The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Quality Images and Videos (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Pictures you didn't take (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24929)

classicman 12-10-2016 12:26 PM

Looks staged - know any more about it?

xoxoxoBruce 12-10-2016 01:43 PM

Nope, but I'm sure it is.

Gravdigr 12-10-2016 03:20 PM

A force great enough to bury the front tire like that on impact would have resulted in a totally mangled bike.

Also, it's defying gravity.

captainhook455 12-11-2016 11:20 AM

Gravs I imagine the front wheel is not buried in that hard dirt. Notice the other dirt bike tracks. They disappear to the left of the body. The bike obviously has no front end is balanced on the frame or propped up on the other side. The body most likely is a mannequin as there is no sign of a shit trail from his butt to his ankles.
Ok gravdigr find me some more bike pictures. Please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top please.

tarheel

Gravdigr 12-11-2016 02:35 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by captainhook455 (Post 976116)
Gravs I imagine the front wheel is not buried in that hard dirt. Notice the other dirt bike tracks. They disappear to the left of the body. The bike obviously has no front end is balanced on the frame or propped up on the other side. The body most likely is a mannequin as there is no sign of a shit trail from his butt to his ankles.
Ok gravdigr find me some more bike pictures. Please, pretty please, pretty please with sugar on top please.

tarheel

Yeah I was agreeing with Classicman that it was a staged scene.

Also, I didn't find that one, but here's a couple I had handy in the archive:

I give you the 2017 Moto Guzzi MGX-21 Flying Fortress (man, that's a mouthful):

Attachment 58813

And, some rigid air:

Attachment 58814

Gravdigr 12-11-2016 02:38 PM

Those tons of carbon fiber on the Guzzi are not faux, btw, Motorcyclist magazine said that's the real thing, but for ~$21k, I don't see how.

captainhook455 12-11-2016 08:05 PM

If it wasn't for the red it might not be bad. I had a 750 back in the day. She sounded so good to guch the throttle. First thing you know I was doing 100 in the 55. Ha ha. I rode about everything. Some I owned some not. I did the gold wing thing. When my radio crapped out I put four Jardine straight pipes on it. What? When xm came along I put mufflers back on and a 150w amp in the saddle bag. Then there was a Suzuki cruiser and it was a great bike, but I felt it was a imitation Harley. So I bought a Harley. I have done a lot of riding, but I had a 20 year stint where I didn't ride. No I wasn't raising children. I didn't get married the first time till I was 38. I was screwing everything that was fixed or an IUD or maybe I had a low sperm count that day. The ladies like nice cars and I had to have a nice apartment. Ah those were the days my friend. I wished they'd never end....... things didn't get really good until I met my second wife. This is when I started riding again. See if it wasn't for the Harley I would have never met Jim and then I never would have met you guys and the cellar.

tarheel

Gravdigr 12-12-2016 11:30 AM

I had an uncle whose son had gotten a HD, and Uncle rode it one day. He ran out two tanks of gas before he brought it back. Like a week later he asked son to take him down to the HD dealer. He had bought himself a bike so they could ride together. He was getting on one afternoon,when the bike leaned over a little too far, and, trying to save it, Uncle was flung over the bike, the bike went down (not real bad), and Uncle said "Maybe this ain't for me.", and gave the bike to the boy.

Uncle was 79 when he bought that bike, his first ever. He's still going strong, btw, turns 90 in a couple months.

captainhook455 12-13-2016 09:27 AM

Some people know how to handle a Harley and some don't.http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c761fa07df.jpg

tarheel

xoxoxoBruce 12-13-2016 09:45 AM

PA plate.

glatt 12-13-2016 10:41 AM

I'm fascinated by shit like this. Clearly he's an idiot, but his brain somehow thinks what he is doing is just fine. How did he arrive at that conclusion?

The frame of reference of a moving vehicle is that it feels stationary,and it's the world that is going by. So in his mind, he's just getting comfortable on his "stationary" bike. I've heard that for a lot of people who get in accidents, after the accident, they have a really hard time getting back into that feeling of sitting in a "stationary" vehicle. They are painfully aware that they a hurling through space at very high speed and that high forces are involved. It freaks them out and they have a hard time getting back in the groove of driving.

But this guy, sheesh.

Gravdigr 12-13-2016 03:55 PM

After I've been playing racing games on PS3, I worry that, while driving IRL, I'll lapse into 'race mode' and attempt to power slide Grand Cherokee One through a 35 mph curve at 110.

captainhook455 12-14-2016 06:49 AM

On a two lane road we put a lot of faith into the oncoming drivers ability to stay in their lane.

tarheel

xoxoxoBruce 12-28-2016 07:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Tired of it all, politics, the news, your family? Run away and join the circus.

xoxoxoBruce 01-03-2017 08:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ukrainian traffic lights...