The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Health (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Bad News (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24738)

Clodfobble 11-03-2011 02:21 PM

If it's above 7.5% of your adjusted gross income, yes.

BigV 11-03-2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 769863)
If it's above 7.5% of your adjusted gross income, yes.

AND you itemize your deductions. That means you can't just take the standard deduction. It means more complicated tax filing, and much more complicated document control.

Clodfobble 11-03-2011 03:02 PM

Yes, the documentation is a nightmare. But it can be worth it.

wolf 11-03-2011 03:03 PM

Sarge, do you have CHAMPUS/Tricare? Are you still able to use that for private hospitals, physicians, and meds, or is that another benefit the military has lost?

Sending hugs and hope to you, buddy.

monster 11-03-2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 769868)
AND you itemize your deductions. That means you can't just take the standard deduction. It means more complicated tax filing, and much more complicated document control.

It's not that complex. the road to hell is paved with easy. they make stuff easy because it's in their best interest, not yours.

Big Sarge 11-03-2011 07:44 PM

My Tricare coverage ran out & I am under VA. I always itemize, so I can expect to claim it on taxes

Big Sarge 01-13-2012 11:03 AM

Well yesterday had both an MRI and a CT scan done. The VA puzzles me sometimes with their procedures. Anyway, the neurosurgeon says my adenoma has reduced 4.3mm or it could just be the way the "slice" was filmed. So no surgery right now. I meet with the neurologist on the 24th. Hopefully, I will get some new answers. So far I have the following diagnosis for the same problems:

Doctor 1 - adenoma
Doctor 2 - scar tissue from brain injury
Doctor 3 - Neurosarcoidosis
Doctor 4 - cyst

To save money, I've gone off of the gel & I'm back on shots for testosterone. The increase in propanolol has really helped with my tremors in addition to helping with blood pressure.

Overall good news, but still confusing.......

Sundae 01-13-2012 11:09 AM

Sounds like some good news like you say.
How very frustrating not to have a definite diagnosis.

I worry about you having to balance health and money...
Although it seems to be working.

Big Sarge 01-13-2012 11:38 AM

Money is a lot better since I downsized to the camper. Plus the kids love it. LOL, but they start to missing their cable TV, etc. after a day or so when they visit.

Sundae 01-13-2012 11:41 AM

Of course they do - you miss what you're used to.
But they will have far more valuable memories of their childhood/ teen years with you because of it.

Big Sarge 01-24-2012 07:03 PM

Well another typical VA visit. I saw a non-native speaking UT Resident. He has ordered another MRI and EEG. No diagnosis, no change in meds

SamIam 01-26-2012 09:42 AM

Typical VA. You might as well go to your local herbal healer. At least they would pay attention to what you're telling them and honestly try to come up with a cure - unscientific though it might be. But who ever said the VA based its treatments on medicine or science? :right:

SO wrong for our brave military who gave it their all for their country and the country just flicks them off like lint on a sweater. :mad:

Big Sarge 02-07-2012 07:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Another fun day of testing at the VA. I hope I'll get the results next month.

HungLikeJesus 02-07-2012 08:34 PM

Is that how they re-program you?

Big Sarge 02-07-2012 10:38 PM

I wish they could reprogram me!! LOL. I've seriously considered seeking ECT therapy if the amnesia would last longer. There are so many times I wish I could start with a clean "slate".