The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What Did YOUR Kitty do? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=22117)

Trilby 02-18-2010 04:47 PM

What Did YOUR Kitty do?

My kitty (Spiderman) crawled up on my shoulder to suck on my earlobe and purr and then she passed some wicked gas. There's a cloud hovering over the keyboard as I type.

What did your kitty do?

lumberjim 02-18-2010 04:48 PM

Spike farts constantly, the piker.

Elspode 02-18-2010 06:04 PM

Eden is also a methane factory, and he likes to terrorize the other cats. He is young and playful.

kerosene 02-18-2010 06:21 PM

Cleo tears up carpet.

Pico and ME 02-18-2010 06:53 PM

Turbo bites Pico and makes him yelp like a baby. Neither one of them fart.

Pie 02-18-2010 07:46 PM

Luna barfs. Often.

Undertoad 02-18-2010 07:57 PM

Is this a thread about vaginas?

Trilby 02-19-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 635801)
Is this a thread about vaginas?

if you want it to be.

Shawnee123 02-19-2010 07:16 AM

My cats don't fart that I know of. They eat a lot, and poo a lot.

And Gaines won't stop his incessant meowing. He wants to go outside, until I open the door and he stands there looking outside and looks at me like "waddya mean it's still cold?" I wouldn't think he'd mind. We found him hiding under my car one winter when we had a streak of minus 20 temps, a thousand years ago.

So he doesn't go out then he meows again, repeat process.

He's really lucky he's so darn cute. ;)

Oh, and 17 in April Tajjy likes to barf. Well, I don't know if she really LIKES it, but she does it a lot.

Griff 02-19-2010 07:30 AM

Ray works Merlin's perimeter for hours upon hours. Merlin, being an Aussie, can't turn his attention away.

Gravdigr 02-19-2010 09:15 AM

My Bombay, Slick, is a very well-behaved kitteh. But he will only drink from the bathtub.

jinx 02-19-2010 11:12 AM

Dennis is a good boy. Best cat I've ever had.
Spike just ate a ham sandwich. And farted.

limey 02-19-2010 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 636008)
Dennis is a good boy. Best cat I've ever had.
Spike just ate a ham sandwich. And farted.

Spike's a nickname for LJ, right?

SamIam 02-19-2010 11:48 AM

Flicker and Sylvester are still kittens yet, so there's plenty of high spirits to go around. This morning they were playing a game of tag combined with a game of let's see who can jump highest off the bed. Woke me right up, that did. Neither one farts, thank heavens.

Shawnee123 02-19-2010 11:49 AM

Taj is happier drinking out of my glass of water. So, in addition to their water bowl, I keep a big cup of water on the floor in front of the TV. Her head is always in it.

Pico and ME 02-19-2010 11:50 AM

Turbo loves to drink water out of a water bottle cap.

SamIam 02-19-2010 12:23 PM

I have a drip in my bathtub that both my cats like to drink from. Aside: Last year my landlord patched some tiles in my bathroom. He noticed the leak and gave me a big lecture about informing him of leaks in the future, so he could come fix them. Then he finished the tile job, packed up his truck and drove off without fixing the leak. I haven't heard from him since, the idiot. :rolleyes:

Katkeeper 02-20-2010 06:48 PM

The usual reason for kitty gas is lactose intolerance. Do you give your cat milk?

jinx 02-20-2010 07:04 PM

Spike gets no milk. The kids are sensitive to it, so we don't even have any.

He eats too much though, and I don't know what to do about it. He is absolutely frantic for food if anyone goes near the kitchen, even if he just ate. If it's been more than 2 hours he's unbearable.
If I feed him as much as he wants he gets belly aches, diarrhea, and farts even more.

Pico and ME 02-20-2010 08:09 PM

This wont help the two hour interval situation, but I divvy up turbos daily allotment into 4 meals. Basically he gets a quarter of a cup of food every 6 hours or so. I started this because he was such a beggar that EVERYBODY fed him when he asked for it assuming that nobody else did. I was worried that he would get too fat. Now, everybody knows the schedule and usually sticks by it.

lumberjim 02-20-2010 09:16 PM

i never feed spike unless jinx asks me to. I just assume he just ate and is working me. also, i don't want him to think i'm the guy that feeds him.

Katkeeper 02-21-2010 06:05 AM

It sounds like a case for the vet. If he is frantic for food, he may have some condition where he is not getting enough of a specific kind of nourishment. The symptoms if he eats too much would be part of it. Some conditions are serious. I would take him.

Trilby 02-21-2010 08:15 AM

I don't give Spiderman milk - she just farts like a baby.

I hope Spike is ok. Have you had him since he was a kitten?

skysidhe 02-21-2010 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 636296)
Spike gets no milk. The kids are sensitive to it, so we don't even have any.

