The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Armed America (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13203)

xoxoxoBruce 01-29-2007 04:00 AM

Armed America

Armed America has some interesting pictures. ;)

DucksNuts 01-29-2007 04:37 AM

Hey

Wheres wolf?

umm....i mean, she hasnt been on lately? or am I just visiting the wrong threads?>

Clodfobble 01-29-2007 10:37 AM

She's been taking care of her mom for several months now, and I think that's taking a lot of her attention.

jinx 01-29-2007 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DucksNuts (Post 311196)
Hey

Wheres wolf?

I dont see Wolf, but there's Maggie in the second picture...

Elspode 01-29-2007 12:47 PM

Wow. Is that a coincidence, Bruce, or were you just wanting to surprise us?

rkzenrage 01-29-2007 01:11 PM

Great site, well done and great stories. I identify with many of them. I may write em'. I don't see any disabled represented.

DucksNuts 01-29-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 311262)
I dont see Wolf, but there's Maggie in the second picture...

I thought that was Maggie, which then made me think of Wolf and I hadnt seen her post in a while.

monster 01-29-2007 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rkzenrage (Post 311313)
Great site, well done and great stories. I identify with many of them. I may write em'. I don't see any disabled represented.

There was an older guy with no vocal chords who felt that he couldn't physically defend himself and couldn't shout for help -not wheelchair-bound, I know, but still someone who armed himself because of his physical disability.

rkzenrage 01-29-2007 05:15 PM

I have always been armed, has nothing to do with my disability.
I see your point and went back and saw him. You are right. I was talking about being in a chair.

monster 01-29-2007 05:18 PM

Didn't mean to imply anything about your decision to be armed, sorry --more that this guy considers himself disabled to some extent even though he's not in a chair.

rkzenrage 01-29-2007 05:20 PM

I actually carry a tazer because of it. I don't conceal carry any more, my wife has gotten weird about it since my son hit three.
I did not think you implied anything.

monster 01-29-2007 05:24 PM

Since my son turned 5, I think I should start carrying a tazer! :eek: :lol:

rkzenrage 01-29-2007 06:07 PM

Dang.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...bs/HellKat.jpg

be-bop 01-29-2007 06:50 PM

Not having any experience with guns and being on the wrong side of the pond i found those pictures disturbing,but hey what do i know.

wolf 01-29-2007 10:12 PM

Hello, all. Still around, have hit a rough patch with my mom, lots of extra doctor visits lately, as there are now some blood sugar fluctuations and now wound healing problems. Riding herd on her is a full time job in addition to my regular, paid gig.

This looks like a very cool project, unfortunately, my home isn't sufficiently presentable to participate right now.

monster 01-29-2007 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 311486)
unfortunately, my home isn't sufficiently presentable to participate right now.

Go Outdoors! :)

Sorry to hear it's rough with your mom, right now. Kudos for hanging in there.

Griff 01-30-2007 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 311486)
Hello, all. Still around, have hit a rough patch with my mom, lots of extra doctor visits lately, as there are now some blood sugar fluctuations and now wound healing problems. Riding herd on her is a full time job in addition to my regular, paid gig.

I'm sorry to hear that. Keep your chin up lady.

cowhead 01-30-2007 12:06 PM

uh okay...

xoxoxoBruce 01-30-2007 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 311303)
Wow. Is that a coincidence, Bruce, or were you just wanting to surprise us?

Yes.:angel:

Mixie 01-30-2007 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by be-bop (Post 311451)
Not having any experience with guns and being on the wrong side of the pond i found those pictures disturbing,but hey what do i know.

Well, I'm right there on the other side of the pond with ya, sharing the opinion. Maybe it's an American thing? ;)

Hippikos 01-31-2007 03:57 AM

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/...an/dan2400.jpg

"Dan: I consider the ownership of arms not only a right, but the duty of a free people to themselves and future generations."

Does he expect an invasion of the Bodysnatchers?

glatt 01-31-2007 08:21 AM

When I hold you,
in my arms,
and I feel my finger on your trigger,
I know nobody can do me no harm,
because happiness is a warm gun.

