people very disappointed to have a girl?
After the one child in one home policy is executed many years, almost Chinese receive this idea. We all support government. The resource is only so much in the world. The offsprings would have no resource to use if we use up. So we should control population qantity. Now in large cities, like Shaihai, Beijing, young people don't hope to have children because the bring chlidren up is a vast task for them.

In country many people still love boys because they believe can support house and inherit family root. They have chances to have second child if the first child is girl. My brother have two children. One is elder girl, the other is boy.

Quote:

Originally posted by warch
What do you think of these international adoptions?
International adoptions is great. The world is big family now. We should help others as we can. We should other countries children as ours, and don't discriminate the color people. We shoud not judge people by the skin color, age,nationality.. The family would learn Chinese culture if they have one China adpotes child. By this way we can communicate world culture. In fact there are many poor children cna not have a good home. The China welfare can not provided enough support to resolve all problems.

I don't want to marry now, but I like children. I want to adopt children if I can. I hope to give them a warm home. Every child is a angell so we can not let them break wings. When I was young, I was long for one family to adopt me to feel difference love. Now I still have the little mind.

Billy 05-07-2003 09:33 PM

Hard doing

Nowadays it is debated in China if we need preserve and how we preserve it. The Japan was regardes as a good example in China. The Japan preserve old culture and keep high speed economy development(not it is not so fast). In fact Japan preserve perfect old culture than that of China. In "Culture Revolution" we destroyed too many civilization. It is a vast loss for Chinese.

Now many history vista open to the public so that the world people can know it by tourism. Whatever it goes on, we take a step to preserve it.

Nowadays we hope to do things in one standard so that amny rare civilization would pass away. Many minority civilization just goes away. The young generation, including me, don't like the old things, but to new things.

Undertoad 05-07-2003 09:43 PM

Billy,

Did you know that in every large North American city there is a "China town" section, full of Chinese immigrants?

I went on a tour of Philadelphia's Chinatown. It's about 12 city blocks in size. It's one of the finest parts of the city. The residents really care about their area and keep it nice. There are two authentic Chinese markets selling foods I didn't recognize; a pharmacy, selling herbs and Chinese cures; about 20 restaurants, and a branch of a Hong Kong bank. Video store, book store. You could live there without knowing one word of English.

Did you know that almost everywhere in North America there are Chinese restaurants? I don't know if you'd recognize the food they serve. I think a lot of the dishes were created by early Chinese immigrants to America.

Do you like the Hong Kong action films? Jackie Chan?

Billy 05-07-2003 10:12 PM

Movie star

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
Did you know that in every large North American city there is a "China town" section, full of Chinese immigrants?
I know the Chinese spread all over the world now. In North America they have a good life there. Some friends emigrate there. They suggest me to go there. But I don't give up my China nationality, my family and culture. I have fure sisters and one brother. They all married and have Children. They live a poor and comfortable life with my mother and father in countryside. They hope me marry ASAP because my parents are older. Parents want to see me have a home soon.

Quote:

Did you know that almost everywhere in North America there are Chinese restaurants?
I know that. I like China food. It looks beautiful, taste well, eat precious. I like Chuan food and Xiang Food. There are eight famous vast styles food. I can not say it in details now.

Quote:

Do you like the Hong Kong action films? Jackie Chan?
I like action movies. To be frank, I don't so like Jackie Chan. My favourite star is Jet Li (www.JetLi.com). His action looks like artistic and beautiful so that you feel you see one perfect show. He Kuangfu champion in China. Now the action movies are not so cool because there are little good actors and stories.

I commend yo to see Hero. It is not best one for Chinese because we have watched many good action movies. This movie content can not attract us. But the pictures are vey beautiful. Director Zhang YiMou is good at photoes.

xoxoxoBruce 05-07-2003 11:55 PM

Quote:

When I was young, I was long for one family to adopt me to feel difference love. Now I still have the little mind.
Why is this, Billy? Because you came from a large poor family?

Billy 05-08-2003 12:10 AM

China dinner

Quote:

What would you have as a typical dinner in China?
In china we have a typical dinner in home or in restaurant. We order some dishes, like fish, beef, chichen, meat, vegetable, ect. First we have some wine, beer, then we have rice, noodleness or steamed bread. In Canton we like drink soup before and after dinner. In north China we like dinking soup after dinner. The China dishes is very different in different restaurants, areas. The same dish maybe very different in different areas. We have no standard in dinner, up to you. You have many freedorms to select. It is hard for me to give you a exact answer.

Billy 05-08-2003 12:19 AM

Love

Quote:

Why is this, Billy? Because you came from a large poor family?
Not because of poor. It is love. My father is a rude man. When I was young, I hope to get carefull love. My parents are older than me. They can not understand my heart. I lived in my own alone world. Sometimese I think to suicide. I know they love me but they give what I need. Maybe in a new family I can get what I need.

xoxoxoBruce 05-09-2003 12:21 PM

Quote:

My parents are older than me.
Well that makes sense! :D
I understand what you're saying though, about your father being "rude". Usually in that case the wife finds in safer to say nothing.
Anyway, you've come to the right place. There's a lot of love in the Cellar. Just ask Radar or Scottsoloman.

Bitman 05-09-2003 04:25 PM

Re: Love

Quote:

Sometimese I think to suicide.
Most of us have though of suicide at some point in our lives. But it's not really a problem until you start reaching for the scissors.

By the way, you haven't told us a joke yet ...

Billy 05-09-2003 08:26 PM

Love myself

Now I know I first love myself the love others. I should strongly stand up to love myself if I can not gainit from outside. I think my parents love me, but the way is wrong.

When I was young and wanted suicide, I hope to fall in one well because back my house there is one deep well. No one can find me if I do it. Then I can have a quiet life in deep water, heaven.

Thank you here. You all help me like best friends.

xoxoxoBruce 05-10-2003 12:32 PM

Stay away from that well. You already told us water pollution is a big proglem.:D

Billy 05-10-2003 08:09 PM

Good well

Quote:

Stay away from that well. You already told us water pollution is a big proglem.:D
Not all China wells are polluted. There is no industry in my home town. So we stil drink the underground well water. It tastes sweet.

xoxoxoBruce 05-10-2003 10:11 PM

What I meant was, it won't taste sweet very long with you IN it.

elSicomoro 05-10-2003 10:27 PM

Re: Love

Quote:

Not because of poor. It is love. My father is a rude man. When I was young, I hope to get carefull love. My parents are older than me. They can not understand my heart. I lived in my own alone world. Sometimese I think to suicide. I know they love me but they give what I need. Maybe in a new family I can get what I need.
So, if I am understanding you correctly, you wish that your parents would have shown more positive reinforcement of their love for you? Do they currently support you in your life endeavors?

Billy 05-10-2003 10:37 PM

Maybe

Quote:

What I meant was, it won't taste sweet very long with you IN it.
My body would become fertilizer to help the microorganism make water more clear.