He eats too much though, and I don't know what to do about it. He is absolutely frantic for food if anyone goes near the kitchen, even if he just ate. If it's been more than 2 hours he's unbearable.
If I feed him as much as he wants he gets belly aches, diarrhea, and farts even more.

One of my cats is overweight. He too is a bear for food.
Maybe it is because he is young and needs kitten chow?

The diarrhea is concerning. Let us know what the vet says? or maybe a change in food.

My original thought to your post was to tell you about this foraging toy I thought to try out.

It might take a couple of hours to consume a serving?

http://www.amazon.com/MultiVet-SlimC.../dp/B0018CE8LQ

Juniper 02-21-2010 10:48 AM

peed on the floor. what else?

Actually she's been pretty good lately. I figured out the trick (I guess, for now) is putting an old towel on the floor in front of the litterbox. She seems to enjoy that. I collect them in a bucket with a lid and soak/wash them in a batch kind of like babies' cloth diapers. If that's all it takes, I'm OK with it.

I have a cat that farts, too. We actually named her Stink. She's a sweetie, though - black and part Siamese.

RE jinx - maybe try a different kind of food? Have you asked the vet?

Glinda 02-21-2010 11:08 AM

My Spike likes to crawl into big plastic wrappers (like the outer wrapper from a big package of paper towels) and lick the plastic.

When I open the pantry door, he runs in and licks the plastic bags of beans on the lower shelf.

Spike is a dork.

Pico and ME 02-21-2010 11:24 AM

I had a plastic licker too!

Stormieweather 02-21-2010 11:31 AM

Bootsie is asleep on the dining room table. She is almost always asleep on the dining room table. She's waiting for me to do laundry, which I fold on the table, so she can scoot over and lay on the warm clothes. She waits all week for that. Bootsie is very old and doesn't do cute things anymore.

SamIam 02-21-2010 11:32 AM

We are obviously all slaves to the master race, felidae. We give them nutritional food, offer them the shelter of our homes, present them with clever toys and scoop up their shit. In return, they destroy the furniture, fart, knock over plants and commit mayhem in general. Are we all suckers or what? ;)

Katkeeper 02-21-2010 11:41 AM

But they are so cute! And they purr...

Juniper 02-21-2010 12:06 PM

I rely on mine to kill spiders and those creepy millipedes in the basement. Sometimes they even get wasps and flies for me. No mice I hope!

Cloud 02-21-2010 12:13 PM

MY kitty curls up sweetly on my chest and purrs. No nasty eructations or flatulations.

usually!

Glinda 02-21-2010 12:32 PM

My cats consider me their heating pad. When I lay down on the couch to watch TV, Spike balances on my shoulder/side and makes himself comfortable. When I get into bed for the night, Spike assumes that same position, and Kirby spreads herself atop my feet (Zoey sleeps in the kitty bed nearby). That can't possibly be comfortable for Kirby, but she does it most nights. :neutral:

I wonder all the time how often I kick my cat in my sleep.

Cloud 02-21-2010 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SamIam (Post 636438)
We are obviously all slaves to the master race, felidae. We give them nutritional food, offer them the shelter of our homes, present them with clever toys and scoop up their shit. In return, they destroy the furniture, fart, knock over plants and commit mayhem in general. Are we all suckers or what? ;)

I recommend these stories written from the cat's point of view. They are The Sentinel fanfic in which the cat saves the day, but you probably don't have to know much about the show to enjoy Tibbles' description of the Food Provider and Litter Emptier:

http://www.gilhalefic.com/meowmail/

http://www.gilhalefic.com/tibblestotherescue/

SamIam 02-21-2010 01:59 PM

Hey, thanks for the links! I read both stories with Sylvester purring in my lap. He gives them a rating of 4 whiskers (//''\\) out of 4. :)

Cloud 02-21-2010 03:09 PM

He knows who's boss, obviously!

Cloud 02-21-2010 05:07 PM

Miles just came up to me, looked me right in the eye, and licked his lips in a very obvious message that he wants his wet food. I'm like, "not yet--it's only 4:00".

ETA: I gave in, because they were both being obnoxious, and I'm a pushover.

jinx 02-21-2010 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katkeeper (Post 636393)
It sounds like a case for the vet. If he is frantic for food, he may have some condition where he is not getting enough of a specific kind of nourishment. The symptoms if he eats too much would be part of it. Some conditions are serious. I would take him.

Alright, consensus says take him to the vet, so Ill see if we can get in tomorrow.

bluecuracao 02-21-2010 07:53 PM

Bosco likes to move his water bowl off his kitteh fud mat to various places around the kitchen.

We have a fun new game now...while I'm sitting on the bed watching TV, he peeks at me from the floor on the other side. And when I duck down, he sits up on his back legs to see if I'm still there.

So funny, seeing his pointy-eared kitty head rise up slowly over the side of the bed.

Trilby 02-22-2010 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluecuracao (Post 636489)
So funny, seeing his pointy-eared kitty head rise up slowly over the side of the bed.

