The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Parenting (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=30)
-   -   Funny/Embarrassing things they say (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=7842)

Gravdigr 05-12-2016 04:16 PM

42 Creepy AF Things Kids Said To Their Parents

#29.

monster 05-27-2016 03:47 PM

So I was standing in line at the grocery store with the weirdest of my kids and at one particularly weird moment I said "Son, you are doing me a frighten". Without a breath, he said "Bork! Bork! Bork!" I didn't show him that one. No doubting his parentage.

xoxoxoBruce 05-27-2016 04:15 PM

Never questioned his, it's yours that makes me ponder. Which planet? Which dimension? :haha:

Gravdigr 05-28-2016 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 961112)
"Bork! Bork! Bork!"

:D

monster 06-11-2016 11:20 PM

Thor has been on facebook for about 18 months now. But this may be his first real post:

Really annoyed about the linguistically insensitive "nose blind" term in Febreeze commercials. The correct terms go as follows.
Hyposmia [high-POSE-mee-ah] is a reduced ability to detect odors.
Anosmia [ah-NOSE-mee-ah] is the complete inability to detect odors. In rare cases, someone may be born without a sense of smell, a condition called congenital anosmia.
Parosmia [pahr-OZE-mee-ah] is a change in the normal perception of odors, such as when the smell of something familiar is distorted, or when something that normally smells pleasant now smells foul.
Phantosmia [fan-TOES-mee-ah] is the sensation of an odor that isn’t there.
Get some English, Febreeze

He is 14

monster 06-11-2016 11:22 PM

There are tears coming out of my eyes. I refuse to say whether they are from laughter or overly-emotional-maternal-pride, but my cheeks are hurting

xoxoxoBruce 06-11-2016 11:36 PM

Holy shit, he doesn't talk like that for real does he? That would get him some strange looks methinks.

Bulletin: This just in from our foreign desks. Proctor & Gamble stock has tumbled on the foreign exchanges, and rumor has it the markets not open for the week yet, are being flooded with put orders. :haha:

Clodfobble 06-12-2016 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xoxoxoBruce (Post 962142)
Holy shit, he doesn't talk like that for real does he? That would get him some strange looks methinks.

Smart irony is prized above all other skills in the Millennial landscape. He'll be their king.

monster 06-12-2016 07:35 AM

Yes, he does talk like that.

infinite monkey 06-12-2016 10:17 AM

Having dined with this family fairly recently I can attest that he does talk like that. He's smart and funny and a great kid to talk to!

xoxoxoBruce 06-12-2016 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 962153)
Yes, he does talk like that.

No wonder Banana Lady loves to visit. :D

monster 06-12-2016 06:37 PM

She never hears him talk because she hands over a stack of Beano comics as she walks through the door and we don't see him again

xoxoxoBruce 06-12-2016 06:41 PM

Ha, ha, ha, Banana Lady is on the ball. :thumb2:

footfootfoot 06-13-2016 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 962139)
Thor has been on facebook for about 18 months now. But this may be his first real post:

Really annoyed about the linguistically insensitive "nose blind" term in Febreeze commercials. The correct terms go as follows.
Hyposmia [high-POSE-mee-ah] is a reduced ability to detect odors.
Anosmia [ah-NOSE-mee-ah] is the complete inability to detect odors. In rare cases, someone may be born without a sense of smell, a condition called congenital anosmia.
Parosmia [pahr-OZE-mee-ah] is a change in the normal perception of odors, such as when the smell of something familiar is distorted, or when something that normally smells pleasant now smells foul.
Phantosmia [fan-TOES-mee-ah] is the sensation of an odor that isn’t there.
Get some English, Febreeze

He is 14

What is an exceptional sense of smell? hyperosmia?

monster 06-13-2016 08:50 PM

unfortunate, when you live around here....