The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What is pissing you off this time? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18362)

monster 03-06-2017 08:57 PM

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH

youngest child and his complete inability to be a successful student and our complete inability to realize his complete inability.

that and cancer :(

limey 03-07-2017 01:47 AM

Oh sucky McSuck! X

Sent by magic.

Griff 03-07-2017 06:27 AM

:(

footfootfoot 03-07-2017 07:39 AM

Clodfobble 03-07-2017 11:46 AM

Sorry, monster.

DanaC 03-07-2017 12:43 PM

yech

Hugs from over the pond.

Pico and ME 03-07-2017 01:36 PM

Youngest just has to be the rebel.

And FUCK CANCER. And that goes especially for caretakers. The Heroes.

monster 03-07-2017 09:19 PM

aw thanks, guys. Two more years to whip the little shit into shape.... ;) And chemo means I maybe won't have to do it alone so I shouldn't gripe. I should, however, go to bed.

xoxoxoBruce 03-07-2017 09:20 PM

One more beer, then bed.

monster 03-07-2017 09:27 PM

exactly. Did you hear the hiss as I opened it?

I've had about eight hours sleep ...over the last two nights. I have to get up in 5.5 hours, so if I hustle, I might break my record for the week :D

Clodfobble 03-07-2017 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster
so I shouldn't gripe

Fuck that shit. Griping is good for you. Releases the pressure valves, cleans the pores, improves digestion, all that stuff.

classicman 03-08-2017 08:33 PM

Sorry monster... :(

Snakeadelic 03-12-2017 08:41 AM

The ban on using lead shot to hunt on public lands has been repealed. Not "thinking about it" or "working on it". GONE. This means:

Lead in every major river system that flows through public lands.
Food banks in many states, including mine, will no longer be able to accept wild game that is donated by the hunter or seized from poachers, because now there will once again be a risk that someone's gonna make a food-bank deerburger and swallow a bunch of mangled lead pellets that survived the grinder because lead's softer than the steel grinder blades.
Lead buildup in every animal that doesn't outright die of being wounded by lead pellets or eating something that died of lead poisoning.
God knows what kind of damage to the families of avid hunters who may or may not keep their reloading supplies locked up with the actual guns.
Loss of vultures, some of the most frequent victims of lead shot poisoning, leads to carcasses rotting in place, which can spread disease among everything from ground squirrels (they're surprisingly omnivorous--my mom actually watched one stealing eggs out of her henhouse!) to bison, deer, and other "worthwhile" (read: Things Humans Like To Shoot) mega-fauna.
Possible repeat of the massive drop in numbers of all predatory birds, especially those that also scavenge. LIKE THE BALD EAGLE.

Makes me sick. I'm afraid the next thing they'll do is declare mustangs fair game for dog food ingredients so they can slaughter them all off PUBLIC lands and use those lands for grazing, fracking, and strip-mining.

Griff 03-12-2017 08:46 AM

this

Undertoad 03-12-2017 08:55 AM

This ban was in position for 6 weeks before being removed, so here is something you had no concern for ever, and suddenly it is a horror and abomination requiring paragraphs of outrage about poisoning bald eagles.