The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you happy today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=14055)

xoxoxoBruce 04-30-2010 11:54 PM

May is Masturbation Month.

monster 05-01-2010 06:32 AM

First of May, first of may
outdoor fucking starts today
But if as usual it do rain
off we fucks indoors again.

Shawnee123 05-03-2010 07:50 AM

My Mom! In college, I had the Glow Worm and the Chubbles, given to me by Mom. All my dorm-mates loved them, and would borrow them when they had a bad day, for cheering up (no dirty thoughts now, y'all.) ;)

Well, I looked into my bag of goodies my mom gave me yesterday (she always gives me her old magazines, books, and other things) and there was a Zhu Zhu Hamster! I brought it into work and it was running around, made everyone laugh.

I think I want a whole Zhu Zhu Hamster community. I'm such a kid!

http://www.zhuzhupets.com/main.html

Shawnee123 05-03-2010 09:29 AM

monster: for thinking of me and telling me to look away in the "questions" thread. I caught it in time that I didn't look at the pic.

Thank you!:thumb:

monster 05-03-2010 12:49 PM

heehee. You can look now, though, we've "moved on" :lol:

Shawnee123 05-03-2010 01:19 PM

OK!

:jig:

Winner over Weiner! Makes me happy every time! :)

Clodfobble 05-03-2010 05:29 PM

My mom just gave me a bunch of my favorite cookware.

See, the way it works with my mom is: I buy something and it turns out to be pretty good, then she decides she wants one too, but goes overboard with her superior paycheck and gets 3 of them, or the larger one, or the special edition with extra attachments, or whatever. Then, about 6 months later, she realizes she isn't really going to use it after all (and in fact has perhaps not even taken it out of the package,) and gives it to me instead.

So not only did I get three more dutch ovens in varying sizes, but I also got this great cookbook. I'm so excited!

xoxoxoBruce 05-03-2010 05:32 PM

Oow Oow, what time's supper. :yum:

Jaydaan 05-03-2010 10:08 PM

My husband finally agrees with me, that the home parties I do need cash and carry items. I did a party this weekend, and 90% of the sales were take home now things... I could have made more if I had more "instant gratification" items. The girls wanted to wear some of the lingerie to the bar that night So... he agreed we need to spend money to make money. We have $6000 retail worth coming ROFL. He either doesn't do something or goes all out!
Now I need a few more big parties like this weekend. $700 in 3 hours!

jinx 05-03-2010 10:10 PM

Nice!

xoxoxoBruce 05-03-2010 10:45 PM

He's not dumb, if it doesn't sell, you wear it. :D

classicman 05-04-2010 02:53 PM

peace and quiet.

Shawnee123 05-05-2010 11:26 AM

Scan was clear. No tumah! So, what the effin' eff is wrong with me?

Anxiety attacks were noted, muscle tightness and spasms could contribute to headaches and other head issues.

He gave me some preventive exercises for the spasms, and something for my extreme anxiety (which are timed well with PMS, but unreal-like and scary) for just those times when it gets like it gets.

In the meantime, I'm going to look into herbal remedies in case there are also hormonal issues due to my age (which my doctor is in denial of, apparently. I don't care, I'll shout it from the rooftops, but he doesn't seem to want to think I'm old.) :lol:

classicman 05-05-2010 01:03 PM

Great news.

glatt 05-05-2010 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123 (Post 653955)
No tumah!

It's not a tumah! :thumb:

monster 05-05-2010 02:50 PM

There was a rumor
It was a tumor
But now today we
Know Shaw's just crazy

:D

Shawnee123 05-06-2010 07:30 AM

Better alive crazy than dead crazy...at least for me...y'all might have different sentiments.

Thanks monster, glatt, and classic. :)

elSicomoro 05-07-2010 08:09 PM

I'm home. :)

monster 05-07-2010 08:15 PM

hurrah! it made me happy to see you were posting in this thread.

elSicomoro 05-07-2010 08:39 PM

My wife and mother-in-law were so good to me this week...my wife was by my side almost all week. My mother-in-law bought me goodies and did stuff for us at the house.

I tried to live as "normally" as possible...after all, I was perfectly fine except for the area around my left eye. I wore normal clothes, didn't have a restricted diet, sat in the chair instead of the bed often, played on my laptop and iPhone, went to the cafeteria with April for dinner, went outside for fresh air...of course, this was all before I was officially diagnosed with MRSA, which wasn't until yesterday afternoon. At least that earned me a private room. :)

zippyt 05-08-2010 12:03 AM

Family supprot at times like what you have been thru is Important ,
Glad yer doing Better dude !!!

Kiss Mrs April for me .

skysidhe 05-08-2010 12:20 AM

I am glad you and Shawnee are OK!

...and shawnee some doctors * cough * men doctors don't get the womens body even though they probably sleep with one.

