The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's bumming your stone today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=18359)

orthodoc 03-29-2014 01:59 PM

I talked to the prof for the undocumented course yesterday; he is sending both an email and a snail mail letter to the Registrar confirming that I completed all requirements for his course. He told me the Registrar's Office has repeatedly changed the requirements for degrees over the past two years in the new School of Public Health, most recently yesterday!

The School of Public Health administrator called the Registrar and told him it was an administrative error but that I'd done the work. The Registrar replied 'an error is an error'.

I will see the Dean on Monday. Once I know the Registrar has written documentation that I have completed all requirements, I will write to the President of the University as well as the Dean and say basically what you guys suggested, give them one week, and then file lawsuits. So this week I have to find a really mean lawyer.

I wish I could compartmentalize this. Not doing very well at it.

Aliantha 03-29-2014 06:09 PM

What will be will be Ortho. You can do what you can to expedite things, but most of it is out of your hands either way. It will work out. Leave it to the universe. xxx

Nirvana 03-29-2014 09:03 PM

Let's see our tractor died, then our truck died Thursday and Friday the car went out of commission. Anyone got a horse and cart we can borrow? :neutral: I hope they have the car done Mon or I have no way to work, I feel like that Hee Haw song;
"Gloom ,despair and agony on me, deep dark depression extensive misery if it weren't for bad luck we'd have no luck at all" etc.

and our farm has all the physical characteristics of the Okefenokee swamp without the big snakes and gators :eyebrow:
[/whine]

[wine]

Griff 03-29-2014 10:39 PM

Sorry Nirv.

Aliantha 03-30-2014 10:10 PM

Bummer. Probably lucky you don't have a horse and cart. It'd be hard to dig a hole big enough for the dead horse without a tractor.

monster 03-31-2014 08:55 AM

:dedhorse:

fargon 03-31-2014 07:38 PM

I am having surgery Fri. It is on my nutsack in the same place they operated on in 2004. I spent 2.5 months in the VA Hospital Tomah Wi. after that, I guess that the hidritinits just layed dormant all these years. FUCK!!!

Lola Bunny 03-31-2014 08:10 PM

Awww.....good luck, Fargon. I hope it goes well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

BigV 03-31-2014 08:31 PM

good luck man. I don't know what that thing is.

monster 03-31-2014 08:43 PM

If you google it, it refers straight back here :lol: it's a form of cellaritis! Good luck with the surgery fargon.

fargon 03-31-2014 09:11 PM

Try Hidradenitis-Suppurativa

BigV 03-31-2014 09:41 PM

I stand by my earlier statement, fargon. I wish you the very best. What I read sounds truly awful. I hope you get as well as you can as fast as you can. Sorry bro.

Clodfobble 03-31-2014 10:19 PM

Sorry, man. Get well soon.

Griff 04-01-2014 05:38 AM

Sorry man, be well.

footfootfoot 04-01-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 895728)
good luck man. I don't know what that thing is.

It's just above the taint, V. If you get to the pecker, you've gone too far.

footfootfoot 04-01-2014 07:39 AM

fargon, that should be in "What's bumming your stones?"

orthodoc 04-01-2014 10:06 PM

Sorry, fargon. I hope it goes better this time.

Aliantha 05-18-2014 11:10 PM

Whats bumming my stone?

Life. I am so tired of the struggle. So over it.

sexobon 05-19-2014 12:33 AM

Life is your cupcake.

Aliantha 05-19-2014 02:58 AM

haha...my cupcakes make me happy. Unfortunately, I can't spend all day doing that yet. I haven't built up a big enough audience, and I haven't quite got my home kitchen license either, so just waiting for that before I really start marketing myself.

Just kids and stuff. It just goes on and on. The little ones have been sick off and on lately. There's a whole pile of bugs flying around town and all the kids are sharing them at school. Oldest boy crashed his car on good friday, so it's off the road till some cheap parts come up which means he's sharing my car. Second son wants to buy a car, but he's not listening to good advice. Husband is the same as always. Just treading water there.

Maybe my cupcake empire will take off and I'll have some financial freedom. Then I will do what I like with my life instead of having to ask fucking permission.

footfootfoot 05-19-2014 07:32 AM

Yes, but do your cupcakes bring all the boys to your yard?

Lola Bunny 05-19-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliantha (Post 899273)
Whats bumming my stone?

Life. I am so tired of the struggle. So over it.

I hear ya. Compare to your life, I'm sure mine is just a bump, but I'm ready to leave it.

limey 05-19-2014 03:38 PM

No, no, no. No leave it. Please.

Sent by thought transference

Aliantha 05-19-2014 11:28 PM

Lola, we all have our struggles. It's never a good idea to compare them with others. I have a good idea of how downtrodden you must feel. I know your Mum is pretty hard on your, and i think your sister follows suit a lot, and they expect you to be the one to fill in all the gaps that they don't have time for. You must feel used and totally abused a lot of the time. I don't think I could continue to live in the same house with them to be honest. I would just pack my stuff and go. It's a shame your Mother would probably see you as the bad daughter for doing so, even though you have every right to live your own life. Oh yes, I can just imagine how shitful things are for you a lot of the time. I could not live your life.

