The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sexuality question (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6082)

Undertoad 06-14-2004 09:19 PM

Sexuality question

The "I'd hit it!" question:

Consider the people that you come in contact with every day, where you work, where you shop, etc... How many of them (of the appropriate sex) do you find initially attractive (on first seeing them, not after you've known them) that you judge them to be physically attractive enough that you'd, you know, do it with them?

Assuming you were available and the circumstances were right.

What percentage would you say "I'd hit it!"

I say 35%

Please be open and honest and there are no wrong answers.

elSicomoro 06-14-2004 09:23 PM

20%, but keep in mind that I spend almost all my time within the City of Philadelphia.

Clodfobble 06-14-2004 09:25 PM

Less than that. Maybe 10%.

But my definition of attractive doesn't really match up with the standard ones for women--it's not the 10% you would expect.

elSicomoro 06-14-2004 09:30 PM

You're also a chick, so you probably don't think about sex nearly as much as guys do.

xoxoxoBruce 06-14-2004 09:43 PM

20% I know, I know, but you should see the people I come in contact with.:)

Radar 06-14-2004 10:07 PM

I never put my meat where I make my bread.

lumberjim 06-14-2004 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Clodfobble
Less than that. Maybe 10%.

But my definition of attractive doesn't really match up with the standard ones for women--it's not the 10% you would expect.

ok. let's hear it. braces? hunchbacks? stereotypical compugeeks? disfiguring acne? chubby chaser? biker? what?

Quote:

You're also a chick, so you probably don't think about sex nearly as much as guys do.
so young. so much to learn.

lumberjim 06-14-2004 10:20 PM

oh yeah. 15%

For me a lot of the attraction is 'heat'. for me to look ( only look) at a girl and be sure i'd hit it is unusual. if we include the average girl that has that 'thang' .....that would probably jump up to 25% or so. I meet plenty of people at work, and get to spend anywhere from 10 minutes to a few hours getting to know them. does that amount of time count? Ive met girls that at a glance look bangable, but after they say a sentence or two, they're cast off the list. and visa versa. some of the sexiest women are nearly invisible until they look you in the eye and smirk. i'm a sucker for 'librarian hot'

in fact, i'd choose linda carter as Dianna form the wonderwoman days before Pam from the baywatch days

smoothmoniker 06-14-2004 10:23 PM

In all fairness, I do live in Hollywood.

65%

-sm

richlevy 06-14-2004 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by smoothmoniker

65%

-sm

I was on an assignment out there and I did have 2 whole spare hours during the 5 days I was there. We went to Santa Monica Pier. It was off season, but even so, there was very little eye candy.

Catwoman 06-15-2004 05:25 AM

Not very high - about 3%. Who I'd actually want to fuck. I mean you see attractive people and can appreciate their good looking-ness, but this doesn't always translate into shagability. Eyes are the most important factor for me, followed by hair and body. I go for the tall, dark, rugged, muscular, handsome types with puppy eyes, and there aren't many of them around let me tell ya. I will argue the female sex drive thing until the cows come (home) but I do kind of agree syc, it takes a lot less (short skirt, slight wiggle) to make a man think of sex than it does the other way round (that over-zealous jumpy walk/stride thing does nothing for us). I'd just like to add that I think men are great and I'm in a very good mood today. :)

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 06:14 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by lumberjim
so young. so much to learn.
???

jaguar 06-15-2004 06:24 AM

5? 10? depends where I am.

glatt 06-15-2004 07:15 AM

In my office of about 500 people, there are maybe 20. So that's about 4%.

Silent 06-15-2004 07:47 AM

High tech industry, it's kinda thin.

10%? Maybe.

lumberjim 06-15-2004 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by sycamore

???

chicks think about sex just as much as men do. more in some cases. depends on the individual, but just because they don't talk about it with us as much as guys do, doesn't mean they aren't thinking about it.

Catwoman 06-15-2004 08:05 AM

Quote:

chicks think about sex just as much as men do. more in some cases. depends on the individual, but just because they don't talk about it with us as much as guys do, doesn't mean they aren't thinking about it.

What he said! :doit:

SteveDallas 06-15-2004 08:12 AM

I'll have to think about it, but I'm gonna probably say in the 10-15% range.