Shawnee123 01-31-2007 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mixie (Post 311745)
Well, I'm right there on the other side of the pond with ya, sharing the opinion. Maybe it's an American thing? ;)

I'm on this side of the pond, and I share your opinion. :earth:

Quote:

When I hold you,
in my arms,
and I feel my finger on your trigger,
I know nobody can do me no harm,
because happiness is a warm gun
But why did I find that slightly erotic?:eek:

footfootfoot 01-31-2007 08:42 AM

Good to see that the first chakra is alive and well.

Elspode 01-31-2007 01:15 PM

While I admire and even envy that gent's collection of firearms, I have to wonder why he's got a pile of small pizza place boxes stacked in the corner.

Shawnee123 01-31-2007 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspode (Post 311868)
While I admire and even envy that gent's collection of firearms, I have to wonder why he's got a pile of small pizza place boxes stacked in the corner.

That's where he keeps his collection of teeth that he has ripped from his victim's heads?

monster 01-31-2007 03:58 PM

Quote:

That pic is taken from the webcam in his bunker -he's all holed up for WW3 and he ain't coming out until the radiation clears..... or until his mom threatens to shut off his internet access

MaggieL 01-31-2007 04:13 PM

Hoplophobia so thick you can cut it with a knife...

All over six handguns (three of which appear to be .22 target pistols), two AR-16s, a bolt action rifle and a shotgun. A veritable arsenal.

Flint 01-31-2007 04:17 PM

Really, it's only the amount of guns you'd need for five people to hold a gun in each hand, or for one guy with ten arms.
But judging from the pizza supply, it's probaby for ten people each to have their own gun. Nothing strange about that.

glatt 01-31-2007 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 311906)

I hope you are referring at least in part to me. I put those song lyrics in there mostly for you. I'll see your "hoplophobia" label (that's a good one) and raise you a "gun nut."

monster 01-31-2007 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 311906)

Quote:

Originally Posted by wikipedia
"the most common manifestation of hoplophobia is the idea that instruments possess a will of their own, apart from that of their user".

So you're saying he's got the Pizza because he thinks his guns may get hungry? :eyebrow:

Aliantha 01-31-2007 05:52 PM

lol...nice one Monster. Even more so because you've got the context exactly right.

My father has a fairly extensive gun collection, most of which are maintained and ready for use.

I don't think it's the fact that he's got the guns that matters so much as that he looks like a freak. That's just my opinion though.

Spexxvet 01-31-2007 05:58 PM

I wonder how many of those folks have shot someone to death. Certainly not Maggie. There's not a scenario I could think of that would cause her to shoot - at least not that she'd admit to in the Cellar.:right: Cartainly are alot of guns for not killin'.

Aliantha 01-31-2007 05:59 PM

Well I've shot things to death before, but not humans. :) Rabbits, snakes, Roos and foxes, oh and feril pigs.

Aliantha 01-31-2007 06:00 PM

I also killed a toad with a brick yesterday. It sucked because its guts came out of it's mouth and splattered my leg.

Very disgusting.

Spexxvet 01-31-2007 06:07 PM

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/...-val/smav3.jpg

Is that guy really wearing a skirt with knee-high socks? :eek:

Aliantha 01-31-2007 06:08 PM

Oh look, it's another fucking weirdo!

(Could be UG though. Looks a lot like a black kilt lol)

MaggieL 01-31-2007 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 311931)
I wonder how many of those folks have shot someone to death. Certainly not Maggie. There's not a scenario I could think of that would cause her to shoot - at least not that she'd admit to in the Cellar.

Still lying about that? Amazing. The evidence is clear. Now go read the Justification law.

MaggieL 01-31-2007 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 311913)
So you're saying he's got the Pizza because he thinks his guns may get hungry? :eyebrow:

No.

The hoplophobes I referred to clearly are not in any of the pictures.

xoxoxoBruce 01-31-2007 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 311938)
Is that guy really wearing a skirt with knee-high socks? :eek:

Hey, don't be ragging on my homey's kilt and hose. And before you start, no, it's not a purse it's a sporran. :p

Oh, and the cat needed killin'.

rkzenrage 02-01-2007 01:19 AM

Quote:

Those are rounds.

Hagar 02-01-2007 02:37 AM

I really don't get the whole gun culture. I don't know anyone who openly admits to owning a gun. I have over 200 regular customers, countless irregular customers and dozens of friends and acquaintances, and guns just don't get a mention. You can go around all day in Brisbane and you might see a cop with a sidearm if you looked for it.

