The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   You Can Trust Pharma (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=34697)

Gravdigr 10-08-2020 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1059476)
I bet that’s how NyQuil gets you.

Nope. It sneaks up on ya in yer sleep.

jaminhealth 10-08-2020 02:18 PM

Licorice can/does elevate BP.

Amazing how so many just make big jokes out of serious stuff......wow

footfootfoot 10-08-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaminhealth (Post 1059492)
Licorice can/does elevate BP.

Amazing how so many just make big jokes out of serious stuff......wow

You have to eat a shit ton of licorice or have a tenuous grip on health to be laid low by it. There was a guy recently in the news who died from licorice. Maybe he was washing it down with grapefruit juice?

When I worked in a semi-hippy bakery back in the '70s (honey, carob, whole wheat) we'd get people coming in asking for whole wheat chocolate chip cookies.

If you need the fiber in a whole wheat chocolate chip cookie you're eating too many fucking cookies.

Flint 10-08-2020 05:58 PM

man, I can't believe you guys are joking about such serious matters

what total pieces of shit we all must be

monster 10-08-2020 06:15 PM

We want fame via flies too!

footfootfoot 10-08-2020 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 1059536)
man, I can't believe you guys are joking about such serious matters

what total pieces of shit we all must be

you laugh but I know a piece of shit that sparked a cholera epidemic

BigV 10-11-2020 06:04 PM

I can't believe this fuckin jam is going away because of such a simple and unimportant reason. It makes me think of the time a member of my previous extended family totaled her car because there was a bee in the car. Yeah, the bee freaked her out, but avoiding damage to the bee by destroying the whole car was not a good deal for anyone.

Clodfobble 10-11-2020 06:48 PM

I really don't think you can lay the Cellar's closing on this small incident. It's just the straw that broke the camel's back, is all. UT has been dissatisfied with things for a long time.

monster 10-11-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 1060095)
I really don't think you can lay the Cellar's closing on this small incident. It's just the straw that broke the camel's back, is all. UT has been dissatisfied with things for a long time.

this.

Griff 10-12-2020 06:40 AM

Definitely what Clod said. We had had much uglier incidents bitd. Tony wants out. That's his right.

Undertoad 10-12-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 1060086)
I can't believe this fuckin jam is going away because of such a simple and unimportant reason. It makes me think of the time a member of my previous extended family totaled her car because there was a bee in the car. Yeah, the bee freaked her out, but avoiding damage to the bee by destroying the whole car was not a good deal for anyone.

Remember that time when you threatened to just assume I'm a horrible racist, or whatever, because I wouldn't engage with you on your race argument?

Undertoad 10-12-2020 11:19 AM

This thread is great BTW - started by xoB to say you can't trust pharma

There was no dogpile on him

The annoyance comes along and agrees, and says yeah you can't trust pharma -and it became part of the dogpile

it is then curious why nobody dogpiled xoB for his anti-medicine anti-science take

after all he started the thread

if this is a threatening position to hold, one from which we must protect friends and family, it is way more threatening for this disinformation to be shared by a respected long-time dwellar

but, any excuse is a good excuse for the mob

DanaC 10-12-2020 11:41 AM

Its because right now we are in the middle of a global pandemic and there has been and still is a concerted effort from some quarters to spread misinformation - which is having very real world consequences.

That isn't to say I think that is what Jam is up to - I know plenty of people who have a similar mindset and are nothing to do with any movement.

But it is why those points are drawing a much harsher response than they might have if Jam had posted this stuff a year ago.

The stakes have risen

Happy Monkey 10-12-2020 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1060223)
it is then curious why nobody dogpiled xoB for his anti-medicine anti-science take

Is it, though? He posted 19th century snake oil essentially making the same claims that today's "alternative medicine" does.

Flint 10-12-2020 12:31 PM

Dana you're being hysterical-- the mortality rate for single Asian dads between 32 and 37 years of age is less than .002 variance from an inflation-adjusted aggregate of cumulative healthcare outcomes for every year since 1932-- but the mainstream media won't report on that!! .