The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Arts & Entertainment (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   What are we listening to now? (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=6299)

Undertoad 08-16-2006 08:24 PM

The following songs to audition for a cover band Sunday.

Harder to breathe
Creep
Comfortably Numb
Hard to Handle
Hash Pipe
Rockin in the Free World
Just What I Needed
Tush

Griff 08-16-2006 08:26 PM

Those are some serious covers. Good luck man!

Undertoad 08-16-2006 08:34 PM

Thanks guy, it's been forever trying to get in another act because nobody wants a greying 42 yo for originals and the cover acts are kind of spotty. This one seems promising... the song list is very rock oriented (I really have to bring it) but geared towards playing loud to a lot of drinking, partying people. And that is fine.

Ibby 08-16-2006 10:13 PM

Hope your gittar man is up for it!

cableguy 08-16-2006 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shawnee123
Wow, I thought everyone had finally caught on to the fact that J Ho sucks!
:p

Every now and then I need to remind myself :rolleyes:
---------
Chain Of Fools, from the Commitments Soundtrack

Pangloss62 08-17-2006 10:59 PM

Vinyl

Quote:

There was something about having to get up and flip over the doors or van morrison halfway through that gave us a moment's pause for reflection.
More than just something. Albums forced artists to think about how songs would flow together, how one song would follow another. And that nice "crackling bacon" sound added a tangible reminder of the physicality of the medium. And the tactile and visual pleasure of just holding and looking at the album cover...how can one replace that with a CD or just a naked song on an iPod?

Most audiophiles still swear by vinyl with tube amps. Sweet.:)

Ibby 08-18-2006 02:33 AM

My dad is looking at 1000 dollar amps at the moment, slowly starting to try to build up a sound system for when we leave taiwan.

cableguy 08-18-2006 12:37 PM

Jesse Cook - On Walks The Night

bbro 08-18-2006 01:13 PM

Fall Out Boy, "borrowed" from my older brother

cableguy 08-19-2006 11:34 AM

Tragically Hip - Flamenco

DanaC 08-19-2006 12:36 PM

Quote:

My buddy gave me something like 4700 songs on my eyepod. It's just on shuffle. I'm listening to shuffle.
That really tickled me :P

Undertoad, let us know how your auditions go:) Comfortably Numb is one of my all time favourite songs. "Tight as a tournequet, dry as a funeral drum" what incredible imagery.

Ages ago, I got introduced to a band, via a tape my brother was given. It was such a good album, but the tape warped, and now I can't find this band anywhere. I've tried looking on various filesharing sites, I've asked at the local music shops etc. Has anybody heard of them? They're called "The Colour Blind James Experience". I think they may have been Canadian.

footfootfoot 08-19-2006 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx
Be careful, not too loud...

excerpt:
Quote:

But so-called primary spontaneous pneumothorax happens in the absence of an underlying disease, typically striking, tall, thin, male smokers.
This will come as welcome relief to average looking or ugly, tall, thin, male smokers.

cableguy 08-19-2006 03:36 PM

Pantera - Avoid The Light, from the Dracula 2000 Soundtrack. ANother example of a great soundtrack to a REALLY BAD movie.

cableguy 08-19-2006 04:34 PM

Black Sabbath - Into The Void

Undertoad 08-20-2006 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanaC
Undertoad, let us know how your auditions go:)

Thanx!

They want me back to run through another set with their keyboard player, who couldn't make it for this one. They complimented me on my playing and my tone and my rig. They seem a lot like me. I think this will work out.

They rehearse LOUD AND I WILL NEED TO USE MY CUSTOM EARPLUGS but that's fine.