Sure, we played with air rifles as kids, and my dad used to shoot rabbits in the bush as a kid, but the .22 he had was gone long before I came along.

I know it's in your Constitution, but why does that guy need ten guns?

It's scary.

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2007 04:07 AM

I also go for days on end and never see a gun. You have the wrong impression, Hagar. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not as visible as you seem to assume. ;)

Hagar 02-01-2007 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 312016)
I also go for days on end and never see a gun. You have the wrong impression, Hagar. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not as visible as you seem to assume. ;)

You could be right. The impression I have is that gun ownership is so exalted, almost a rite of passage, and that it it really is a "right" to own a gun, necessity doesn't enter into it. I get this from the web and TV - I've never been to the USA, so it is all second hand.

I don't doubt that there are guns out there (over here), but our gun ownership laws are so different: if they're there, you don't see them. I can't ever imagine seeing a website like "Armed Australia" (sure 'nuf there probably is one).

It's not that I want to come over all "Michael Moore" at you, it is that I see the attitude toward guns as the single biggest difference between Australian and United States cultures. And, as far as differences go, its a whopper.

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2007 05:45 AM

Michael Moore? Not at all, I commented because I see foreigners on the net seem to have a distorted picture of the US from TV, Hollywood, and the rabidness? ... rabidinity? ..... conviction, many of us show on the subject.:)

monster 02-01-2007 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 312024)
Michael Moore? Not at all, I commented because I see foreigners on the net seem to have a distorted picture of the US from TV, Hollywood, and the rabidness? ... rabidinity? ..... conviction, many of us show on the subject.:)

I find guns far more prevalent here than I expected them to be (I'm a Brit in a very liberal city in the US). I did not expect them to be on sale in Walmart. I try not to allow irrational fear into it, although most of the people I meet who are "enthusiastic" gun owners are the ones I'd least like to let near a firearm. I should probably just stop going in Walmart. When you're brought up that guns are more taboo than vibrators for men, it takes some getting used to.

My main fear is of children accidentally getting hold of them and playing with them, and frankly -having lived in Birmingham UK (which had quite a few shootings in the time I was there), I don't see any more incidents of that here -where because guns are legal, decent security cabinets are readily available and pruchased by the responsible- than I did there -where the gun owners are the irresponsible-type who would not buy a cabinet even if their gun was legit.

That said, the illegal killing with guns thing in the UK isn't any worse than it is here, in my experience, and the people who are getting killed are usually more bad guys. There might be more deaths if guns were more readily available, simply because of how crowded it is there compared to here. It's a small island with a lot of people on it. Living on a remote farm there just means you can't hear the people iin the next farm having sex. So many people in such a small space and with a completely different culture means that comparing gun law here to gun law in the UK is comparing apples and oranges.

And guns are not completely illegal in the UK, just a lot harder to get and more control on the types available. There seems to be a misconception that "gun control" means outlawing firearms altogether, and that guns are not allowed at all in the UK/Europe. Statements like "if your government allows you" just betray ignorance. If the people wanted guns, they'd have them. The UK is a democracy too. And in a smaller country, it's harder for the government to be remote from the people. Watch Prime Minister's Question time if you want to see how a people can ensure their government listens to them. Oh dear, I'm off on a tangent. But the UK don't have guns because they don't want them. It works for them, so why criticize?

I quite fancy learning to shoot targets. But I don't want to own a gun. I don't fear intruders/muggers etc. Such a fear would be irrational given where I live and where I go. Ask me again when I move elsewhere or all law and order breaks down.

Spexxvet 02-01-2007 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 311987)
...Oh, and the cat needed killin'.

I didn't notice the cat. Lucky it wasn't packing.

Hippikos 02-01-2007 08:03 AM

Quote:

Oh, and the cat needed killin'.
Can't you see the poor thing's begging for mercy?
Quote:

I also go for days on end and never see a gun. You have the wrong impression, Hagar. That doesn't mean they're not out there, just not as visible as you seem to assume.
Them 200 Mio must be somewhere? Maybe they only use it for gun fetishist calenders?

http://www.moviebadgirls.com/gaguk2i...k205563783.jpg

Undertoad 02-01-2007 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 312031)
I quite fancy learning to shoot targets. But I don't want to own a gun.

If you have a friend who target shoots, they are usually overwhelmingly happy to take you to a range, lend you a shooty thing, and help you learn the basics.

