The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Shit that annoys you... (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13254)

Madman 02-05-2007 08:18 PM

Shit that annoys you...

Cold weather... with NO relief in site.

People that spell "ALOT" as one word.

McDonalds... yuk

Mike Tyson

Michael Jackson

Trilby 02-05-2007 08:28 PM

plumbing

a car that won't start

PEOPLE WHO DO NOT CHANGE THE TP ROLL!

Quizno's

commericials

People who say "irregardless" and "eXspecially"

DucksNuts 02-05-2007 08:54 PM

Alot of stuff shits me today :)

Cloud 02-05-2007 08:59 PM

clerks who ask, "Did you find everything okay?" without any intention of helping you out if you say no.

rigcranop 02-05-2007 09:03 PM

Lazy co-workers.
Assholes driving little imports WAY too fast.
Lack of common courtesy.

Ibby 02-05-2007 09:13 PM

People. All of you motherfuckers.

Urbane Guerrilla 02-05-2007 09:24 PM

Especially the incestuous ones, I suppose.

That and writers who can't distinguish one homonym from another... verbally, they've wrought rot.

monster 02-05-2007 09:45 PM

I find the shit that dangles because of some inadvertently ingested hair particularly annoying.

Trilby 02-05-2007 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urbane Guerrilla (Post 313180)
That and writers who can't distinguish one homonym from another... verbally, they've wrought rot.

You are Mr. Language Person!

Hoof Hearted 02-05-2007 10:13 PM

Diarrhea...because you can never get away from the bathroom!

Crimson Ghost 02-06-2007 01:10 AM

1. Those kamikaze perfume women in the stores.
"You spray me with that, and I'm punching you in the tit."

2. People who wait until their groceries are completely scanned and bagged and THEN decide to whip out the checkbook. And to add insult to injury, they say "Oh, I was going to pay by check anyway. I just wanted to know how much. Who do I make the check out to?"
HEY COCKSUCKER!!! You knew you were paying by check, so fill the fucking thing out BEFORE you get to the register! And who to make it out to? The El Segundo Wine and Liqueur Exchange? Nooooo. ShopRite, you shitwit.

3. Assholes who take 10 minutes to decide what to get a McDonalds.
The menu is the same as it was yesterday. Decide already.
"I'll have the lobster bisque, a blackened catfish fillet sandwich, and a Rum & Coke."

4. There is a price on the item. That is the price.
"Excuse me, the price tag says $10. Is that the price?"
"Whadda think, toots?"

5. "Hey, your phone line was busy. Were you using it?"
"No, asshole. Tarzan needed something to swing from..."

6. "Excuse me, are you on line for the ATM?"
"No ma'am, I'm just waiting here for the stimulating conversation."

7. ATM service fees. ATM means Ass-To-Mouth.
They shove their dicks in your ass, and then force you to clean the shit covered dick with your tongue and expect you to smile for the chance.

8. Women who wear the skimpiest clothes possible, and then call you a pervert when you look. If you didn't want people to look, then why draw attention to yourself?

9. Poseur goth shitheads. "Oh. life is so horrid, I must wear black and be a miserable self-centered ass." Go ahead, ya schmuck. You want to off yourself, feel free to do so. All you're doing is keeping me employed.

10. Smug salesmen. "I'm sorry sir, we don't have that shirt in your size. These are more for slimmer fit people." Fuck you, asshole. I'm not the one working a minimum-wage paying slow death.

DucksNuts 02-06-2007 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crimson Ghost (Post 313226)
1. Those kamikaze perfume women in the stores.
"You spray me with that, and I'm punching you in the tit."

hahaha, that caught me by surprise

Aliantha 02-06-2007 05:16 AM

When people leave skid marks on my freshly cleaned toilet.

Shitheads who drive slowly in the passing lane.

Shaving whiskers in my bathroom basin.

Stink farts in bed.

People who behave as if they're superior to others.

some fuckwits online.

rkzenrage 02-06-2007 09:18 AM

Right now, people who, in a discussion, refuse to clearly answer a direct question.
If you don't know, "I don't know" is an answer. So is, "I was wrong". I say both all the time... it is cathartic.
What people tend to so these days is the equivalent of "look over here!", makes them look crazy.

Sheldonrs 02-06-2007 09:38 AM

"Carnys..you know, circus folk." ;-)

And my annoyance du jour... People who think I want to hear their phone conversation on the bus to work. If the person can't hear you then wait until you get off the fucking bus to talk. I REALLY don't care to know what your "friend" did last night under the influence of whatever narcotic they had.

glatt 02-06-2007 09:51 AM

Having a shirt with a stiff tag in the neck. It's scratchy.

Elspode 02-06-2007 09:54 AM

Going to a Target/WalMart that has thirty checkout aisles, five of which are actually open.