I love the pointy-ears. Little witch hats!

Pie 02-22-2010 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pico and ME (Post 636434)
I had a plastic licker too!

Me three. Luna loves grocery bags, but only when we're around to scold her. :rolleyes:

Shawnee123 02-22-2010 12:19 PM

Toonces and Madison both loved plastic. However, they were both allergic to it. I found this out because when we first got Toonces his little mouth was swelling up. Doc said he was allergic to his plastic bowls (apparently it's kind of common) and to switch. Now I use stainless steel and glass bowls. Madison had the same allergy, but was much more adamant about eating any plastic wrapper he could get his little teeth on.

Cloud 02-22-2010 05:38 PM

I have a "plastic bag lover" AND., and a "little piece of trashy plastic chewer"

lumberjim 02-22-2010 05:41 PM

i heard that the plastic chewing thing comes from early weaning. Bunyip was a plastic chewer

Sundae 02-23-2010 06:19 AM

I always assumed that too, LJ.
But both my Singas lived with their mothers in a kitten pen and chose when to wean themselves.

Dylan was a plastic chewer. His favourite was the handles of long-life carrier bags. He'd put little teeth holes in them which were easy to miss - until you had a bag full of heavy items like water and apples, then the handle would snap - usually halfway home.

Diz is a paper/ card chewer. His preference is book covers. Many of my books look ragged at the corners.

What he did today?
Well, waking me up at five by patting my eyes for a start. He wasn't shut in either - I shut Mia in my parents' room for a change and let him have the run of the house. He obviously just wanted some company.

jinx 02-23-2010 10:48 AM

Cost me $75.
Diagnosis: chow hound.

And got some abx in case he has a pee-pee infection, since he's peed on the floor a couple times.

lumberjim 02-23-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 636823)
Cost me $75.
Diagnosis: chow hound.

I think that's what I have

classicman 02-23-2010 11:39 AM

but do you pee on the floor?

jinx 02-23-2010 11:45 AM

Mother fucker just peed on the floor what the hell

lumberjim 02-23-2010 11:52 AM

beat his ass

SamIam 02-23-2010 11:53 AM

Better get Spike on that new food, pronto. Kitties usually respond well to it. When I have a "problem child" Science Diet usually does the trick.

jinx 02-23-2010 11:58 AM

What new food?

SamIam 02-23-2010 12:07 PM

Oh, sorry. I thought abx was the name of some brand of food. Silly me. :blush: Anyhow, you can get food formulated especially for feline urinary tract and kidney health. I think its lower in magnesium among other things. It works very well with male cats, especially those who don't always use the litter box.

jinx 02-23-2010 12:12 PM

We'll see how the antibiotics works, to see if that's even the issue. It (uti) was just a guess on the vet's part because he couldn't find anything wrong but thinks he too young to be territorial. I gotta be careful with food because Dennis has allergies and Spike won't eat dry food. I'll keep the science diet in mind though, if they have a chicken, beef, corn, and wheat free variety.

Freakin cats...

classicman 02-23-2010 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 636862)
I gotta be careful with food because Dennis has allergies and Spike won't eat dry food.

What happens if there is no other alternative? Is this when he bugs the crap outta you?

jinx 02-23-2010 01:09 PM

The food allergy dry food is always available.
Spike begs for food constantly, even when he still has food in his dish right after I've fed him. If there is no possibility of being fed more (like, I'm upstairs lounging, watching tv) he'll just hang out on my lap waiting for me to stand up - then he'll start freaking out, yowling, walking under my feet.
It's not that I want to starve him or force him to eat a certain food - I just think eating 1/3 of his body weight every day shouldn't leave him frantic for more food.

jinx 02-23-2010 01:10 PM

I've said food so much it's lost all meaning... is it even spelled right? Food food food food...

classicman 02-23-2010 01:22 PM

lol - poor little l boy with active hormones and Jim the big meanie is starving him. Thankfully Spike has you.

I got no idea. Never had anything like that with any of my pets.

SamIam 02-23-2010 03:42 PM

I've never had a cat that was THAT demanding about food. But then I just leave a bowl of kibble down for my two to snack on whenever they want. In the evening they get a "bedtime snack." Either a handful of cat treats or half a can of canned food. They know when treat time is approaching and will campaign then, but not any other part of the day. Neither one seems to be getting fat off this regime, and its a lot less trouble for me. Good luck with Spike!

Katkeeper 02-23-2010 05:15 PM

I'm glad Spike is okay. Is he gaining weight from all this demanding food? I have always given my cats 1/2 small can of "wet" food every morning and then dry food later in the day. The only time I have a problem is with the morning feeding - which happens as soon as I get up. Sometimes I have had one want me to get up sooner than I would like by a vocal or physical nudge. Nothing like a cold cat nose on your cheek to get you awake.