The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's upsetting you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14114)

DanaC 01-24-2008 03:33 PM

Mum's house flooded and her new carpet is fucked.

binky 01-24-2008 03:40 PM

We have a leak in garage roof, in the house we bought 6 mos ago and I can't find the receipt for our roof certification

binky 01-24-2008 03:41 PM

sry Dana

DucksNuts 01-24-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toranokaze (Post 426700)
Ducks, nothing in perpendicular I just hate them.

:sniff: what I do?

Sundae 01-25-2008 08:01 AM

I have been waiting for a letter from the Benefit Office to prove I am currently receiving Incapacity Benefit @ £61.35 per week for two weeks now. I need it to take to the Magistrates' Court to negotiate a smaller monthly payment on a debt I owe. I have now made four phone calls and the paperwork was due in court yesterday.

I hope that when I get home today the letter is there. I'm only here (Welling, 35 mins away) because the post doesn't come until late afternoon. I'm already getting mad at the idea that it still might not be there when I get home.

How can people be so bloody inefficient, especially when I told them the second time I called what it was for and how important it was.

BigV 01-25-2008 01:34 PM

SonofV cut himself in woodshop today. They say he's ok. I hope so. I watched a kid amputate the end of his finger with a bandsaw when I was in woodshop...

bzzt.

What?

ohmygod. aaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!

shina 01-25-2008 01:45 PM

Ouch!

Nothing's upsetting me today! Whew!

monster 01-25-2008 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 427248)
SonofV cut himself in woodshop today. They say he's ok. I hope so. I watched a kid amputate the end of his finger with a bandsaw when I was in woodshop...

bzzt.

What?

dangerous place, school. I guess this one was at least cheaper than the tooth, though. That picture haunts my nightmares....

Griff 01-25-2008 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 427248)

bzzt.

What?

Be glad he has a woodshop to cut himself in. The fascination with standardized tests is killing off shop in some places.

Cicero 01-26-2008 03:17 PM

My boss. I even hung up on him today. I was on my way out of here...then..he apologized for sounding terrible...but I still have to find something new already. This job really isn't working out so far...I'm seeing some true colors already, and they are ugly....

I can put up with lowering my wages for a good boss..not a bad one.

So that's it for the complaint department...I guess I'll just have to move on again.

Hope you guys are doing better than me and having an awesome weekend!!

ZenGum 01-27-2008 09:04 AM

I am COLD

I got home early this evening, and turned on the reverse-cycle air-conditioner to warm my apartment. There came a loud CRACK noise from the outside part of the split system. The A/C never started blowing warm air and constant fiddling with the controls (which are in Japanese) only ever got it to circulate the air inside the room.
This did of course happen on a Sunday evening. In the middle of winter. The web indicates that the current temperature is 2C (34F), but -2 (28F) with windchill. The forecast is for -2, which, allowing for windchill, will probably take us to about -5 (23F). This is one of, if not THE, coldest nights I have seen in this city.
Now, I know you cellarites in Northern USA will scoff at such temperatures being called "cold", but this building, like many in Japan, has crap all insulation. It is COLD in here.
Well, it was. I rugged up with two pairs of warm pants, double socks, t-shirt, two thermals, two sweaters, fleecy jacket, two beanies, and gloves, but I was STILL cold. When I could see my breath condensing in the air I decided to get the portable electric hot plate and set it on a cleared patch in the living/bed room. This has made the room much warmer but is not a good arrangement.
The good thing is that my rental agency will sort this out, but that will take time.
Just more crap to deal with.

ZenGum 01-27-2008 08:05 PM

I got service here quickly because there were some tech chaps in the building already. Why? The pipes have frozen. I told you it was cold. This has not happened before.
Now, no shower, and even morning coffee is difficult.
Brrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Shawnee123 01-30-2008 12:56 PM

1) Boss called in sick (on her day to do all counseling)
2) Other counselor had a sudden dentist appointment
3) DD went in today and my account is still overdrawn
4) I'm jealous (a nasty emotion) of everyone with money, and those with no jobs who still have more money than I seem to be able to hold onto
5) Homeless Guy has given me some money, but hasn't made efforts to start meaningful contributions to the household
6) I can't stand myself or my life right now

Kthx. I needed to vent. I suck.

:(

HungLikeJesus 01-30-2008 01:48 PM

Shawnee, you need your own tip jar. Even while exploring the depths of your own deep well you make me laugh.

Shawnee123 01-30-2008 01:57 PM

You cannot possibly know how nice it was to read that, HLJ! Thanks. :) Not that I agree with a tip jar, ;) just the thought is funny, and knowing I make you laugh is a nice thing. Dwellars have done far too much for my sorry ass already.