The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Image of the Day (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Sept 11, 2010: Fuck Cancer (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=23536)

xoxoxoBruce 09-11-2010 01:07 AM

Sept 11, 2010: Fuck Cancer

68 years of marriage doesn't make it any easier to watch your partner deteriorate from cancer and it's treatment. Fuck Cancer!

http://cellar.org/2010/care_giving_and_640_03.jpg

Here's a lot more pictures, including their wedding photo.

Sundae 09-11-2010 06:22 AM

:sniff:

Very touching Bruce.
Mum has her one year X-Ray on the 15th.
Her FC day is on the 17th.
If we're not still talking by then I'll send her a card telling her my love goes into the X-Ray room with her. Because I can't help worrying and I do still care.

Good thoughts from Dwellars would help too.
But only if you're up late on the 14th - her appointment is 09.00 GMT (BST)

Trilby 09-11-2010 06:43 AM

really great pics again, bruce.

that wedding photo was amazing.

Lamplighter 09-11-2010 08:58 AM

Nice picture-story.

Gene seems exceptionally spry for 90,
but at 90 and 89 yrs it is evidence they both chose their parents wisely.

zippyt 09-11-2010 11:57 AM

At a Scrap yard I go to (to work on their scales) , there is this Older lady that sits in the window ,dealing with the customers , figuring out Scrap grades , handing out the money , etc ,,,,,,,,
I havent seen her there in a while ,

I saw her the other day , All slumped down on her self , Most of her hair was gone , And she was dressed All in Pink , and you could tell she didnt feel that well
I asked what was up , She Just looked at me , CANCER she said .
we talked , things dont look good , but they cought it Early

I told her about my Mom , her last Fly fishing trip , the good stuff .
She has a son in Italy , some Nice coastal town with Killer Views , Shes All ways wanted to go and just live there for a while , her Son is for it , she just cant go , to much family stuff in Arkansas .
I told her go for it !!!! if Not now WHEN ???!!! if you can Arrange things Right you can be Sick there as well as here .
She Looked up at me with this Glimmer in her eye ,
I Looked around ( this a CHURCH LADY if there ever was one, the higher the hair the closer to god type ) and said ( Quietly ) Fuck cancer !!
She Looked up at me , grinned and said Yeah Fuck cancer !!!!!

limey 09-11-2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 681842)
At a Scrap yard I go to (to work on their scales) , there is this Older lady that sits in the window ,dealing with the customers , figuring out Scrap grades , handing out the money , etc ,,,,,,,,
I havent seen her there in a while ,

I saw her the other day , All slumped down on her self , Most of her hair was gone , And she was dressed All in Pink , and you could tell she didnt feel that well
I asked what was up , She Just looked at me , CANCER she said .
we talked , things dont look good , but they cought it Early

I told her about my Mom , her last Fly fishing trip , the good stuff .
She has a son in Italy , some Nice coastal town with Killer Views , Shes All ways wanted to go and just live there for a while , her Son is for it , she just cant go , to much family stuff in Arkansas .
I told her go for it !!!! if Not now WHEN ???!!! if you can Arrange things Right you can be Sick there as well as here .
She Looked up at me with this Glimmer in her eye ,
I Looked around ( this a CHURCH LADY if there ever was one, the higher the hair the closer to god type ) and said ( Quietly ) Fuck cancer !!
She Looked up at me , grinned and said Yeah Fuck cancer !!!!!

I hope she goes to Italy. Great story Zip. FUCK CANCER!

Trilby 09-11-2010 01:35 PM

great zippy!!!

Nirvana 09-11-2010 05:43 PM

I love this! Great story Zip!

xoxoxoBruce 09-11-2010 06:17 PM

Zip, with that mug of yours, you could say fuck cancer to the Queen of England, and she'd give you a high five. :lol:
Thanks for making an old lady's day, you done good.

tombstone 09-11-2010 07:08 PM

The link says husband was WW1 Bomber Pilot. I don't think so. Even if WWl pilots had been bombers--do the math.

Also, might be a good idea if couples contemplating marrriage got that story and pictures as part of prenuptial counseling--but then you'd have a lot more one parent families, I guess.

Adak 09-12-2010 02:13 AM

Obviously WWI should have been WWII, but it's a wonderful story.

All marriages should be as durable as theirs has proven to be.

xoxoxoBruce 09-12-2010 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tombstone (Post 681897)
The link says husband was WW1 Bomber Pilot. I don't think so. Even if WWl pilots had been bombers--do the math.

Sure they did, The pilot would just reach out and drop it like a hand grenade. Sometimes they dropped bricks, too :lol:
Quote:

Also, might be a good idea if couples contemplating marriage got that story and pictures as part of prenuptial counseling--but then you'd have a lot more one parent families, I guess.
Really? I should think that the possibility of 68 happy years, and even the obvious love and companionship when the end appears near, would encourage more marriages. Unless you mean more would be convinced to go for it, only to find out this story isn't common?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adak (Post 681927)
Obviously WWI should have been WWII, but it's a wonderful story.

Yes, he wasn't born until after WW I. ;)

noviceathome 09-15-2010 11:29 AM

Fuck cancer.

Elspode 09-16-2010 09:18 PM

I just buried one of my best friends this morning, dead at age 52, one week to the day after walking into the ER under his own power with some abdominal distress. It was an inoperable liver tumor.

Fuck cancer.

Can I get a bigger font, here, please?

Clodfobble 09-17-2010 08:03 AM

Oh no, I'm so sorry Elspode.