The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Be a post whore! (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13909)

DanaC 05-01-2009 03:30 PM

Wow. That's huge Tiki. How'd you feel about that?

Cloud 05-01-2009 03:34 PM

you put that in its own thread.

wow.

DanaC 05-01-2009 03:39 PM

Yah. Definately thread worthy.

Tiki 05-01-2009 06:16 PM

OK, I started a thread: http://cellar.org/showthread.php?p=561973#post561973

DanaC 05-02-2009 03:44 AM

*grins* I brought a lump to mums throat. She heard my Three Musketeers poem and loved it. When I read it to her, she remembered the time I'd had in mind, when we went alien hunting in the middle of the night. Ended up having a delightful hour reminding each other of different things we'd done. Like when we went looking for witches up on Pendle Hill. And getting lost along the lanes round Barrow Bridge and Rivington Pike. *chuckles* Our Kid doing the navigating, and mum gripping the little mini's steering wheel with white knuckles. It was her first car, she'd only learned to drive in her 30s. She'd have been a little younger than I am now. Me in the back of the car with first the one westie then a little later on a second dog was added to the team.

Oh it used to be so exciting. We'd go off, bundled up in our coats with flasks of hot tea. The moon high and bright. Trying to be quiet as we left the house and got into the car, whispering our laughter and giggles. Martin scaring me with witch stories.

There are times I miss those days with a physical force. That little mini-clubman estate, with its rust and its rattle, and the dogs barking at nothing; and mum and martin arguing about which turn to take, and me talking (always talking, I never shut up as a kid), leaning forward in my seat. The tea from the flask, so hot it burned your throat, but in a good way, a satisfying way. That's home. That feeling. Those moments.

xoxoxoBruce 05-02-2009 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 561587)
They claim my household was selected at random, and while there is supposedly a law saying I have to fill it out, I wonder if it has any teeth.

It asks for things like how many people live here, number of rooms in the house, plumbing, utility bills in previous year, and even my income. It will take a while to fill out if I have to look up all that stuff.

I'll fill it out though. I'm usually pretty obedient that way. Besides, they use it to allocate resources, so in theory, it's important that I get counted so the schools and stuff get federal money.

I got one of those a few years back.
I said no.
They said I must.
I said make me.
They said it's the law.
I said stuff it.
The regional supervisor said I must.
I said bring it on.

Haven't heard any more.

Undertoad 05-02-2009 07:41 AM

Don't you see, they need that information, because they sell it.

Now, you could start your own information company and go around asking people these questions. But that would be terribly expensive! Much easier to start with a government entity that already has regional supervisors.

Isn't it going to be more expensive for the government entity? But of course! But they sell that information, so --

Just fill it out like a good citizen.

Cloud 05-03-2009 10:59 PM

I caught myself as I was drifting off for my afternoon nap trying to scroll down through the thoughts in my head.

I think that's a bad sign!

Aliantha 05-04-2009 07:04 AM

I think that's a sign of the times. ;)

monster 05-05-2009 08:41 AM

oh come on...... tire thread, feeling flat, need to sit down......pun chair

Now I'm just deflated.

(or is everybody still just speechless with awe?)

:p

capnhowdy 05-06-2009 07:29 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23246

ohgr 05-16-2009 03:02 AM

Your auto warranty is about to expire. This is your final notice until the next final notice in two days.

capnhowdy 05-16-2009 01:00 PM

This seems like a good spot to put my

4000th post.

Aliantha 05-19-2009 12:19 AM

Fuckwit.

(not you capn)

ohgr 05-19-2009 01:00 AM

Thank you, may i have another?