The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sleep (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20231)

xoxoxoBruce 05-10-2009 03:09 AM

Ah yes, a sweetheart. :D

Aliantha 05-10-2009 04:16 AM

Last night I went to bed at 7pm and didn't wake up till 3am when Max needed a feed, then I slept till about 8am.

I finally had the big sleep I've been craving, but the catch was, I decided to try my drinking shoes on. It was a big mistake to have three glasses of bubbly. One minute I was just sitting there with a pleasant buzz on...the next minute I was pissed as a maggot. I didn't so much decide to go to bed as to go lay down before I fell down. That was after hurling the last glass I drank, which was probably fortunate because I didn't seem to have enough alcohol in my system to create a hangover today.

So anyway, I'm sure tonight I'll be back to the usual 5 or 6 hours again. No darling husband here to get Max up in the morning, and I want to do his last feed again tonight before I go to bed.

slang 05-10-2009 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 563439)
How much do you get? What wakes you? how do you feel when you wake up?

.......woken by alarm and feeling like shit.

My life is quite different from yours and most everyone's here I'm guessing.

I finish work during the week at between 4 and 5 pm and go directly to sleep. Sometimes I need 10 hours of sleep sometimes only 5.

When I'm done sleeping my eyes fly open and I get up. I do have an alarm but almost never need it.

I'm up and about when most of the world here is still hours from getting up. Most of the time I'm at the office at 4am. That's 7 days a week now.

This crazy system that I've created makes my life so much easier and despite it being completely different from anyone else that I know of, it really works great for me.

Waking without the alarm when my body is rested takes me through the entire day. Most of the time I'm not overly tired until 3 or 4.

By the time I sleep my battery is surely running low so there's no troubles falling sleep and very little wakes me up. If there is something loud or annoying that wakes me I go directly back to sleep without any effort. My moods through the day are much better without waking to an alarm.

Throw in some regular bike riding ( at night ) and my energy level is high most of the time.

It's not a lifestyle that would work for many people here but it's close to perfect for me.

Now if only I could get the sun to stop shining without killing the planet. :blush:

Stormieweather 05-10-2009 06:39 PM

I need 7 hours, minimum What I get is between 5 and 6. I go to bed about midnight and am usually asleep by 1 am. Alarm goes off at 6:25 and I'm up by 6:45. I don't often have any difficulty staying asleep, once I'm out, I'm OUT. The only thing that wakes me is child sounds (crying, calling mommy, etc.)

I put off eating my lunch until as late as possible (usually eat by 2:00 pm), because once I do, my blood suger goes haywire and I'm so utterly sleepy and draggy that my productivity goes down by at least 50% and that isn't good. I do eat a light snack every two hours to regulate my blood sugar, but that lunch really does me in (any full meal does). If I can swing it, I'll take a nap when I get home, but usually my children don't let me indulge.

monster 05-10-2009 08:29 PM

stop eating lunch. eat six small meals instead of three big ones.

ZenGum 05-10-2009 11:07 PM

Salng, you just need to move to a different time zone.

TheMercenary 05-11-2009 11:45 AM

Sleep is overrated.

Sundae 05-11-2009 01:45 PM

Another poor night last night.
Approx 4 hours.
Went out walking for over an hour today, hoping that does the trick.

slang 05-11-2009 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 564641)
Slang, you just need to move to a different time zone.

Yes. Starting late July.

Then I can work in some strange sleeping pattern in THAT time zone too.

DanaC 05-11-2009 05:08 PM

I can function well on little to no sleep for a little while then I crash. Once I've crashed I need, like, ten hours sleep for a couple of nights...

My sleeping patterns are erratic. Sometimes I have difficulty commiting myself to the whole sleeping thing. Even if i'm tired. Other times I am desperate to sleep and just can't...then again sometimes I sleep quick and deep...then wake at 3am.

I need at least 6 hours most nights; I rarely get that without oversleeping. Even then I often only just scrape 4 hours. I am shit at hearing alarms. I have three going off at slightly different times. Sometimes I sleep so deep an earthquake couldn't wake me; other times, I swear a mouse moving through a skirting board two houses away would wake me up.

Talking of which. Fucking owl, man. Kept me awake last night, damn thing wouldnt shut up. Hoo...Hoo...Hooo. Trouble is I love that sound. It sends a little thrill of excitement down my spine and then I am well and truly awake and my mind racing about the place again.

Havent heard the nightingale lately. Don't know if we're out of season (? wtf do I know, I grew up in a milltown) or, if that just means I've managed to avoid the 4:30 chorus.

I rarely have any problem sleeping in the day. If I nap in the day, I go out like a light. Mind you, I think my natural inclinations veer to the nocturnal. left to my own devices, with no timetables/job to get to, I gradually slide into someone else's timezone. When I was playing UO I lived on California time mostly :P

piercehawkeye45 05-11-2009 11:54 PM

Hibernation mode is coming up for me soon.

10-12 hours for a week straight then I'm back to normal.

morethanpretty 05-13-2009 07:53 AM

I have a difficult sleeping pattern, its rare I get to bed before 11 and I have to be up for work no later than 6AM, and thats sleeping late. I don't sleep well most nights, either bad dreams or pain, just generally alot of waking up. I've started taking half a dose of Tylanol PM on a regular basis, only way I get some real sleep. To top it off, I try not to, but I usually take a 3hr nap during the day, starting sometime after 1PM. I get a headache and nothing will cure it except closing my eyes, and then I'm asleep. Having the nap or not having the nap doesn't seem to affect my night sleep, I still sleep shitty at night with or without a nap or exercise.

Tiki 05-13-2009 11:16 AM

I am a very very light sleeper, which sometimes I forget because my bedroom is in a silent haven at the back of my house and, of course, I sleep alone.

Damn cat wakes me up every morning at buttfuckthirty meowing outside my door. Why?

classicman 05-13-2009 11:36 AM

...cuz you close the door

Tiki 05-13-2009 12:01 PM

:lol:

If I left the door open, he would be up on my bed waking me up with his nuzzling and purring at least three times a night. It's cute, but I value my beauty sleep!