A not so funny story. After having my baby the doctor was sowing me up. It hurt and I said ouch. He said," What? That hurts? You just had a baby" I wanted to kick the side of his face! wtf...you think just because I had a kid I have no nerves down there anymore. retard. ( I didn't say these things out loud but he could probably feel the nurses bristling) hehe

xoxoxoBruce 05-08-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

some doctors * cough * men doctors don't get the womens body even though they probably sleep with one.
How do you expect them to know, when you're so unpredictable even you don't know?:p:

skysidhe 05-08-2010 12:35 AM

What do you mean by that!?

j/k that's a stereotype although an extra comma would be nice

Griff 05-08-2010 07:34 AM

Glad you're back, Syc!

Sundae 05-08-2010 09:53 AM

Glad to hear things have turned out well for you, Syc.

I'm happy because I spoke to Bri today.
Always lovely to hear a Dwellar's voice, and especially hers.

elSicomoro 05-08-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 654757)
A not so funny story. After having my baby the doctor was sowing me up. It hurt and I said ouch. He said," What? That hurts? You just had a baby" I wanted to kick the side of his face! wtf...you think just because I had a kid I have no nerves down there anymore. retard. ( I didn't say these things out loud but he could probably feel the nurses bristling) hehe

This reminds me of what I went through in the eye clinic the other day, though a totally different situation...

So I'm in the eye clinic, and the ophthalmologists are trying to remove all the bacteria from the abscess in my eye. They had numbed me up pretty well, but then they apparently yanked out a capsule that was on a nerve that was not numbed...

I bawled like a little kid..."Owwwww...ahhahaha-owwwww!" I knew it wasn't malicious, and the docs felt awful. I was like, "It's okay...*sob sob*...I know you're...*sob sob*...just doing...*sob sob*...your job." It wasn't funny at the time, but looking back, it's damn funny to me now. :)

zippyt 05-08-2010 02:10 PM

Oh MAN UP !!!!
Rub some Dirt on it and get back out there !!!
Ya WUSSY !!!!!

elSicomoro 05-08-2010 02:16 PM

I'm off work all next week. All my medical equipment is portable, and it's only about a 4-hour drive down to where you are, fucker. ;)

zippyt 05-08-2010 02:26 PM

Ahh but youll just drive in circles with only 1 eye there Sparky !!!!!:p:;):cool:

limey 05-08-2010 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 654849)
Oh MAN UP !!!!
Rub some Dirt on it and get back out there !!!
Ya WUSSY !!!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sycamore (Post 654851)
I'm off work all next week. All my medical equipment is portable, and it's only about a 4-hour drive down to where you are, fucker. ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zippyt (Post 654852)
Ahh but youll just drive in circles with only 1 eye there Sparky !!!!!:p:;):cool:

:lol2:

DangerouslySimple 05-09-2010 10:39 PM

My house is silent right now... the only sound is the water cycling into the fishtank behind me and the dull hum of the computer. With six kids living in the house- silence is sometimes unfathomable.

UncaDollas 05-10-2010 12:38 AM

I cant help but laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuHgDPz5Ka8

monster 05-10-2010 10:46 AM

Another youtube link? Do they pay you?

Shawnee123 05-10-2010 10:58 AM

They pay him a dolla a link. :lol2:

squirell nutkin 05-10-2010 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clodfobble (Post 653495)
...then she decides she wants one too, but goes overboard with her superior paycheck...

I had this flash of an anime super hero/exasperating mom character defeating her enemies:
"I will out purchase you with my superior paycheck!"

She'd need a teenage daughter sidekick for sure.

Sundae 05-10-2010 11:38 AM

I'm currently organising my Mum's Girls' Night In (the last one - the one I got all upset about - was cancelled as Mum was stuck in Benidorm).

We're doing it her way.
She's quite happy with what I am cooking and we've agreed the menu.
She's calm because I've broken it down for her so she knows I won't have to do much on the night, and there is plenty of time for everything.

Of course I have sneaked in some little details of my own.
Like introducing the idea of frozen strawberry daiquiris (bought mix, just add water and rum). And getting plastic glasses for them as none of ours were suitable.
And making mini cornbread muffins as hors d'oeuvres. Simple, cheap (except the rum, but Mum & Dad drink that anyway) and yet something different for the "girls".

I'm attempting a Chile Con Queso as a starter. Mum doesn't realise this is my first attempt. Let's not worry her, eh? If it goes tits up at least they can fill their faces with muffins and tortilla chips :) I'm borrowing a fondue set to keep the dish warm. I've also got a couple of chilli-style serving plates for the bits & pieces.

Tried & tested fajitas for the main, no surprises there.

And finally I'm going to put lights on the bushes outside. If the weather is good that is. Fingers crossed, it should be, then they can have drinks and hor d'oeuvres outside.

I rejected the inflatable cactus idea and bought cacti candles on eBay instead. They were an unwanted gift so it was a private seller and I got them dirt cheap. I also decided against the Mexican flag bunting and the Cinque de Mayo centrepiece. I have remembered that this is Mum's evening not mine.

But I bet they talk about it afterwards :)
And yes, I am looking forward to it immensely.

