The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   I'm sorry but we need to talk about Joe Biden (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=35012)

Undertoad 03-30-2020 11:42 PM

I'm sorry but we need to talk about Joe Biden

Holy crap. This is from today, and it's stunning how bad he is. He's losing it. It's way too obvious.

Can someone take him aside, while there's still time, and tell him it just isn't going to work?

Griff 03-31-2020 06:45 AM

Two mentally incompetent Presidents in a row, we've done this before but it's less than ideal. MSNBC carried a lot of water for this guy, did they even consider fitness?

Luce 03-31-2020 09:07 AM

Don't care, still voting against Trump.

Undertoad 03-31-2020 09:43 AM

There's still time. Have someone else run against Trump... this isn't going to work out

We need both party candidates to be the best people we have to offer but they are not sending their best

Luce 03-31-2020 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1049840)
There's still time. Have someone else run against Trump... this isn't going to work out

We need both party candidates to be the best people we have to offer but they are not sending their best

Unfortunately, the democratic process seems to have chosen Joe. So I guess I'm gonna vote for him.

Griff 03-31-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1049838)

Of course! Joe's gonna be bumbly and likely won't serve 4 years but he won't be actively working against the interest of the country. They're likely to slip Cuomo into the VP slot.

sexobon 03-31-2020 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 1049840)
… We need both party candidates to be the best people we have to offer but they are not sending their best

Dems aren't interested in sending the best insomuch as sending the most politically correct. That's why Joke didn't say he's choosing the best qualified candidate as a running mate, he pledged to choose a woman regardless. That he's in and out of it at various times makes him a better puppet for a Dem House to manipulate when the House is looking to regain power lost to the Presidency. Dems don't seem to have learned from the McCain-Palin candidacy that their strategy is obsolete and the priority must be on backing stronger individuals who run.

Luce 03-31-2020 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1049843)
Of course! Joe's gonna be bumbly and likely won't serve 4 years but he won't be actively working against the interest of the country. They're likely to slip Cuomo into the VP slot.

I'm thinking Stacy Abrams.

BigV 03-31-2020 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1049846)
I'm thinking Stacy Abrams.

Yup.

Luce 03-31-2020 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sexobon (Post 1049844)
Dems aren't interested in sending the best insomuch as sending the most politically correct. That's why Joke didn't say he's choosing the best qualified candidate as a running mate, he pledged to choose a woman regardless. That he's in and out of it at various times makes him a better puppet for a Dem House to manipulate when the House is looking to regain power lost to the Presidency. Dems don't seem to have learned from the McCain-Palin candidacy that their strategy is obsolete and the priority must be on backing stronger individuals who run.

We shall take it under advisement.

Griff 03-31-2020 11:57 AM

If we want female, most qualified that's Warren.

Undertoad 03-31-2020 12:29 PM

People won't appreciate this kind of gamesmanship, where the wink wink idea is to elect one and immediately replace with another. And they shouldn't!

This must be handled before convention.

BigV 03-31-2020 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Luce (Post 1049838)

Double yup.

Flint 03-31-2020 01:20 PM

He sounds like Grandpa Simpson. I don't mean this as an ad hominem attack. He's having trouble conjugating his sentences, if that's the right word. He says, "No one's authorized to put anything out that's not in my name" when he means no one is putting anything out in my name that's not authorized by me --he gets lost in the sentence. In the time it takes to complete one idea.

If this is the best the Democrats can do, I'm really leaning towards being convinced that they're losing on purpose.

Luce 03-31-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 1049849)
If we want female, most qualified that's Warren.

I don't feel the need to give up any senators.