The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Philosophy (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sexual Imorality (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=27105)

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:17 PM

Sexual Imorality

At what point is sex a sin?? If you are single and never been married is it ok to have sex?? Or is Sex a special thing reserved for marriage. Me personally I don't plan on getting married, never have never will. So dose that mean I can never have sex?? Or Am I just DOOMED to masturbate my life away?? Honestly I've tried it a few times and I don't really feel a need to do it. An I have written and said a few things about it that may be controversial. SO whats YOUR opinion. Is SEX necessary?

qcc??

Sundae 03-26-2012 01:27 PM

Masturbating was considered for a long time the sin of Onan.
Whereas in reality the sin of Onan was the withdrawl method.
Or, more literally, not ejaculating inside your brother's widow when God had specifically told you to.

It happens more often than you might think.

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:34 PM

Your "beating around the bush" and not addressing my question... maybe your just being sarcastic. Me personally I don't think sex is necessary though I might try it a few more times to see if I really like it or not.

Ibby 03-26-2012 01:39 PM

Not everybody wants or needs sex. I know a few asexuals. I don't understand it, at all, but if it doesn't push your buttons it doesn't push your buttons. If it does, by all means go for it. I don't see how sex can ever be a bad thing as long as all parties involved engage in it consensually and everyone is on the same page about what it means and what they want from the experience.

Clodfobble 03-26-2012 01:44 PM

And as long as birth control is strictly adhered to, preferably multiple methods at the same time.

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 01:48 PM

I was about 7 when I first heard this song.. There's a place in france where the naked ladies dance there's a hole in the wall where the men can see it all but the men don't care cause there in there underwear...

Trilby 03-26-2012 04:24 PM

JBK-expand your horizons: post in Nothingland once in a while.

HungLikeJesus 03-26-2012 04:58 PM

I thought it went:

There's a place in France
Where the alligators dance...

I didn't know that there were any naked ladies involved.

Gravdigr 03-26-2012 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 803798)
At what point is sex a sin??

If you ain't trying to make babies, you're going to hell.

:neutral:

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 05:30 PM

Quote:

If you ain't trying to make babies, you're going to hell.
Really?? Even if you are married?? Where do you get your information from....

JBKlyde 03-26-2012 05:59 PM

this is the biggest joke I've ever seen... and it's not funny it's ridiculousness gone wild...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBz8p...ature=youtu.be

ZenGum 03-26-2012 07:14 PM

A lot of western religions are very negative about sex, but I'm pretty negative about a lot of western religions.

Non-religious people generally think that sex is a normal healthy part of being human. It causes certain pleasurable brain chemicals to be released, and in cases of ongoing relationships, the mutual pleasure is very important in reinforcing the pair bond. It is good for your emotional, mental and physical health.

Non-religious people generally think sex is fine, or even very good, provided that everyone involved is a consenting competent adult. There is nothing at all immoral about two (or more :D ) people doing something they like together.

In a lot of cases, people (especially males) with mental illnesses experience low or zero sexual urges. It just doesn't come up (hehehe). So, JB, if you're not feeling the urge, don't worry. Carry on with life.

Seriously, do some painting. Make model airplanes. if you can, go play with a puppy.

sexobon 03-26-2012 08:49 PM

Quote:

... Is SEX necessary?

Without it I'd be just an obon.

Ibby 03-26-2012 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 803920)
if you can, go play with a puppy.

*grimace*

ZenGum 03-26-2012 09:57 PM

In a NICE way! :lol: :p:

footfootfoot 03-26-2012 11:00 PM

Quote:

At what point is sex a sin?

A guy from the Bronx has an incredibly debauched weekend, he is pretty much wasted from Friday afternoon up till Sunday morning when he goes to church to confession. As he's sitting there in the confessional, he is trying to piece together the lewd and lascivious events of the weekend in order to make a full confession. There are certainly some blank patches but what he does remember gets him a penance that he'd need to take a few weeks off work to perform. He spends the rest of the day with a hangover beginning his penance for his wanton, lust filled weekend.

The next morning on his way to work, the guy is wondering if maybe his local parish priest might have been a little overboard with the penance. He decides to duck into a small church in the East Village to confess his sins again. He recounts his weekend to the priest. The priest is quiet for a few moments and tells him, "God is forgiving. Say three Hail Marys, and put 10 bucks in the poor box." Surprised and a bit puzzled the guy tells the priest that he confessed the esact same sins to his priest in the Bronx and was given a penance of outrageous magnitude.

