The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's mildly irritating you today? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16569)

BigV 10-13-2008 05:09 PM

once decided to clean a laptop keyboard at a jobsite. using a shopvac. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick as a stripe of keycapless keys appeared on the keyboard.

Oops.

I shut down the shopvac, opened it and retrieved the keys. They were plenty clean now. But I had to reattach them to the keyboard. It did not go easily or well.

BigV 10-13-2008 05:14 PM

energy quite low today.

Trilby 10-13-2008 05:52 PM

Ever notice how since I got sober my mother has been going crazy-banana-nuts? well. I have.

classicman 10-13-2008 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 493233)
Ever notice how since I got sober my mother has been going crazy-banana-nuts? well. I have.

You'll notice that in more and more people everyday. lol

Sundae 10-13-2008 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brianna (Post 493233)

I did notice, but I didn't really want to say.
Like about the red things turning up in my poop, when I'm pretty sure I haven't eaten them...

Juniper 10-13-2008 09:30 PM

My tummy hurts, and I don't know why.

It started yesterday morning. Feels like cramps, high up at the top, not down low where you'd think of female-type cramps. Sort of like labor pains, for those of you who have been through that, but again, higher - and I promise, I'm not preggy. :) Pain is bad enough, when it hits, I have to stop what I'm doing and breathe through it.

Yesterday I felt all achy and yucky and slept on and off all day, but I had two exams today so I still had to study a bit. This morning I still felt awful but dragged myself to take those exams.

Tonight I've taken an ibuprofen and feel a little better, but my tummy still hurts - pains hit a little less often, but just as bad. I've made up my mind that I have to get on with my life regardless. I've got a paper due tomorrow, so I'm down in my office finishing it up. (and my printer isn't cooperating...bad ink cartridge...sheesh, can't get a break.)

What the heck? I'm not puking or anything else...just a tummy ache.

Moms aren't allowed to get sick. This bites.

HungLikeJesus 10-13-2008 09:53 PM

Juniper, that sounds exactly like what killed Elvis.

dar512 10-14-2008 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 493227)
once decided to clean a laptop keyboard at a jobsite. using a shopvac. clickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclickclick as a stripe of keycapless keys appeared on the keyboard.

Oops.

I shut down the shopvac, opened it and retrieved the keys. They were plenty clean now. But I had to reattach them to the keyboard. It did not go easily or well.

But it was really clean when you finished, right?

Did you use the brush attachment? That keeps you from getting close enough for that to happen. At least with our vac.

Cloud 10-14-2008 11:44 AM

Heroes. The back-and-forth present/future timeline thing is getting old. Innovative at first, but there's so much of it now there's practically no storyline.

And I hate it when good characters go bad, and the whole season has this theme, supposedly. Boo!

BigV 10-14-2008 11:48 AM

Yes, really, really, really clean, sitting in the sump of the industrial shop vac, the one used around the construction site. Super clean. D'oh!

No, I didn't use the brush attachment, or my brain. I don't think it would have made a difference, though. This thing could loosen a tatoo dar.

classicman 10-14-2008 11:54 AM

I vacuumed the dust out of a computer tower once. Last thing I ever did with that tower. It never worked again. D'oh!

dar512 10-14-2008 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigV (Post 493501)
No, I didn't use the brush attachment, or my brain. I don't think it would have made a difference, though. This thing could loosen a tatoo dar.

Ah. You didn't say you were using a Binford Tools shopvac.

Clodfobble 10-14-2008 03:48 PM

Time Warner Cable is having a spat with our local NBC affiliate. Of course it boils down to money, as it always does, but the end result is we haven't been able to get NBC for weeks. No one in the city can, unless they have DirecTV instead of cable. The only way we can get both Chuck and Heroes is to watch them online, and they don't get posted until a week after the broadcast.

glatt 10-14-2008 04:04 PM

wtf? NBC sends that signal out for free to anyone with an antenna. Why exactly should Time Warner pay one cent to the local affiliate for doing the service of passing it along?

BigV 10-14-2008 04:08 PM

chapped, bloody lips. owie.