I recommend it, it is highly informative just to go at least once.

Spexxvet 02-01-2007 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaggieL (Post 311940)
Still lying about that? Amazing. The evidence is clear. Now go read the Justification law.

Lying? Lying?! Maggie, you like to present yourself as tough – insinuating that collectivists are weak and anti-gun people are afraid of guns. Yet you don’t have the courage to come right out and say that in a specific situation you would shoot someone with the intention of killing them. “I obey the justification law” goes right up there with “that depends what your definition of “is” is”, and “I voted for the war before I voted against the war”. It’s a weaselly answer. Cite the post where you admitted that you would shoot someone. Until then, you’re just a wanna-be and a poser.

Hippikos 02-01-2007 09:19 AM

Another interesting pic, if you look more closely. Blood stains on the cushion and target practizing in the back. I think I'll give CSI a call...

http://www.availabledark.com/~ratty/...ald-judy-5.jpg

"One of my first memories is learning to shoot a gun in my backyard." How old was she? Must have been 3-5 years? Shooting a gun at that age?

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2007 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 312031)
And guns are not completely illegal in the UK, just a lot harder to get and more control on the types available. There seems to be a misconception that "gun control" means outlawing firearms altogether, and that guns are not allowed at all in the UK/Europe. Statements like "if your government allows you" just betray ignorance.

Statements like that stem from news items where people defended themselves only to harassed and prosecuted by the authorities. First with guns and then other implements.

They think we have the OK corral going on every day and we think they are required by law not to defend themselves. The misconceptions go both ways. :D

monster 02-01-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 312214)
Statements like that stem from news items where people defended themselves only to harassed and prosecuted by the authorities. First with guns and then other implements.

They think we have the OK corral going on every day and we think they are required by law not to defend themselves. The misconceptions go both ways. :D

Who thinks you have the OK Corral going on? I was one of them, remember? Brits have a tendency to think that what we see in the movies and on TV is "just Hollywood". Deep down we believe America is not really so different from the UK -hey we almost speak the same language -how could it be? Then we get here and find it isn't all make-believe, and that's why we sometimes suffer from culture shock more than our different-language speaking neighbors -we don't expect it to be so foreign! Ask any Brit expat. Very few Brits believe deep-down that average American citizens actually have guns in the house, just as we don't realize that steam really does billow from ironworks in the city streets or that the ET halloween scene is not terribly far-fetched. Our press may try and make us think that it's all Dodge City, but we don't believe them, either :lol:

Scopulus Argentarius 02-01-2007 10:43 PM

Pictures are nice...noticed lots of Dogs and only a couple of cats featured in the group of pix...

Lotsa Gun people are Dog people (goes back to hunting I 'spose)

Urbane Guerrilla 02-01-2007 10:44 PM

I may or may not stick my shovel in here. You ask me, the quotes in the captions have a slightly defensive overall tone that I don't think should be there. The gun people are the antigenocide people, and anyone caught demanding an apology for that deserves drowning in a sheep-dip.

Meanwhile, speaking of O.K. Corral, who else saw the recent Bizarro comic on "Shootout at the O.K. Chorale?"... "I don't like your tone, Mister."

rkzenrage 02-01-2007 11:19 PM

I'm getting rid of my guns...
"Back away fuckers... I've got a loaded light-bright & I'm not afraid to use it!"

Aliantha 02-01-2007 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 312024)

Perhaps some of what you might view to be distorted has become that way because of the conversations that go on over the net.

I for one realize quite plainly that what you see on tv isn't true. I also realize that the media 'distorts' every story to suit themselves, whatever the motivation is. My views about gun culture in the US largely stem from online discussions on the subject which has only led me to believe that in some ways, the 'distorted' view portrayed by the media overall is not as distorted with regard to guns as it is for other issues.

I think Hagar's sentiments would be quite aptly applied to the views of most mainstream Aussies.

Urbane Guerrilla 02-02-2007 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 311818)
But why did I find that slightly erotic?:eek:

Don't fret it, Shawnee; there is an undeniable sensual pleasure in watching the machinery work. A firearm is an engine, and a well crafted one.

Aliantha 02-02-2007 09:45 PM

You have a gun fetish UG? Very interesting...

Urbane Guerrilla 02-02-2007 09:58 PM

:p