The priest nods knowingly and then says, "Ahhh, what do they know about fancy fucking up in the Bronx?"

Gravdigr 03-28-2012 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 803863)
Really?? Even if you are married?? Where do you get your information from....

K-Mart.

UncaDollas 04-22-2012 01:23 AM

Dagney 04-22-2012 11:10 AM

Quote:

At what point is sex a sin?? If you are single and never been married is it ok to have sex?? Or is Sex a special thing reserved for marriage. Me personally I don't plan on getting married, never have never will. So dose that mean I can never have sex?? Or Am I just DOOMED to masturbate my life away?? Honestly I've tried it a few times and I don't really feel a need to do it. An I have written and said a few things about it that may be controversial. SO whats YOUR opinion. Is SEX necessary?

qcc??

I gather from what I've read of your posts that you're a fairly conservative Christian person - so I'd have to say - your doctrine defines this point pretty clearly. Paul said in 1 Cor 7:9 - But if they can't control themselves, they should go ahead and marry. It's better to marry than to burn with lust., and then in 1 Thessalonians 4:4 that each of you should learn to control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable.

Basically sex is reserved for the sanctity of marriage (according to the Christian faith), and anything done outside of marriage, is a sin. Old Testament teachings indicate that masturbation is also a sin, because it 'spills the seed' of Man on the ground, eliminating the source of life. (Although there is debate as to whether or not those laws still apply now that Jesus has been here).

Personally - I don't believe that what I do in my bedroom is governed by G-d - nor His followers. I'm comfortable with my life, how I've lived it, and where I am now. In order to be comfortable with yourself, you have to reconcile your actions with your beliefs. If you strive to live the Word - no sex for you. If you believe it's an interpretation - well, time to interpret.

Blueflare 04-22-2012 11:40 AM

I'd like to know what exactly it is in the human mind that makes so many organised religions so uptight about sex, and intent on controlling it.

DanaC 04-22-2012 11:42 AM

Control sex and you control the reproductive future of the faithful.

Ibby 04-22-2012 04:33 PM

Control sex and you control more than their reproductive future - you control their conscience and their self-worth. If you make sex a moral issue, then - since almost everybody is driven to some degree or another by sexual urges - you give yourself that much more of a hand in controlling their lives.

I think the only common thread between the world's religions - the unifying factor - is that they are ways to organize and control human action, and controlling sex is the number one way to control everything else humans do.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 06:14 PM

Quote:

they are ways to organize and control human action
I think most are just trying to get people to control themselves..

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 06:19 PM

Life by the Spirit

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh[a]; rather, serve one another humbly in love. 14 For the entire law is fulfilled in keeping this one command: “Love your neighbor as yourself.”[b] 15 If you bite and devour each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.
16 So I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh. 17 For the flesh desires what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are in conflict with each other, so that you are not to do whatever[c] you want. 18 But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the law.

19 The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity and debauchery; 20 idolatry and witchcraft; hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, selfish ambition, dissensions, factions 21 and envy; drunkenness, orgies, and the like. I warn you, as I did before, that those who live like this will not inherit the kingdom of God.

22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law. 24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 Since we live by the Spirit, let us keep in step with the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking and envying each other.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 06:25 PM

If I ever get to the point of going postal...what I'll do is go to some gay parade and blow em all away..

classicman 04-22-2012 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 807918)
If I ever get to the point of going postal...what I'll do is go to some gay parade and blow em all away..

for that ^^^ you should be banned and reported.

Ibby 04-22-2012 06:43 PM

yuuuup. get him gone. that sure sounds like a final straw to me.

Threatening mass murder, especially the destruction or annihilation of a minority? that's acceptable nowhere.

Ibby 04-22-2012 06:45 PM

In fact, i think the mods might want to report his IP and any identifying information to law enforcement, but I might be being a little sensitive.

classicman 04-22-2012 07:00 PM

That was my point when I said "reported."

