The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Home Base (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Products I wholeheartedly endorse (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=16635)

wolf 03-21-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skysidhe (Post 642177)
Nice! .... and expensive too.I will wait until some half off sale to eye that set any further.

11 piece set (if you count lids and the massive spoon, slotted spoon and hamburger flipper as pieces) for $146 ($172 with shipping and handling) from QVC ... it was a TSV.

So, it wasn't really all that expensive, per piece, when you consider what it is.

skysidhe 03-21-2010 11:50 AM

True

I'm more inclined to spend 20 or 30 dollars at a time on pieces and it's the same amount of money.sure.

monster 05-11-2010 09:49 PM

Mower: Yard Machine with Briggs and Stratton engine. Starts first time, every time, even after neglectful overwintering. Looks like shit so many bits have been bust off due to my cavalier attitude to where it can fit... but after 10 years, it still started first time.

HungLikeJesus 05-15-2010 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 631299)
microwaves are the work of the devil. look how easy it is to type in 666 on the keypad. and they explode eggs which we all know are representative of the Easter Bunny and therefore Jesus who got a re-erection which makes him a keeper/saver/something like that.

I just bought a microwave slow-cooker. It's a real time saver.

squirell nutkin 05-15-2010 05:30 PM

Then you'll love the microwave fireplace. You can spend and entire evening relaxing in front of the fire in only 20 minutes.

xoxoxoBruce 05-15-2010 05:33 PM

:lol2: you sick bastard.

HungLikeJesus 05-19-2010 11:08 PM

I find shower caps to be very useful. When I'm in a hotel that has one I always take it. They are a multi-purpose tool.

Tulip 05-19-2010 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 657434)
I find shower caps to be very useful. When I'm in a hotel that has one I always take it. They are a multi-purpose tool.

Multi-purpose tool?? What else can you use it for?

Glinda 05-20-2010 02:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 657448)

Covering bowls/dishes of food.

limey 05-20-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 657448)

Portable bowl to give doggie a drink of water.

HungLikeJesus 05-20-2010 07:36 AM

When I have a pair of extra shoes, I put them in a shower cap before packing.

If I'm out with my good camera and it's dusty or rainy, I cover the camera with the shower cap and just lift the front edge to take a picture. These are the thin, clear plastic ones with an elastic band running around the edge. They are small enough to stuff in a small pocket in the camera bag.

You can also put them over your nice, starched hat (military) when it's raining.

wolf 05-20-2010 12:36 PM

Wear 'em while you're painting a ceiling, or doing any kind of work that would dribble on your head, like sanding or plastering or tearing down drywall above you.

monster 05-20-2010 12:40 PM

Spider protection when walking in the woods.

Hobo head carrier.

classicman 05-20-2010 01:52 PM

Cover your bike seat when it may rain - Keeps it dry.

Pie 05-20-2010 01:57 PM

Firefox + noscript + adblock plus + greasemonkey.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh....

HungLikeJesus 05-20-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 657594)

Yes, that too.

Cloud 05-21-2010 10:26 AM

@ Skysidhe: put a drop of Rosemary essential oil on that boar bristle brush and watch your hair shine and smell amazing! especially good for brunettes.

@ Wolf: I hate that hard anodized crap--it never performed well for me. Hope you like yours, though

Tulip 05-21-2010 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glinda (Post 657483)
Covering bowls/dishes of food.

Quote:

Originally Posted by limey (Post 657490)
Portable bowl to give doggie a drink of water.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 657499)
When I have a pair of extra shoes, I put them in a shower cap before packing.

If I'm out with my good camera and it's dusty or rainy, I cover the camera with the shower cap and just lift the front edge to take a picture. These are the thin, clear plastic ones with an elastic band running around the edge. They are small enough to stuff in a small pocket in the camera bag.

You can also put them over your nice, starched hat (military) when it's raining.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 657586)
Wear 'em while you're painting a ceiling, or doing any kind of work that would dribble on your head, like sanding or plastering or tearing down drywall above you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by monster (Post 657587)
Spider protection when walking in the woods.

Hobo head carrier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by classicman (Post 657594)

:D Never occurred to me to all its uses. Thanks!

HungLikeJesus 05-21-2010 10:41 PM

Now there's going to be a run on shower caps.

Maybe we need a thread "alternative uses for common items."

DangerouslySimple 05-22-2010 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloud (Post 625088)
pubic hair dye. I want a blue kitty! Haven't tried it yet, but will let you know!

http://www.bettybeauty.com/

LOL, have you saw this?

http://www.vajazzling.com/

limey 05-22-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wolf (Post 657586)

:bj:

lumberjim 05-22-2010 11:19 PM

ok, I'll be the one on the left!

Tulip 05-23-2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerouslySimple (Post 657853)
LOL, have you saw this?

http://www.vajazzling.com/

Ohhhh.....I think having one would be super sexy!

Cloud 05-27-2010 09:23 PM

For "a positive cloth diapering experience" BD#2 recommends this thingy, which attaches to your toilet and rinses the poop off:

Diaper sprayer

I suppose you could use it as a cheapo bidet, too. ??

