The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Three True, One False - aka Glatt's Game (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21106)

Sundae 10-04-2009 09:01 AM

I'll go with Thor. No reason other than I like his name and his attitude, regardless of the facts.

monster 10-04-2009 03:15 PM

I think Limey already got that one. i think no-one has Hebe's game in the rain.

limey 10-04-2009 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 599248)
I think Limey already got that one. i think no-one has Hebe's game in the rain.

yup

monster 10-04-2009 10:58 PM

waiting for a taker on the last one......

(going to bed now, I expect the suspense will kill you all.....)

glatt 10-05-2009 07:33 AM

I'll take the last one. Hector is good, but that other swimmer is faster. No way is that true. ;)

Pie 10-05-2009 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pie (Post 599128)
I'll take #4. I'm guessing Hector didn't have a swim practice and soccer on the same day? And the weather in Ann Arbor looked shitty today.

Okay, this time, I'm sure (I think) that I did take that last one... Did I screw up again? (or does Monster have me on Ignore??)

glatt 10-05-2009 08:28 AM

Aw crap. That's my mistake. She said the "last one" and I thought she meant the fourth one, not the remaining one.

I'll take Hebe's game in the rain.

monster 10-05-2009 06:16 PM

yes I meant the one remaining one, Hebe's game in the rain which is the RIGHT ANSWER!

All three kids had a swim meet which we had to fit everything else around. Hector was going to leave early to get to his game, but it was a breaststroke meet and that's his best stroke so he stayed, swam his last event then ran like hell to the soccer game which he then found was cancelled even though it was sunny and all other games in the city were on. Hebe had played earlier in the rain, but I did not see that game because I took Thor to his hockey game at the same time, and he did me proud :lol:.

Your floor, glatt:

Sundae 10-06-2009 07:33 AM

I'm beginning to think Glatt is cheating.
Hang on, he owns the game - Glatt are you changing the rules every round?

(j/k because... I realised years later that my Dad did this with pretty much every game we played because my bro was 4 years younger and would throw a tantrum if he was too far behind. Surprising how many sub-clauses there were in the rules for Monopoly, Ludo and Snakes & Ladders in our house. I only found out when I embarrassed myself at friends' houses by getting annoyed at the fact they weren't playing "properly". One of the rules in every game was that if you had to know and invoke the rule or it didn't count. So if your opponent didn't know, "Land on Mayfair, move on three spaces because you also landed on Regent Street" then it's their loss. Crafty crafty Dad.)

glatt 10-06-2009 07:51 AM

No. I'm not cheating. Although I do occasionally cheat when playing games with my kids so that I can make one of the kids who has lost numerous rounds in a row finally win one. When I'm able to anyway.

Ok. So, on with the game...

Because the day has just begun, I'll do yesterday.

Yesterday,

1. I found out that the attractive Norwegian speaking woman we were considering hiring took another job immediately after interviewing here. We lost her.

2. I saw 3 bunnies on my walk home from the Metro.

3. I was tossing a soccer ball to a visiting kid in our back yard, practicing headers, and I nailed her in the nose.

4. While taking out the garbage, I had to toss the neighbor kid's basketball back over the fence to him twice.

monster 10-06-2009 07:58 AM

I'll take 3. I think you didn't nail her on the nose -you got basketball kid. deliberately.

Pie 10-06-2009 08:47 AM

2. It was only two bunnies.

Sundae 10-06-2009 10:08 AM

I knew you couldn't cheat at this game, but it confirms my suspicions of Dads at least! Oh, that's reminded me of a polygamy thread I wanted to start.

ANYWAY.
Norwegian for me.

jinx 10-06-2009 12:02 PM

4. You kept the basketball.

glatt 10-06-2009 03:17 PM

It was the bunnies! I saw none.

Pie, you win.

There are always a ton of bunnies around in the spring and early summer, and then they become scarce as the season goes on. Don't know if predators are getting them, or if they are getting better at hiding as they get older.