Ibby 04-22-2012 07:15 PM

Oh. Yeah, then I definitely agree. I figured you meant "report post", which I also did.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 08:06 PM

my email is aeropostal33@gmail.com

And if you were a true american you would respect the postal service. And take that as a really bad joke. If Chris Rock can make bad jokes about raunchy sex then I can make bad jokes about abstinence. And It wasn't a threat is was warning. Through out 'history' the repercussions of a society turning homosexual is hittious.. I don't have a problem with gay people at all, but it only takes on bad apple to ruin the bunch.

monster 04-22-2012 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 807918)

I don't believe this is appropriate for this board.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 08:25 PM

why not?? It's a joke..

monster 04-22-2012 08:42 PM

No, it's not.

monster 04-22-2012 08:43 PM

Neither is shouting "Fire" in a crowded theater......

I hope you "enjoy" your (next) spell in the penitentiary.

Ibby 04-22-2012 08:52 PM

If I said, man, next time I get pissed off, I'm gonna go find some christians and bust some heads, JB, is that a joke? No, it's a threat of fucking violence aimed at a group, for their identity, in an effort to TERRORIZE them into submission.

You've said before you "used to" be a "terrorist". Hate crimes are terrorism, plain and simple, meant to use fear to browbeat the targeted population into doing what you want. You, sir, just threatened a hate crime and an act of domestic terrorism, and deserve to be on every fucking terrorist watch list the FBI has.

You should leave, now, and quickly, before you say something that will REALLY land you in prison.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 08:57 PM

So now I'm going to go to jail for threatening to go postal on gay people.. see that's the problem.. you people stand up for the little guy which is good, me I'm making big guys loose. Point Being that you are taking your Constitutional Right to be a fool and using it to make the constitution a nut rag. To me that is not right. I fight for what I believe and I believe in my country. If you were really worried about what was going on in the country you'd keep homo stuff to your self or get help because homo sexuality is a desiese. Just like alcoholism is a desiese.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 09:05 PM

Quote:

You've said before you "used to" be a "terrorist".
I called the FBI and confessed to everything, they said it was freedom of speech. ANd did Nothing.

It's Red October Blue Dawn.

Take the R'ed pill I go way. Take the B'lue pill who cares everyone has sex and we live happily ever after....

IF you can't handle the waves stay on the beach.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 09:16 PM

Quote:

If I said, man, next time I get pissed off, I'm gonna go find some christians and bust some heads

and that's exactly what Muslims do.. you can't get mad at me because I'm curious.. hey for all I know I am gay but I rather not cross that line. It just rubbs my beliefs the wrong way. Keither Sutherlan made a movie and the terrorst suceeded in blowing up a nuke.. should we have him arrested for failure to communicate because that's all this is..

Ibby 04-22-2012 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 807947)
So now I'm going to go to jail for threatening to go postal on gay people..

I sure do hope so. Threatening to go postal on ANYBODY is definitely the police's business. Threatening to go postal on a specific social, ethnic, or cultural group, specifically because of their identity, is the FBI's business, because that is the very definition of terrorism and hate crime. We have it from your own mouth, now, that it's an actual, credible threat. You just said so yourself. Saying "i should be allowed to go postal on groups I don't like" doesn't make it better, it makes it worse.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 09:48 PM

Quote:

I sure do hope so. Threatening to go postal on ANYBODY is definitely the police's business. Threatening to go postal on a specific social, ethnic, or cultural group, specifically because of their identity, is the FBI's business, because that is the very definition of terrorism and hate crime. We have it from your own mouth, now, that it's an actual, credible threat. You just said so yourself. Saying "i should be allowed to go postal on groups I don't like" doesn't make it better, it makes it worse.
this coming from someone who has done what?? for their country....

look pal there burning down churches overseas in the name of ala.. I have to take the road that leads to security.. and one thing you will find out about me Is that I am honest.. And brutally honest.. your best bet fok the gay pride shit and stay out of the way of people who are "legitimately" trying to make a difference.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

I sure do hope so. Threatening to go postal on ANYBODY is definitely the police's business.
When they come beating down my door they won't find drugs, they won't find guns, they will find some paintings and my web site and I will tell them,

what's the point in haveing a penis, if your going to be a punany.

monster 04-22-2012 10:16 PM

This is an international forum, by the way. Many non-Americans post here, It's not about being American, it's about being human. And I suspect many Americans on here would like to disown you right about now.

monster 04-22-2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JBKlyde (Post 807954)
this coming from someone who has done what?? for their country....

look pal there burning down churches overseas in the name of ala.. I have to take the road that leads to security.. and one thing you will find out about me Is that I am honest.. And brutally honest.. your best bet fok the gay pride shit and stay out of the way of people who are "legitimately" trying to make a difference.