She has also made wool diaper covers, with cloth inserts which snap in. The wool breathes, but doesn't readily absorb liquids, which all goes into the easily cleaned and dried inserts. She says she saves a ton of money on laundry costs.

If anyone is interested, I might be able to get you a deal on some of these professional quality natural fiber diapers, too. :)

HungLikeJesus 05-27-2010 09:34 PM

Isn't it more natural just to let them run around naked until they're about 10?

Cloud 05-27-2010 09:35 PM

too slippery

HungLikeJesus 05-27-2010 09:35 PM

What about a big litter box? Develop their digging skills.

monster 05-27-2010 10:12 PM

you just need these:

and a dora the explorer backpack.

HungLikeJesus 05-28-2010 12:42 AM

Jiffy Pop!

Shawnee123 05-28-2010 09:31 AM

That music cracks me up. It makes you happy about dog poop! :lol:

lumberjim 08-28-2010 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx (Post 433597)
Zappos is unbelievable awesome. Free super fast shipping, both ways. Need an exchange - they send the new pair right out, just get the other ones back to them within 2 weeks. And they have everything.

did this last night... 5 minute phone call at 9:30 pm.... new shoes will be here Tuesday... just send the old ones back within 14 days, we'll email you a UPS label.

I am pleased

Griff 08-28-2010 09:01 AM

Product: Australian Shepard dog.
Good boy Merlin!

lumberjim 08-28-2010 09:11 AM

Oh, and while I'm endorsing... The shoes were good too...

I got Saucony Pro Grid Ride running shoes for walking last August. They lasted me a year. That's a long time when you are the better part of 300 lbs. So I got the same kind (now called Ride 3)

http://www.zappos.com/images/z/1/1/4/1145911-3-2x.jpg

Cloud 08-28-2010 09:22 AM

ah, yeah. Zappos is da bomb. Not the cheapest, but supernaturally fast!

xoxoxoBruce 08-28-2010 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 679019)
Good boy Merlin!

U can haz dog?

Griff 08-28-2010 05:42 PM

i haz güd doggie he can haz earz for lizten

xoxoxoBruce 08-28-2010 06:55 PM

Pics!

Jaydaan 08-28-2010 09:26 PM

We went camping this week, and there were wasps everywhere. When we went to the store to pick up more ice, my hubby found a disposable all in one RAID wasp trap. That sucker was catching wasps before he even put in on the picnic table! It worked for 3 days before it was 1) drying up of the goo inside and 2) so full of wasps they were stacking up inside! It probably caught 60-75 wasps, and was still working when we left. All the wasps left our food and us alone for the most part, it was like a radar to the trap. We will use these again.

Lamplighter 08-29-2010 01:45 PM

ScanCafe: to scan 35 mm (color) slides into digital images

Last winter I looked into buying the equipment to scan 30 years (1300+) of slides into digital (jpg) format,
After a lot of research and comments from others,
I came to the conclusion it would be less expensive, save my time,
and I'd get better quality (color corrected) images going to a professional scanning company.

You send in your slides in any groupings you wish,
They repair, scan, color-correct, and post the digital images in your account on-line in those same groupings.

The thing that makes ScanCafe really different is that you
go through the images on-line to select only the ones you want.
You can reject up to 50% of the scans without penalty,
and you pay for only the scans that you have not rejected.
They send a disc with your selected images in the groupings,
and return your slides in the same groups too.

Really an excellent service !
They had some bad press during early years of start-up, but I feel they have correct those problems. I had no problems with my order.

Currently they are offering 30% off ... PM to me if you want more info. I have no other connection with this company.

Gravdigr 08-31-2010 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've been hearing a lot about ScanCafe lately. I think they just started a media push or something.
_________

Product I endorse: Country Bob's Steak Sauce

monster 08-31-2010 11:28 PM

I second the Saucony endorsement, Just breaking in my second pair. Awesome cushioning. I get mine from DSW

Trilby 09-01-2010 05:34 AM

Simply Lemonade with Raspberry.

Filtered water, sugar, lemon juice, raspberry puree.

Deeeee-lish!

glatt 09-05-2010 01:44 PM

The new "mini" size of the Dairy Queen Blizzard is just right. There's enough there to get your fix, but you don't feel sick when you finish.

Also, the Butterfinger Blizzard is delicious.

That is all.

Cloud 09-05-2010 01:57 PM

ooh, I like the Rasberry Lemonade, too.

Here's my endorsement for today: Panasonic pivoting head facial groomer. Best thing ever to deal with frustrating and embarrassing facial hair.

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-ES21...0&sr=8-1-spell

squirell nutkin 09-05-2010 02:17 PM

Praan:

Stream of Life
by Rabindranath Tagore

The same stream of life that runs through my veins night and day
runs through the world and dances in rhythmic measures.

It is the same life that shoots in joy through the dust of the earth
in numberless blades of grass
and breaks into tumultuous waves of leaves and flowers.

