The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly amusing you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=20235)

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2015 06:47 PM

I know, but that was easy to see, it's like politics. Find a couple of rabid but not very bright women to whine about gender reference of a pile of god damned snow. Then repeat that as loud and often as possible until people automatically make the connection between feminism and this silly shit. So when anything related to feminism comes up, the people who were on the fence or just unaware of the important issues, automatically shut down and don't want to hear it. Bam, there goes the swing voters.
To make it worse, intelligent feminists won't counter or censor the dunces, can't criticize a sister. It's the same as Muslims keeping quiet about terrorists, you'll be perceived as birds of a feather. Suddenly the whole feminist movement gets perceived as a bunch of twits, which is a huge defeat.

Sundae 12-16-2015 03:21 AM

Passed on by my brother.
Made me smile.

glatt 12-16-2015 07:33 AM

"Chocolate tube" sounds kind of kinky and dirty.

orthodoc 12-16-2015 07:31 PM

It didn't until you said that, glatt!

Gravdigr 12-17-2015 02:38 PM

You are both right.

:D

Sundae 12-18-2015 10:35 AM

There was a man on the market today selling panda bowls.
"Strawberries, grapes, panda bowl!" he shouted.

xoxoxoBruce 12-18-2015 10:38 AM

Chocolate tube map is called a colostomy so your health insurance will pay for it.

Undertoad 12-18-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

"Strawberries, grapes, panda bowl!" he shouted.
Is that like the Chinese restaurant that tried to feed us wester balls?

Us: "What's in that dish?"
Chinese waiter: "Pork, wester balls, broth..."
Us: "Ew! What are wester balls?"
Chinese waiter: "You know, onion, carrot..."

Clodfobble 01-16-2016 09:19 PM

There's a woman in London with my same name, who is too stupid to remember what her actual email address is, and gives out mine all the time as her own. Subsequently, I get all sorts of email for her on a regular basis. I know about her divorce a couple of years ago, I know about her business trips to Ireland, I know the names of her three children and also that of her new husband (the same as my middle name!) Mind you, I am always kind enough to write back and let them know they have the wrong person, but there's always someone new for her to screw it up with it.

Well, it's been a rough week for the London version of me. First, she blew 130 pounds (!) on a grey Michael Kors designer wallet--with a gift message for her friend Aoife, meaning she blew 130 pounds on a wallet for someone else, dear God--and as the confirmation emails made very clear, she will have been absolutely unable to pick up her item from the store unless she presents a copy of my email proving she is the purchaser.

Then, as if Thursday hadn't been difficult enough, I just received an 8-paragraph letter from her full-time nanny, detailing all the (justifiable) reasons why she was quitting, including but not limited to the fact that her children are "cold" and "very disrespectful."

The UK me is kind of a bitch, I gather.

infinite monkey 01-16-2016 09:46 PM

She isn't as hilarious as you are! :)

infinite monkey 01-16-2016 09:49 PM

Damn cold. Drippy nose and fever. Even a hot bath and cold medicine aren't working. Grumble.

sexobon 01-16-2016 09:57 PM

Remember, if your nose runs and your feet smell ... you're upside down.

Griff 01-17-2016 10:46 AM

Good stuff Clod good stuff.

glatt 01-17-2016 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 951548)
Mind you, I am always kind enough to write back and let them know they have the wrong person, but there's always someone new for her to screw it up with it.

You are a better person than I am. There's a teacher in Kentucky, and I often get invitations from his student to review papers they have written in Google docs. I stopped letting them know they have the wrong person years ago.

Clodfobble 01-17-2016 05:31 PM

Admittedly, it isn't my "real" account, or even my backup account, it's the third-tier one that truly only gets used for spam and YouTube crap (because once Google bought YouTube they made it very difficult to do YouTube without a Gmail address.) If I had to deal with it in my face every day I might get less tolerant.