What have you done for "your country"? Your country imprisoned you -I don't think it likes you very much......

Ibby 04-22-2012 10:20 PM

I've worked for the government overseas at one of our diplomatic missions as support staff. It's not much but it's something. I even worked in the security office keeping our people safe over there. What've you done for your country besides poison it with hate and theocratic dogma?

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 10:30 PM

It is by grace I have been saved so that I cannot boast in my own works...

promoting qwerks: "simulation terminated"

monster 04-22-2012 10:41 PM

There is not a Christian cell in your body. i think you're a closet muslim.

JBKlyde 04-22-2012 10:50 PM

and you've met me how many times???

monster 04-22-2012 11:08 PM

one too many

how many times have you met Ibram?

Ibby 04-22-2012 11:17 PM

We both need to stop feeding the troll til the banhammer hits, mon. As hard as that is.

classicman 04-23-2012 12:20 AM

JB ... I called you out on your BS from almost day one.
Others were more lenient and wanted to give you time.
All you have done since then is repeatedly proved you are not fit for society.
God willing, I hope they lock you up with the ghey version of Mr T as your cellmate.

Ibby 04-23-2012 12:31 AM

Classic: Rape is NEVER funny. not even prison rape. Watch it.

DanaC 04-23-2012 02:57 AM

The religious crap I can stomach. The odd communication style I'm fine with. But this rampant homophobic nastiness is horrible and it has no place on this board.

We have, JBKlyde, been very tolerant as a community of your particular foibles and problems. The flipside of that is that we expect some tolerance from you.

Ibs is a valued, and I would even say much loved member of this community. I feel sickened and insulted on her behalf by the things you've said here.

I no longer wish to accomodate your peculiarities. I want you gone.

[eta] Fucking Christofascist.

TheMercenary 04-23-2012 07:58 AM

ZenGum 04-23-2012 08:06 AM

JB, I'm not happy.
You've been going on about searching for the truth.
You must remember that your answer is an answer that works for you, but it is not a universal truth and it doesn't work for a lot of other people. You believe it on faith because it provides you with an answer to live by. But faith is a personal thing and so your religion and your answers are personal too.
Which means none of us can expect other people to take our religions as seriously as we do. And that means that you can't expect other people to live by your religion's rules.
But when people make a society, as they go along they agree to certain rules. One of the rules of most modern societies is that hate speech is not okay. and using your religion as an excuse for abusing, threatening or insulting people is not okay.
I'm pretty sure that applies here in the cellar.

Please apologise to Ibram.

Ibby 04-23-2012 08:28 AM

please don't apologise, jbk. we're a little past that. if you apologise it will only be forced and hollow. I'm still just waiting for the banhammer to drop.

BigV 04-23-2012 08:33 AM

jbk can (and he should) apologize any time he likes. forgiveness for the being offended by his remarks is yours to grant or not; your choice.

I'm curious, will you feel better if he's banned?

Ibby 04-23-2012 08:48 AM

Yeah, actually, I will. People who threaten violence like that have no place in this community. I would say the same if it was niggers or spics or towelheads he was after instead of us faggots.

We've often used the example of the pub or coffeeshop for our community. Someone comes in, knocks over everyone's drinks, pukes everywhere, whatever the metaphor was, we say no, not in our cafe. We have a standard of decorum and social atmosphere that, if you come in here and shit all over, we reject.

This isn't some asshole coming in and being an intolerably annoying oaf. This is some asshole coming in and telling us all how he wants to literally kill people. Some asshole coming in and spreading violence and hate. Some asshole literally threatening domestic terrorism. He admitted himself that it was a threat. I think that's solidly in bannable territory.

BigV 04-23-2012 10:06 AM

I hope you feel better, regardless, Ibram.

By your own assessment about *not* being an intolerably annoying oaf, he's not breaking that cellar rule. We do have standards, I agree. We have a very wide range of interactions and opinions here. And according to those standards we have wide range of responses to those comments. It's important to use the right response for the right situation. I don't believe banning is the right response for what I've read from JBK.

I feel compelled to add that I find homophobia, racism, hatred, prejudice, deliberate ignorance and intolerance wrong in word and in deed. My position in this current situation is not in any way support for what he's saying; I am supporting his opportunity to say it.

JBKlyde 04-23-2012 11:36 AM

I think your all just over reacting. If America is the melting pot why do people get so mad every time I stir it.