The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Three True, One False - aka Glatt's Game (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=21106)

Clodfobble 10-02-2009 10:13 PM

HA!

Today I...

1.) Spun my daughter on the merry-go-round for 15 minutes nonstop.
2.) Watched a pill break the pill crusher, instead of the other way around
3.) Had to toss out my son's very first birthday party invitation, because the food, cake and ice cream will not be GFCF.
4.) Re-confirmed through a barely edible dinner that I just don't like polenta, no matter how many different ways I try to cook it.

monster 10-02-2009 10:31 PM

I think you didn't throw out the invitation. Or at least I hope you didn't and found some way to allow him to attend and avoid the food.

jinx 10-02-2009 10:33 PM

Loves the polenta.

Sundae 10-03-2009 05:28 AM

1) spun the daughter.

You just did it until she was sick (approx 5 minutes)

Pie 10-03-2009 08:54 AM

Pill crusher?

Clodfobble 10-03-2009 11:35 AM

1.) Spun my daughter on the merry-go-round for 15 minutes nonstop. - TRUE: Kids with proprioceptive sensory issues don't get dizzy. They can spin and spin forever.
2.) Watched a pill break the pill crusher, instead of the other way around - TRUE: Stupid pill crusher.
3.) Had to toss out my son's very first birthday party invitation, because the food, cake and ice cream will not be GFCF. - FALSE: The party food will be GFCF!
4.) Re-confirmed through a barely edible dinner that I just don't like polenta, no matter how many different ways I try to cook it. - TRUE: I really want to, but I just can't get used to the idea of gelatinous corn.

Monnie wins again!

Sundae 10-03-2009 11:54 AM

I think polenta is grim too. I have to add so much to it, it might as well not be an ingredient in the first place.
Kinda like cassava.

Pie 10-03-2009 12:29 PM

Huh. We had polenta (aka cornmeal mush) for breakfast -- topped with a little fried crumbled salami, a fried egg, some hot sauce.

:yum:

Clodfobble 10-03-2009 01:18 PM

I have this feeling that if I had authentic polenta, I would like it. Like the consistency of oatmeal, I imagine. But the only kind available to me is the pre-cooked kind that comes in a plastic tube, and it's quite firm. I've tried baking it, I've tried slicing and frying it, I've tried crumbling it up and heating it with additional liquid, and it still always reminds me of corn jello.

Sundae 10-03-2009 02:07 PM

Clod, trust me. I've bought authentic polenta twice (we used to have a significant Italian population in town, although it's dimished now) and I simply couldn't find a way to enjoy it.

Given a packet was about 12 portions - I was also cooking for a husband and friends at the time - I gave it plenty of chances. Okay, this was pretty much pre-internet, or at least pre casual-browsing, but I did about everything to it except stuff it up my snatch.

The only time I liked it was when it was garlicked & cheesed & Tabascoed to buggery.
On a plate I mean.

monster 10-03-2009 04:34 PM

ooooooooh! I winned.

Hmmmm.

gimme a few minutes.....

monster 10-03-2009 04:40 PM

Today I

watched Hebe's soccer game in the rain
didn't watch Hector's soccer game in the sun because it was cancelled due to the weather
watched with pride as Thor played his first hockey game with his new team
watched Hector out-touch a swimmer who is usually faster than him in the freestyle

I'm being tricksy here, I warn you........

Pie 10-03-2009 05:45 PM

I'll take #4. I'm guessing Hector didn't have a swim practice and soccer on the same day? And the weather in Ann Arbor looked shitty today.

jinx 10-03-2009 07:18 PM

I'll take #2, Hector's game.

limey 10-04-2009 05:56 AM

I'll take no3 ... because Pie says the weather was crap down your way on the day in question!