Shawnee123 02-06-2007 10:10 AM

People who get off by being mean, insensitive, pompous, unyielding...ok, in general...people.

Today's unnecessary product packaging (have you bought a curling iron lately?) :)

People who say "anyways."

Who said lazy coworkers? I second that.

The idea that life must be violent, we must live guarded and afraid to be human (yeah, I know that is just the way it is...it just annoys me.)

rkzenrage 02-06-2007 10:21 AM

Yeah, "anyways", "proactive" and, the big one "irregardless". Use that last one and be forever an idiot in my eyes.

Spexxvet 02-06-2007 10:49 AM

People who go shopping within a half-hour of store closing. The employees have a life, they'd like to close at the posted closing time, not wait another half-hour until you've decided which package of ground beef you want.

People who think laws and rules don't apply to them. That includes waiting in line, stopping at stop signs, demanding service during lunch, etc.

rkzenrage 02-06-2007 11:04 AM

Also goes for walking into a restaurant a half-hour before closing with a large party.

Cloud 02-06-2007 12:02 PM

people who don't park parallel between parking spaces; or take up 2 parking spaces

Cloud 02-06-2007 12:40 PM

credit card offers and other shitemail that say "Please do not discard" on the envelope. What am I supposed to do, wallpaper my bathroom with it?

Kitsune 02-06-2007 12:45 PM

Inappropriate use or lack of apostrophe's.

Cloud 02-06-2007 12:51 PM

is that sarcasm, Ms. Kitsune?

monster 02-06-2007 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 313293)
Having a shirt with a stiff tag in the neck. It's scratchy.

scissors.

Phil 02-06-2007 02:21 PM

people who spell SIGHT as SITE.

people who say OF instead of HAVE.

glatt 02-06-2007 02:21 PM

Getting a small stone or a piece of mulch in your shoe. Especially if the pebble has sharp corners.

Clodfobble 02-06-2007 02:30 PM

Remodeling contractors who don't freaking show up when they say they will.:angry:

Pie 02-06-2007 02:45 PM

Raytheon.

Phil 02-06-2007 02:46 PM

that little stick of toenail that digs in to the toe next to it.

Spexxvet 02-06-2007 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil (Post 313374)
people who spell SIGHT as SITE.

People who spell CITE as SITE.

Spexxvet 02-06-2007 03:25 PM

People who that because you have opinions that differ from theirs, you are stupid, afraid, wrong, or mentally difficient in some other way.

Aliantha 02-06-2007 06:42 PM

I'm with you on that one Spex!

Kingswood 02-06-2007 06:59 PM

Idiots on the road who speed up out of my blind spot, cut me off in traffic, then make a turn 100 metres later. Totally pointless.

Bank fees.

Companies that prostitute all your confidential, personal details to whomever they choose for their own profit. Even more annoying is when they don't tell you who they gave your details to because it's confidential.

Shit that takes half a roll to wipe clean.

The prime minister. He must have a diamond doorknob and millions of minions that can only say "pretty, pretty, shiny, shiny".

lumberjim 02-06-2007 07:25 PM

this

Lucy 02-06-2007 07:46 PM

Damn you all to hell, lumberjim. How long will it take for that little ditty to leave my brain???

Kitsune 02-06-2007 07:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Chevy Tahoe chassises with penis compensation package add on.

SteveDallas 02-06-2007 08:16 PM

Justin Timberlake.

I know, it's petty of me... but let's just look at who this guy has hooked up with:
  • Britney Spears
  • Alyssa Milano
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Jessica Biel
  • Scarlett Johansson

lumberjim 02-06-2007 09:46 PM

he has redeemed all affronts with this, however:

LabRat 02-07-2007 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 313441)
Justin Timberlake.

I know, it's petty of me... but let's just look at who this guy has hooked up with:

But, look who he hasn't: (that I know of)

*Brianna
*Sundae Girl
*Wolf
*Jinx
*Me

:D

Sundae 02-07-2007 09:00 AM

Justin did try to hook up with me, but I was doing an inventory of my health & beauty shelf.

What annoys me? Stupid people mainly. Specifically today, stupid old women in the health food shop:

SOW#1 - They say it's going to snow tomorrow you know
SOW#2 - Oh you are a ray of sunshine, what do you want to say that for?
SOW#1 - No, they said it on the telly, going to snow tomorrow
SOW#2 - Better make sure you've stocked up then
SOW#1 - Oh yes, that's what I've come in for - sugar and prunes. My canister is nearly full but I thought if it's going to snow I better stock up. But they've run out!
SOW#2 - Run out?
SOW#1 - Of prunes dear, they've run out. Probably because it's been on the telly that it's going to snow.