But, I'm curious why you ask, UT... idle curiosity? or....?

staceyv 06-15-2004 08:17 AM

5%

Undertoad 06-15-2004 08:39 AM

My girlfriend Jacquelita, who doesn't like the term "girlfriend", insisted on the phone that most men would respond with a really high number, that they'd hit just about anything that moves. I figured my own was 30-40% and that the majority of guys would be 50-60%.

Clodfobble 06-15-2004 08:40 AM

ok. let's hear it. braces? hunchbacks? stereotypical compugeeks? disfiguring acne? chubby chaser? biker? what?

Skinny computer dorks with glasses. :) That type that Catwoman mentioned? Yeah, they make me want to gag. She can have 'em.

Catwoman 06-15-2004 08:41 AM

Jacquelita, that's a lovely name. I think she's probably right.

Catwoman 06-15-2004 08:42 AM

Quote:

Skinny computer dorks with glasses. :) That type that Catwoman mentioned? Yeah, they make me want to gag. She can have 'em.
Seriously? Thanks hun! :)

Undertoad 06-15-2004 08:43 AM

It's not her real name though :)

lumberjim 06-15-2004 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Undertoad
My girlfriend Jacquelita, who doesn't like the term "girlfriend", insisted on the phone that most men would respond with a really high number, that they'd hit just about anything that moves. I figured my own was 30-40% and that the majority of guys would be 50-60%.
and then she was all like, " ok, you hang up first."
and then ut was all like, " no, you hang up first"
and then she was all like, " ok, i love you."
and ut was all like, " i love you more"
and she said,"no i love YOU more"
and ut said," i love you more, infinity"
and she was all like," i love you more infinity plus one."
and ut was all like,"i love you more infinity plus infinity"

you guys are so cute, yes you arrrre, so cute, oh my goodness.

Catwoman 06-15-2004 08:45 AM

Does that mean you're not really called Undertoad?

lumberjim 06-15-2004 08:49 AM

Quote:

this would be an excellent opportunity for me to single someone out and say,"hey, so and so, see? there are girls out there for you!"...but that just wouldn't be me

Undertoad 06-15-2004 09:06 AM

Someday LJ when you least expect it I will kick your ass most uncharacteristically. But the make-up sex will be intense.

lumberjim 06-15-2004 09:16 AM

well, that's just the thing. i always expect it. style with substance, my son. why do you think i have these razorblades glued to my thumbnails?

would jacquelita prefer the term, "ladyfriend?" it sounds much more distinguished.

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 09:28 AM

Quote:

chicks think about sex just as much as men do. more in some cases. depends on the individual
But as a whole, men think about sex more than women.

And note, I did say probably...left myself some room for error. :)

perth 06-15-2004 09:30 AM

In my entire building, there are exactly 2 women I find attractive. I'm not sure exactly how many people work in this building, but I suspect that it's gonna translate to less than 1%. I think that's probably just an odd coincidence. Couple years back when I was doing the same job at another site, the "hot chick" factor was much higher. I think the managers at this site just don't like attractive people. And yes, I know what I just implied.

lumberjim 06-15-2004 09:36 AM

ok, someone start the what percentage of people would want to bang YOU thread.

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 09:40 AM

No need...100%...not even an issue. ;)

Silent 06-15-2004 09:44 AM

Being a skinny computer geek w/glasses, at least one...

Undertoad 06-15-2004 09:47 AM

Jacquelita can't read the Cellar from her work but she reports that she believes a lot of you are strategically underestimating for reporting purposes.

lumberjim 06-15-2004 09:54 AM

what?

smoothmoniker 06-15-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

ok, someone start the what percentage of people would want to bang YOU thread.
Again, I live in Hollywood, so 90%

The downside is they're all guys.

-sm

Catwoman 06-15-2004 10:03 AM

200%, because they all want to f*ck me twice (would only last a few seconds the first time).

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 10:03 AM

Quote:

Jacquelita can't read the Cellar from her work but she reports that she believes a lot of you are strategically underestimating for reporting purposes.
I can't help it that I live in a city of ugly people. If I still lived in DC or St. Louis, my figure would probably jump to 40%.

