The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   critter diseases (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6551)

garnet 08-19-2004 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jane_says
No, She's a crazy bitch. Her principles are ridiculous. Her comments are asinine. And so are yours. I will not waste any more of my time with this nonsense. You're being deliberately inflammatory, talking out your ass about things that you know nothing about. You are making up bullshit about what your employer stands for, what they believe and what their intentions are.
I'm off to kick a puppy.

Gosh, it sounds like someone has some anger issues. Have you tried therapy yet, sweetheart? Maybe you should look into it.

Like I said, PETA and PETA's President could care less what people like you think. PETA has over 800,000 members, and those people (and the hundreds that join everyday) help us out with what we need. The only thing nitwits like you do is make us want to work harder on our causes. So thanks for the encouragement, hon. Now go take your meds, and maybe you'll calm down a little.

Brigliadore 08-19-2004 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by garnet
I stand corrected. I wasn't aware of that, and I appreciate your bringing it to my attention in a respectable manner. For my own info, would you mind posting that Asociated Press link for me? I don't believe PETA has OK'd CO2 for euthanasia of cats and dogs, I think it's just for use on fur farms, for chickens, etc. I'd really like to know. Thanks!

Based on the limited reading I have done (on the USDA sites and some of the AVMA sites plus a few others) and what my vet told me, its not an acceptable method for dogs and cats. I have read it being ok for small rodents (guinea pigs, mice, rats, hamsters, etc) but my vet told me never to use the CO2 chamber to put down a rabbit (not like I had planned to). Something about a rabbits lungs being very sensitive and that it actually causes pain to rabbits and takes an hour to kill them. Haven't heard if its ok for chickens so I am not sure on that. I also have never seen it mentioned as an approved way of putting down ferrets (not that I have really looked) so I am not sure about them either.

xoxoxoBruce 08-19-2004 07:07 PM

Quote:

Then don't give it them. BTW, all the animal rights orgs share mailing lists, if you're on one, you're most likely on them all. Why don't you ask PETA to take you off their list? I can give you the link if it's really that important to you. But somehow I have the feeling it's not.

by all means put up the link. I've written twice to no avail. :)

Cyber Wolf 08-20-2004 06:39 AM

Quote:

None of these are actual CREDIBLE news sites. Go to CNN.com, ABC.com, etc. or any LEGITIMATE site and see what you find about PETA.

In all fairness, if none of these better funded news sites ever hears of or picks up a story, you won't find anything about it there. It's possible that CNN and ABC never ran with it. Even if PETA went to them with a statement, it depends on what else is going on in the world whether or not they run the story. The Olympics, Federal developments, war developments and presidential campaign developments are trumping just about everything else at the moment. And after the feds, the war and the pres. race, there's very little time left on the standard 30 minute broadcast for anything else. And if they do run it, they will make edits to allot for time, they'll paraphrase or take snippets of quotes. I guess the bottom line is, even with these news sites, it's difficult for the viewer to get a good line on a story that isn't part of the public focus right now.

Admittedly, I haven't looked at all those sites, mainly because I'm at work and have to budget my 'playtime' on the web, but (and this question is for anyone, not just Garnet) does it appear that these quotes were taken from an issued statement? Or were they noted during a speech or rally or taken from a personal interview?