It is the same life that is rocked in the ocean-cradle of birth
and of death, in ebb and in flow.

I feel my limbs are made glorious by the touch of this world of life.
And my pride is from the life-throb of ages dancing in my blood this moment.

Cloud 09-05-2010 02:22 PM

er?

squirell nutkin 09-05-2010 04:17 PM

I wholeheartedly endorse the stream of life. Now available everywhere.

Gravdigr 09-05-2010 04:34 PM

No crossing streams...

wolf 09-06-2010 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 679019)
Good boy Merlin!

Did you get him to herd the goats or the girls?

Griff 09-06-2010 07:06 PM

Pete told him to "stay inside" when she ran outside to catch a loose goat. The basement door was open so he ran downstairs and sat in the doorway watching the proceedings never leaving his assumed post. We've never trained him to do anything, he just reads body language so well it isn't necessary.

HungLikeJesus 09-09-2010 09:17 PM

I have a lot of flashlights, book lights, lanterns, etc. but my favorite is the Fenix P3D. It's small, efficient, has several modes of operation, it's water proof and it has a nice shape. It comes with a sheath and can be used with a lanyard.

It's also good for smacking someone's forehead if necessary.

The only negative thing I can say about it is I wish it had a dimmer dimmest setting.

Pico and ME 09-10-2010 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Griff (Post 680938)
Pete told him to "stay inside" when she ran outside to catch a loose goat. The basement door was open so he ran downstairs and sat in the doorway watching the proceedings never leaving his assumed post. We've never trained him to do anything, he just reads body language so well it isn't necessary.

My Pico is a lot like that. He is so eager to please that he always knows what we mean and want.

Griff 09-11-2010 12:43 PM

Dogs are neat that way. I do sometimes feel bad that I didn't sink some training time into him as he has a ton of potential. I just want a dog who'll bark at strangers and catch frisbees so he's already perfect. :)

Tulip 09-11-2010 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 681523)
I have a lot of flashlights, book lights, lanterns, etc. but my favorite is the Fenix P3D. It's small, efficient, has several modes of operation, it's water proof and it has a nice shape. It comes with a sheath and can be used with a lanyard.

It's also good for smacking someone's forehead if necessary.

The only negative thing I can say about it is I wish it had a dimmer dimmest setting.

I'm sure there are lots of other lights with the dimmer and dimmest setting with similiar specs as the Fenix P3D. There is a wide range of Fenix flashlight line. Have you check out what's the lastest available line yet?

HungLikeJesus 09-12-2010 10:58 AM

I'm currently resisting the temptation, but that's a good idea.

Tulip 09-12-2010 11:57 PM

HLJ: Must you have the Fenix or other brands with similiar specs are fine with you? I can have a look around and make suggestions for you. :D Btw, I just read the review on the P3D from the your link. There's a low/medium/high/SOS setting in the general mode. So, what kind of dimmer and dimmest setting are you talking about?

Gravdigr 09-13-2010 03:36 AM

Quote:

Retail Cost ................................ 59.95 US$ at time of review...
That's actually not real high in this brave new world of expensive flashlights, but, damn.

monster 09-13-2010 07:08 AM

I believe the flashlight beest needs to use for work cost a little more than that.... but it was all made worthwhile when his superior beam impressed the state trooper who arrived to investigate the car crash we found.... :lol:

HungLikeJesus 09-13-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tulip (Post 682045)
HLJ: Must you have the Fenix or other brands with similiar specs are fine with you? I can have a look around and make suggestions for you. :D Btw, I just read the review on the P3D from the your link. There's a low/medium/high/SOS setting in the general mode. So, what kind of dimmer and dimmest setting are you talking about?

I often prefer to have a very dim light. If I'm in my tent on a dark night and I need to go outside for a few minutes, I just want a little bit of light to find my shoes and the zippers on the tent. The Fenix, even in it's dim setting, is a little too bright.

I also have a Surefire, but that only has one setting (it's a G2, I think), and it's very bright.

I have a Glo-toob FX in amber, and that has a lot of settings, but it's better as a lantern than as a flashlight.

http://www.glo-toob.com/Images/FXpic.gif

I know, I'm picky.

Tulip 09-13-2010 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravdigr (Post 682066)
That's actually not real high in this brave new world of expensive flashlights, but, damn.

It's actually an affordable price for a good light. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungLikeJesus (Post 682095)
I often prefer to have a very dim light. If I'm in my tent on a dark night and I need to go outside for a few minutes, I just want a little bit of light to find my shoes and the zippers on the tent. The Fenix, even in it's dim setting, is a little too bright.

I also have a Surefire, but that only has one setting (it's a G2, I think), and it's very bright.

I have a Glo-toob FX in amber, and that has a lot of settings, but it's better as a lantern than as a flashlight.

http://www.glo-toob.com/Images/FXpic.gif

I know, I'm picky.

Ahhh....that dim level is not difficult to find. ;) And nopes, you're not picky at all.