Argh.

glatt 02-07-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sundae Girl (Post 313540)
SOW#1 - Oh yes, that's what I've come in for - sugar and prunes. My canister is nearly full but I thought if it's going to snow I better stock up. But they've run out!
SOW#2 - Run out?
SOW#1 - Of prunes dear, they've run out. Probably because it's been on the telly that it's going to snow.

Argh.

:lol: I always run out to stock up on prunes when it's going to snow.

Cloud 02-07-2007 10:19 AM

LOL! maybe it's a better idea to stock up on toilet paper!

skysidhe 02-07-2007 10:52 AM

funny you should ask. Re: shit that annoys me. I just found a pic that sums it up quite nicely.

http://www.stumbleupon.com/mainpics/149539.jpg

Spexxvet 02-07-2007 11:06 AM

People who stop a microwave before it's done, and don't reset the time. You look to see what time it is, and the clock says 0:45

Cloud 02-07-2007 11:33 AM

--People who enjoy arguing for argument's sake; and

--People whose primary argument on all subjects is, "The Bible says . . . "

Sheldonrs 02-07-2007 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 313585)
--People who enjoy arguing for argument's sake; and

--People whose primary argument on all subjects is, "The Bible says . . . "

Amen!

Shawnee123 02-07-2007 12:00 PM

OMG am I the only person on earth who thinks Justin Timberlake is creepy and not even bordering on attractive. He looks like the kind of guy who would hang out in this bar uptown that attracts some questionable humans. I mean, I question that they're human.

And Sheldon, you're too funny.

Yes, Justin Timberlake tops my list of annoyances. Brought sexy back my ass. :)

Elspode 02-07-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveDallas (Post 313441)
Justin Timberlake.

• Britney Spears
  • Alyssa Milano
  • Cameron Diaz
  • Jessica Biel
  • Scarlett Johansson

I would do all of those women...but I would put tape over Britney's mouth.

Sheldonrs 02-07-2007 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 313604)
I would do all of those women...but I would put tape over Britney's mouth.

I've seen the pics. Those are not the lips you need to worry about! lol!!

xoxoxoBruce 02-07-2007 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 313593)
OMG am I the only person on earth who thinks Justin Timberlake is creepy and not even bordering on attractive. He looks like the kind of guy who would hang out in this bar uptown that attracts some questionable humans. I mean, I question that they're human.

He's a low rent lounge lizard. The Bill Murry, SNL, roadhouse singer.:zzz:

Shawnee123 02-07-2007 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 313628)
He's a low rent lounge lizard. The Bill Murry, SNL, roadhouse singer.:zzz:

LOL..."Star wars, if we could bar wars, please let these star wars....stay."

BigV 02-07-2007 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 313381)
Raytheon.

You find bugging annoying?

BigV 02-07-2007 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingswood (Post 313419)
--snip--

Bank fees.

--snip--

Please. Get your ass to the local credit union immediately. Any credit union. Here in the upper left hand corner, the membership rules are extremely lax. You can find one, and "pay yourself" those fees.

SteveDallas 02-07-2007 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 313385)
People who spell CITE as SITE.

I missed this one! One time somebody wrote to me that something I had written in an email was "inciteful." My first thought was, oh, brother. My second thought was, hey, maybe it should be a real word. "The mayor's speech was so inciteful that the crowd rioted."

xoxoxoBruce 02-07-2007 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 313633)
Please. Get your ass to the local credit union immediately. Any credit union. Here in the upper left hand corner, the membership rules are extremely lax. You can find one, and "pay yourself" those fees.

My credit union requires, (which is the legal requirement) that you live, work or pray in this county. Walk in and pray for an account.

I have noticed, however, the credit unions with new laws and expanded territory, are starting to act more like banks than they used to. :(

Cloud 02-07-2007 07:47 PM

hard to use online tv listing pages

bluecuracao 02-07-2007 07:59 PM

- Dry contact lenses
- Drivers who think the red light means 'floor it'
- Sub-freezing temperatures with no snow
- Sidewalk pissers :greenface

Kingswood 02-07-2007 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 313633)

I did - a long time ago.

The trouble is, once banks started charging fees, many other places started doing the same. Including some credit unions.

And the most annoying thing is that you can't charge the banks fees when THEY stuff up. Oh would I love to slap the bank a $40 fee every time they make a mistake like depositing the cheque in the wrong account!

The fee schedule I would like to see:
Bank deposits cheque in wrong account ... $40 (if details were correct on deposit slip)
Cheque bounces because bank deposited cheque in wrong account ... $100 (if details were correct on deposit slip)
Document handling fee for promotional brochures received in mail ... $5 per page ($10 minimum)
Bank places your information on a mailing list ... $30 listing fee
Bank sells your personal information to a third party ... $10 disclosure fee

I think Americans have a good term for what bank fees are like - "nickled and dimed".