The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   Goodbye, Cruel Cellar (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=11384)

Tin Man 09-08-2006 07:48 AM

Verily milady perceiveth my nature. Truly I am from the Kingdom of Nerdus, broad is mine vision of interests, Tin Man the Eclectic wouldst be a truer naming. From Sea to Star and from Sex to Sounds do I travel with mind and body, and thou spake with clear sight earlier, for my hair is curlier. :)

Trilby 09-08-2006 07:54 AM

Lady Brianna's Intuition never fails her! (excepteth for that oneth time with the Sheriff of Nottingham...oh, let's not speak of it!)

My lord, I am wanted at the Palace of Expensive Knowledge and must flee lest my schoolmaster spank me for insolent tardiness (which, trueth be known, my wicked heart delights in) but keepeth thy thoughts upon the Sounds of Sex and my lord's day shall be the happier for it and his heart lighter. Good morrow!

Tin Man 09-08-2006 08:02 AM

Fare thee well, Brianna (beautiful name, it rolls sensually over my tongue!), I too must depart for my work day endeth. But the vision of you spanked burns into my minds eye and forever will stay there (or at least for the weekend!). I have mountains to climb on the morn (an image of my likeness in my profile shows myself in the Land of Lakes) and visions of Sci of the Fic come the night. Enjoy your weekend milady. .:)

capnhowdy 09-08-2006 08:51 PM

1.800.4MOTEL6

lumberjim 08-17-2007 12:28 AM

why does tin man have no post count or anything?

mitheral 08-17-2007 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 254630)
Clone Threads have titles that sound like existing threads but spoof them. The clones were a point of contention between AGers and some earlier Cellarites.

What's an AGer?

Griff 08-17-2007 06:01 AM

AudioGalaxy was a music site that went belly up. We took in some cast-aways. Hey, when did you show up?

Undertoad 08-17-2007 06:34 AM

tin man was deleted at some point, probably by request.

Flint 08-17-2007 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 375741)
AudioGalaxy was a music site that went belly up. We took in some cast-aways.

AudioGalaxy was down, temporarily. AudioGalaxy had been a community-based file-trading site. You could meet people and discuss music on hundreds of message boards, or join private groups. The music was queued up through the website, but the actual file transfer took place via a separate, small-footprint application.

Somewhere around five years ago, AudioGalaxy was sued by the RIAA. The file-trading stopped, but the community carried on. The owner, Michael, moved on to other commercial projects, but he kept the domain, and kept the site reasonably maintained. He wasn't hovering around, however, to instantly remedy every server hiccup.

To this day, Michael maintains the AudioGalaxy website (for, as best as we can figure, sentimental value). To this day, there are still active message boards on AudioGalaxy.

When AudioGalaxy went down last year, SteveBsjb sent me a link to The Cellar. We launched ourselves on this board in full attention-whore mode. Which I now regret, because the backlash drove away some of the other AGers that came along with us.

Whatever the back-story is; I'm happy to be here. Mr. Undertoad is performing a great service to human culture, by allowing our unhindered meanderings to occupy this little corner of the world. One thing I still find surprising about the Cellar is that whatever you are discussing finds its way onto the first page of Google hits. For instance, Google: syncopation + "beat displacement" ...

Spexxvet 08-17-2007 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flint (Post 375778)
...the backlash drove away some of the other AGers that came along with us.

I miss Cheyenne :sniff:

fargon 08-17-2007 09:13 AM

All hail the living 'toad!!!