There are good things about my life. I just get down sometimes. I have come to the realisation that I'm not getting back what I've put into my marriage, but that will just have to wait.

Maybe I'll just have a holiday fling and get myself some romance. That might solve everything. Only thing is, when do I have time for a holiday? hahaha

Lola Bunny 05-21-2014 11:31 AM

Ali: Thanks for all your kind words. That is so nice of you to care, care enough to say something to someone like me, who hardly ever says anything nice or caring to anyone much here. I'm okay, really. If I could, I would move out, like when I was 18. I'm stuck, and I must learn how to deal with my life. I guess I was just whining. My mom isn't so bad these days, and my sister is pitching in more than she has been lately. I just hope after my mom's knee heals, my mom won't start nagging again and my sister would continue to help with the house chores. I'm just tired, very tired. And not sleeping well doesn't help. :(

Anyways, I'm okay. Thanks. :D

DanaC 05-21-2014 11:50 AM

Quote:

care enough to say something to someone like me, who hardly ever says anything nice or caring to anyone much here.
That's nonsense - you often say lovely and caring things to people in here. I think of you as a very gentle and caring person.

Lola Bunny 05-21-2014 12:27 PM

Thanks, Dana. I guess since I don't reply much anymore that I feel I've come across as uncaring. When I can, I do try stalk on everyone as much as I can. :lol:

wolf 05-22-2014 01:10 AM

Water emergency. The water treatment plant lost pressure so the bad stuff backflowed into the good stuff. They think they might have it fixed by the weekend.

I am impacted at both work and home. I can flush the toilet, but can't do laundry, wash dishes in the dishwasher, brush my teeth, or shower if there is any chance of getting any water in my eyes or in contact with any mucus membrane or open cut.

Any tap water I use has to be boiled first, so at least coffee is still possible.

I don't think work will be cool with my idea of using bacardi silver to brush my teeth. Claiming that mojito is the newest flavor from Crest probably won't work.

The Dept of Health has shut down all food prep in the area. No takeout. No drive thru. On the upside, the rehab bought subs outside the contamination zone for everybody, patients and staff. I think tomorrow will be pizza. There is a rumor that we will be getting a water Buffalo, but no one has seen it yet. The two medical hospitals have tankers hooked into their mains. The junkies don't get that kind of service. Oh, and all of the coffee makers have been removed. There is panic in the streets.

BigV 05-22-2014 01:35 AM

O. Shit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 899464)
Water emergency. The water treatment plant lost pressure so the bad stuff backflowed into the good stuff. They think they might have it fixed by the weekend.

--snip--

Oh, and all of the coffee makers have been removed. There is panic in the streets.

for you wolf: no water needed.

wolf 05-22-2014 01:52 AM

Not that brand, but I have a bag of them in the kitchen ...

Lola Bunny 05-22-2014 04:48 AM

Can't fall back to sleep. :-(

Griff 05-22-2014 05:54 AM

I hope they resolve your water issue sooner not later. That is an awful hit for little restaurants. Any excuse for the chocolate covered beans though.

Hope you get some sleep Lola.

Lola Bunny 05-25-2014 08:47 PM

It's rather sad when I want to talk to someone and realized there's no one I could call. I need to make more friends. :(

sexobon 05-26-2014 01:07 AM

The thing is, when friends want to talk to someone they may call you. Perhaps the tradeoff isn't worth it for you.

Gravdigr 05-26-2014 12:28 PM

I want a pizza, but, I'm poor.

footfootfoot 05-26-2014 12:56 PM

backflow preventer?

monster 05-28-2014 08:42 PM

Cancer

A long, long time ago, I came to the US from Britain. And I was pregnant and culture shocked. And I found an internet bulletin board for British Expats.

A few years later a guy in California found it. Weird guy. into photography, cars and horses. Had an animal or two, vehemently anti reproduction, but had a wife who he cherished and loved and who was in everything he said and everything he did. they guy could be a bit of a dick, but his love for her surpassed everything. They went through fibroids and all sorts of horrible things and he documented it all and his love shone through all the while.

The bulletin board turned forum became defunct several years ago, but many of us are still in touch and some are friends on facebook. I put him on "quiet" mode a while back (because he could be a bit of a dick), but learned through our mutual expat friends that his beloved Emily died from cancer this morning. :cry: I never met her, but she seemed so vivacious and someone who is anyone's reason for living should not get cancer and die. No-one should get cancer and die. Stupid fucking disease.

glatt 05-28-2014 09:07 PM

Sorry monster. :(

infinite monkey 05-28-2014 09:40 PM

I feel that for my dad, monster. How in the hell is it fair that someone he loved so much, who loved him so much...they sustained each other. How is it fair that he is now without her? He's doing ok, but his pain is evident. I'm proud of him, but that pain is undeniable. I feel it too. Too too much, every single day. I miss my mama and there's nothing I can do to change that.