BrianR 06-15-2004 10:27 AM

Quote:

Yet more evidence that you can never win an argument with a woman. ;)

SteveDallas 06-15-2004 12:16 PM

I'll stick with my original 10-15%, but that's just in terms of where I normally go (work, home, repeat). I freely admit it would be higher in a greater diversity of locations.

jaguar 06-15-2004 12:24 PM

Aw don't worry syc, you fit right in.

Quote:

200%, because they all want to f*ck me twice (would only last a few seconds the first time).
Self confidence is attractive =)

Lausanne varies massively, sometimes I'd say 20%, sometimes 1%, occasionally you see a truely incredible type wander past (as in the kind that give you whiplash you turn around so fast), usually on the arm of some antique millionaire.

breakingnews 06-15-2004 12:35 PM

my penis is like radar

Hey everyone - it's been a while.

Considering I started a new job about a month ago, I thought it would be appropriate to contribute to this thread.

People I see daily that I would fuck: 40%

People that would fuck me: I'm going with the law of averages, so 40% (or whatever percentage I write in the first line)

Since starting on May 10, I see at least one woman on each of my subway trips to/from work that totally turns me on. Sex? Surely.

I'm actually pretty selective when it comes to hooking up with girls ... I find myself avoiding hook-ups unless I'm a) totally wasted or b) pretty sure I'd want to hook up with her again, and possibly even date. Some of my friends, on the other hand, are just absolutely shameless when it comes to this.

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 01:28 PM

You're in NYC now, eh?

lumberjim 06-15-2004 01:45 PM

hey, welcome back, news. you didnt miss a thing

xoxoxoBruce 06-15-2004 03:41 PM

Quote:

my penis is like radar
Your penis is a libertarian?:haha:

warch 06-15-2004 03:51 PM

Gulp. Ok. Note I am sexually peaking and working on a huge college campus. Given no restrictions or barriers of any kind....77.99% :)

lumberjim 06-15-2004 03:52 PM

did you say peaking or PEEKING?

jaguar 06-15-2004 04:02 PM

Sounds like a fair bit of both.

Carbonated_Brains 06-15-2004 04:05 PM

I am contractually oblidged to take the number of girlfriend's I have (1) and divide by the number of people I see in a day, to get a final percentage.

This contract was coincidentally authored by the girlfriend mentioned prior.

I expect my answer is in the realm of 0.0016%.

jaguar 06-15-2004 04:07 PM

She has your balls by such a grip as to watch your cellar postings?
Christ I'd never let an SO near this place.

elSicomoro 06-15-2004 04:16 PM

I hope Rho sees this thread. :cool:

Clodfobble 06-15-2004 04:29 PM

Now wait a second, are we talking a percentage of all people you see or members of the gender you prefer you see?

Undertoad 06-15-2004 04:45 PM

Percentage of the members of the gender you prefer.

richlevy 06-15-2004 06:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Well, as you can see from my picture, I am NOT a skinny computer geek with glasses. I am so not skinny that I must be your ideal. I'll go talk to my wife and you can let me know when we can hook up.:D

Beestie 06-15-2004 06:12 PM

Quote:

65%

Quote:

Again, I live in Hollywood, so 90%

The downside is they're all guys.

These two stats, taken together, ... not that there's anything wrong with that :)

Speaking for myself, working in financial services, 7% on a good day.

plthijinx 06-15-2004 08:41 PM

i'd say about 75%, then again, i'm just a horny MF!!:D

wolf 06-15-2004 09:59 PM

About 5-10%. Mostly cops.

I see a lot of varieties of people in the course of my daily business. I do not consider any of them fuckable.

Well ... there may have been one patient in 12 years that I looked at and thought, "You know, if he wasn't as crazy as a shithouse rat, I might consider it."

So what if my interview went a little long. Didn't mean nothin' ...

Catwoman 06-16-2004 05:17 AM

rich was that directed at me or clodf? I certainly don't go for skinny types, like a bit of bulk ;)

Katkeeper 06-16-2004 06:48 AM

Let's see...

I live with 2 cats. I work alone. So zero. Except for the guy at the newstand who is beginning to look prety good.