DangerouslySimple 05-10-2010 01:28 PM

Man, SG- maybe I should have ya come over and plan my next shindig. All of that sounds superb :)

Griff 05-10-2010 04:31 PM

The first hand-made cheese of spring is a squeaky cheddar... very yummish!

classicman 05-10-2010 06:43 PM

Wow thats sounds really good Griff. Made with goats milk, I assume?

TheMercenary 05-10-2010 06:55 PM

I bought me and the wif a 5th gen I pod, it gets FM. I am slowly being assimilated.....

Griff 05-10-2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 655284)
Wow thats sounds really good Griff. Made with goats milk, I assume?

Oh, yeah!

classicman 05-10-2010 09:48 PM

still got my address? nudge nudge hint hint . . .

mywork08 05-12-2010 02:48 AM

http://www.funny-games.biz/images/pi...-cow-biker.jpg

xoxoxoBruce 05-12-2010 03:28 AM

mywork08, please don't hotlink pictures. :headshake

ZenGum 05-12-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by squirell nutkin (Post 655132)
I had this flash of an anime super hero/exasperating mom character defeating her enemies:
"I will out purchase you with my superior paycheck!"

She'd need a teenage daughter sidekick for sure.

That would so totally work.

The Adventures of Consumer-mom!!!! And her daughter Sulky-sass! See them struggle against Lookatme-lookatme and the Mall-evolent Marauders! Coming soon to a retail outlet near you!

monster 05-12-2010 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenGum (Post 655643)
That would so totally work.

The Adventures of Consumer-mom!!!! And her daughter Sulky-sass! See them struggle against Lookatme-lookatme and the Mall-evolent Marauders! Coming soon to a retail outlet near you!

My friend's 11yo son came up with a great name for his little sister when she was being sassy, I think we should use that: SassyQuatch! :lol:

classicman 05-12-2010 08:30 AM

hel..oh goodbye

Griff 05-15-2010 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 655336)
still got my address? nudge nudge hint hint . . .

Um... yeah that cheese is in muh belly. If you pm me that addy again I can make something happen after we wean the little ones and milk production goes through the roof.

slang 05-15-2010 08:24 AM

What's making me happy today?

1. A bike
2. no water falling from the sky
3. Corp policy that allows parking your bike inside your office or cube.
4. Flat and smooth American roads.

And.......

5. Reese's cups. :)

glatt 05-15-2010 08:33 AM

hey slang, welcome back to the States!

slang 05-15-2010 08:41 AM

Thank you glatt.

I'm back in the US and that means no boozing, oversnoozing, taxi cruising, surfboard using, and fat food mooching.

It's all work and study now but that's acceptable with the long vacations that I've got planned next trip out.

casimendocina 05-15-2010 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by slang (Post 656363)
3. Corp policy that allows parking your bike inside your office or cube.

How cool would that be?! Sigh! although I notice that one colleague has been bringing their bike in-a case of don't ask permission and then no-one can say no.

Quote:

4. Flat and smooth American roads.
Any infant sized holes in the pavement where you've been?

Quote:

5. Reese's cups. :)
Tried them on Dawn French's recommendation 'surely created by angels'. I like peanut butter and chocolate, but in this combination, no can do. My aversion to the taste was on the high side.

casimendocina 05-15-2010 09:25 AM

Internet access at home after months and months without it (self-inflicted).

slang 05-15-2010 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by casimendocina (Post 656374)
How cool would that be?! Sigh! although I notice that one colleague has been bringing their bike in-a case of don't ask permission and then no-one can say no.

I am a (contract only) mechanical designer/product designer/engineering services consultant at DePuy ( dee-pew ).

We make medical implants (replacements) for knees, hips and shoulders. A focus on physical fitness and overall good health is encouraged within the corporate culture.

Security has been instructed to allow bikes inside so long as there are no complaints ( of people doing wheelies in the hallways :) )

Quote:

Any infant sized holes in the pavement where you've been?

I've just returned from a 9 month vacation/expedition/adventure/drinking spree on Luzon island Philippines.

My wife and I bought a small plot of jungle property. The roads there are bad when even compared to a disinigrating rural american driveway.

Quote:

Tried them on Dawn French's recommendation 'surely created by angels'. I like peanut butter and chocolate, but in this combination, no can do. My aversion to the taste was on the high side.

Aversion to Reese's cups is something that I'm not equipped to reply to. Don't know how to respond. Never even heard of this.

What types of fat foods do you like?

Griff 05-15-2010 11:26 AM

dogsledding

xoxoxoBruce 05-15-2010 12:50 PM

Methinks they be dog/otter hybrids. :lol:

Nirvana 05-15-2010 03:29 PM

My property taxes went down :)

glatt 05-15-2010 04:37 PM

Opening day at the pool, and it was sunny and got a little warm. I smell like sunscreen and have pool hair.

HungLikeJesus 05-15-2010 05:10 PM

We were in Kauai this week and missed the 18 inches of snow. It's mostly melted now, but there's a chance for more tonight.