The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   DO YOU SMOKE POT? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=4801)

xoxoxoBruce 02-01-2004 10:25 PM

Quote:

One of the first things that people assume when I make statements like that is that they are absolutes. I know that they are not.
I never assume that what anyone says is absolute, including myself.
Quote:

Another is that there is a difference between standards and rules.
The difference is the method people use to try to make you follow them, that's all.
Quote:

And, in addition, I am most decidedly NOT a team player. I only expect myself to come close to my standards. I got tired of being disappointed in people.
I have no way of knowing what or who you are. I only know what you say in your posts. That's why I said "you sound like......"

Kitsune 02-03-2004 09:46 AM

A question for those of you who do smoke pot: where do you get it? Is there a guy that hangs out under the street lamp on the corner that passes it to you on Wednesdays at 2am? Do you grow it in your basement with twenty lamps with full spectrum bulbs and may be found trimming them with the care that one takes in crafting a bonsai tree? Maybe you find an old van, coat it in "fiberweed" and attempt to cross the border and then the exhaust causes it to catch fire at the worst possible time...

I'm not looking to pick some up (no, really I'm not) but I am curious. Every so often we would hear of a friend that had a massive stash and I had to wonder where the hell they picked something like that up. It can't be easy.

Pi 02-03-2004 10:03 AM

I never did it and I never will... But a lot of my friends do smoke... I think over here, it's quite easy. Drive down to Amsterdam or Maastrich where smoking weed is legal, get some extra, mix it up with Oregano or something like that and sell it in your neighbourhood.
I think if you really want some, you will recognize the dealers...

jinx 02-03-2004 10:07 AM

But you have to know the secret handshake....

lumberjim 02-03-2004 10:11 AM

they sell it in the mini markets over here, pi. it's great.

Pi 02-03-2004 10:24 AM

I hope there's a little bit of sarcasm in your answer Lumberjim... Actually I think it's not a so great idea to tolerate smoking pot. There are enough drugs on the legal market

lumberjim 02-03-2004 10:36 AM

I wish i had time to argue that point with you, but im too busy today at work.....can someone sub for me?

legalize it, don;t criticize it

Lady Sidhe 02-03-2004 01:10 PM

Sure, lumberjim ;)

See my post, page three...lol

Sidhe

Pi 02-03-2004 04:11 PM

Oh please...
I am a stubborn, conservative and ignorant man who has his own opinion about some things so don't try to convince be... I know that weed is healthier than alcohol and tobacco and so on...
But sorry, I won't change my mind

Lady Sidhe 02-03-2004 06:37 PM

I wasn't trying to change your mind. Think however you want. Everyone has his own opinion. *shrugs*

Sidhe

Uryoces 02-03-2004 06:47 PM

I hit the tail end of this conversation, but I think pot should be decriminalized, not legalized. Slap on the wrist instead of jailtime for something as dangerous as wine, IMO.

headsplice 02-04-2004 10:24 PM

Kitsune:
It's like the rest of life. You just have to know the right people. Finding those people is surprisingly easy, if you know the signs. Hang out with some stoners, and it literally falls out of the sky like rain.
Admittedly, it's stinky, green rain, but nevermind the details.

quzah 02-05-2004 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Uryoces
I hit the tail end of this conversation, but I think pot should be decriminalized, not legalized. Slap on the wrist instead of jailtime for something as dangerous as wine, IMO.
Why shouldn't it be legal? Alcohol is legal. Tobacco is legal. Caffeine is legal. Seriously, other than the fact that the government can't apply a tax on it (got a planter? got some seeds? you can grow it .. much easier than hops or tobacco, thus every day joe can grow it), but for it itself, not the government's effect on it, or lack there of, why not make it legal?

Quzah.

Troubleshooter 02-05-2004 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Uryoces
Guys like these make smokers look bad:

http://www.thestranger.com/2003-11-13/city3.html

SEATTLE'S DUMBEST POTHEADS
Or, How to Get Busted, Post-I-75
Erica Barnett

By passing I-75, the initiative making marijuana possession Seattle cops' "lowest law-enforcement priority," in September, voters handed potheads a pass to indulge in their favorite illicit substance without police interference. Starting in September, Seattle cops were ordered to ignore small-time possession and only arrest dope fiends dumb enough to flaunt their pot use in public.<snip>

Rokko 02-09-2004 01:16 AM

Yea, I do, but hey....

who gives a shit?

Rokko out.