I'm sorry for your friend's pain. Maybe that you feel it too for him helps in some way. I think that's how we get through it. To recognize that horrible feeling...not easy for anyone, yet we all share it somehow. Because we are left with those who care about us.

Fuck fucking cancer.

Love you, monster.

Griff 05-29-2014 05:46 AM

fuck cancer

Clodfobble 05-29-2014 06:15 AM

Sorry monster. :(

fargon 05-29-2014 08:12 AM

Fuck cancer, sorry monster.

limey 05-29-2014 11:45 AM

Fuck cancer.

Sent by thought transference

Gravdigr 05-29-2014 01:50 PM

I've always found it very odd that we can be so affected/effected (?) by the death of someone we've never really actually met.

And fuck cancer.

DanaC 05-29-2014 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 900038)
I've always found it very odd that we can be so affected/effected (?) by the death of someone we've never really actually met.

And fuck cancer.

(affected)

Yeah. Strange how that happens.

And, yeah: fuck cancer.

orthodoc 05-30-2014 08:40 AM

Fuck cancer.

xoxoxoBruce 05-30-2014 12:57 PM

At every opportunity.

Gravdigr 06-04-2014 04:40 PM

If you ain't bummed yet, Ima bum your stone now:

The Bruce Springsteen song "Born In The U.S.A." is thirty years old today. And it's original title was "You Died In Vietnam".

Now I feel old. And confused.

footfootfoot 06-06-2014 12:23 PM

Most people never listen to lyrics. It's not a particularly happy song with either title.

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2014 12:30 PM

Disappointing Jersey didn't adopt it as their state song just because somebody stopped to read them. :haha:

glatt 06-06-2014 01:27 PM

I remember when the Republicans were using it for a while at political rallies, before someone clued them in to the lyrics.

Lola Bunny 06-06-2014 04:17 PM

I've been abusing my stomach and it finally protested. Bad stomachache this morning. I tried gagging myself for the darn food or whatever causing the pain to go out but it wouldn't. I had to lie there and endure until it finally came up, which as the coconut water I drank with the sweet roll I ate for breakfast. :( Slept some then more pain because tummy was empty and hungry. Sigh....toast and some warm water. Slept some more until the kids left the bedroom door open and the noise woke me up. Stomach finally settled so I ate more toast and more warm water. I have a sensitive stomach, so I didn't want it to get angry at me anymore. :thepain3: Later I ate some white rice and soy sauce, but I stupidly used the one that's spicy. Yummy but now my stomach is upset with me again. I have a bad headache and tight shoulders but I'm afraid of drinking ibuprofen because my stomach is rather empty and it will definitely protest loudly again. Sigh.....:thepain3:

lumberjim 06-06-2014 04:23 PM

sounds like you need a nice back rub and some warm ginger ale. i'll be right over

Lola Bunny 06-06-2014 05:51 PM

a back rub and warm ginger ale? that does sound nice! :D

xoxoxoBruce 06-06-2014 06:09 PM

Sounds like you should see a doctor, you may be working on an ulcer from stress. :(

Lola Bunny 06-07-2014 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 900998)
Sounds like you should see a doctor, you may be working on an ulcer from stress. :(

I'm looking for one right now. I haven't had a check-up forever and now that I'm getting older, I really should get a thorough check-up. My stomach pain is probably as a result to my mental state these days, I guess, if what you're saying is right. As you know, I haven't been able to sleep well and my lost of appetite affects how I eat too. Thus, the abuse to my stomach -- not eating much or at all.

Gravdigr 06-08-2014 06:06 PM

You need a nice, tall glass of Gravdigr.

It'll set ya right.:yesnod:

footfootfoot 06-09-2014 06:53 AM

Lola, your stomach sounds like the way mine felt for the two weeks prior to my wedding. Even water would give me heartburn.

Should have taken the hint...

BigV 06-09-2014 09:13 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lola Bunny (Post 900988)
I've been abusing my stomach and it finally protested. Bad stomachache this morning. I tried gagging myself for the darn food or whatever causing the pain to go out but it wouldn't. I had to lie there and endure until it finally came up, which as the coconut water I drank with the sweet roll I ate for breakfast. :( Slept some then more pain because tummy was empty and hungry. Sigh....toast and some warm water. Slept some more until the kids left the bedroom door open and the noise woke me up. Stomach finally settled so I ate more toast and more warm water. I have a sensitive stomach, so I didn't want it to get angry at me anymore. :thepain3: Later I ate some white rice and soy sauce, but I stupidly used the one that's spicy. Yummy but now my stomach is upset with me again. I have a bad headache and tight shoulders but I'm afraid of drinking ibuprofen because my stomach is rather empty and it will definitely protest loudly again. Sigh.....:thepain3:

Like this stuff? It's delicious!

Attachment 48027

Lola Bunny 06-09-2014 09:17 AM

1 Attachment(s)
No, this...
Attachment 48028