The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Legislative Branch has no oversight responsibility over the White House. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13643)

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 327802)
Please read what you've written as if it is 1933.

The reason it is different from 1933 is that people are willing to stand up for everybodies' rights, not just their own. The Bush administration got in the fear business after 911 and started to roll back Constitutionaly protected rights. They are being stopped. If you are still scared, get a dog.

Once again, I am not afraid of anything because I know that some really dedicated people are out there doing the good work hunting down the people who want to harm us. I will not support hamstringing their good work.

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 08:48 AM

Oh, and I have 4 dogs.

Griff 03-29-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327808)
Oh, and I have 4 dogs.

It appears you need a bigger one.

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 327810)
It appears you need a bigger one.

Bigger is not always better. :shotgun::shocking:

:D :D

Happy Monkey 03-29-2007 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327807)
Once again, I am not afraid of anything because I know that some really dedicated people are out there doing the good work hunting down the people who want to harm us. I will not support hamstringing their good work.

So why not eliminate warrants altogether? Or is the NSA the only organization made up entirely of saints, requiring no oversight?

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 327876)
So why not eliminate warrants altogether? Or is the NSA the only organization made up entirely of saints, requiring no oversight?

Makes no difference to me, really I don't care. The NSA should not be feared by the American public.

Happy Monkey 03-29-2007 10:26 AM

OK, so you just don't see a need for the concept of a warrant. I guess that's as far as this conversation can go.

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 10:31 AM

April's uncle used to work for the NSA in the 80s. Then he flipped out when his wife left him and disappeared. Apparently, the FBI and CIA came here looking for him. Eventually, they found him on the side of a road in Virginia, naked, his car ablaze. He now collects disability and lives in a small apartment near April's mom's house.

piercehawkeye45 03-29-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327807)

What makes you think they want to hurt us? A good versus evil world is just an illusion. If they do anything to hurt us it is probably because we did something very bad to them.

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by piercehawkeye45 (Post 327903)
What makes you think they want to hurt us? A good versus evil world is just an illusion. If they do anything to hurt us it is probably because we did something very bad to them.

Haven't travelled much have you.
:rolleyes:

If that is your fantasy world of the nice big old world have at it.

Undertoad 03-29-2007 10:44 AM

What an awesome way to collect disability! That's using yer head.

Naked is good, too, that way when they take you, they won't shoot you thinking you're concealing something.

The car fire seems a bit over the top though.

glatt 03-29-2007 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 327888)
OK, so you just don't see a need for the concept of a warrant. I guess that's as far as this conversation can go.

He will change his tune when the Executive branch flips back to the Democrats. Then it will be like the old days when all you heard about was the horrors of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

TheMercenary 03-29-2007 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glatt (Post 327913)
He will change his tune when the Executive branch flips back to the Democrats. Then it will be like the old days when all you heard about was the horrors of Ruby Ridge and Waco.

I don't see how that fits into a discussion of warrentless searches. I would bet that they had all thier ducks in a row... well at least until that sniper shot and killed the mother holding her baby or the match was lit. :eek:

piercehawkeye45 03-29-2007 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327910)
Haven't travelled much have you.
:rolleyes:

If that is your fantasy world of the nice big old world have at it.

No, I haven't traveled much but I know, except for rare cases, people won't attack me as long as I repect them and their culture.

Also, how does traveling have any relevance to people coming here and attacking me at my house?

elSicomoro 03-29-2007 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Undertoad (Post 327911)
What an awesome way to collect disability! That's using yer head.

Naked is good, too, that way when they take you, they won't shoot you thinking you're concealing something.

The car fire seems a bit over the top though.

He wanted to kill himself, so he set the car on fire...but he got scared of the flames.