The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Politics (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Legislative Branch has no oversight responsibility over the White House. (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=13643)

Ibby 03-28-2007 05:01 PM

If the terrorists have you in such dire fear for your safety that they are changing your actions, making you give up rights, making you do things that you shouldn't, making you terrified...

They've won.

Happy Monkey 03-28-2007 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327593)
My friend. If you think that 9/11 was the first time we were engaged in trying to find, hunt down, capture, or kill terrorists around the world you have some schooling to do.

Relevance?

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ibram (Post 327594)
If the terrorists have you in such dire fear for your safety that they are changing your actions, making you give up rights, making you do things that you shouldn't, making you terrified...

They've won.

Where did you gather those conlusions. If you are not a little more worried since 9/11 then you are complacent. I am quite comfortable, relaxed, and know that there are a lot of things going on in the world outside our borders by very dedicated individuals who are making sure that we never have a repeat.;) My actions have not changed and my rights have not been taken away. On the contrary you have been sold a bill of goods that have made you fear and become terrified that you have lost something you have not. Answer me this, any of you, specifically what has happened DIRECTLY to you where you have lost a right? Anything. Anybody.

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 327595)
Relevance?

Your ignorance about the world around you outside your current life.

Happy Monkey 03-28-2007 05:14 PM

Incorrect.

But what is the relevance of the prior terrorist investigations? Were they too busy to get a FISA warrant, too?

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 327603)
Incorrect.

But what is the relevance of the prior terrorist investigations? Were they too busy to get a FISA warrant, too?

I have no idea and neither do you. I know that they were conducted and actively chased, and in many cases captured. The dicotomy here is that people whine because of 9/11 and then they whine because actions were taken to prevent another 9/11, you can't have it both ways.

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:18 PM

So HM, specifically what has happened DIRECTLY to you where you have lost a right? Anything.

Happy Monkey 03-28-2007 05:19 PM

I need legal standing to discuss a political issue?

Spexxvet 03-28-2007 05:19 PM

Quote:

...How can you say the first one is worthy and this one's not?! ...
*cough*he'sahypocrit*cough*

Happy Monkey 03-28-2007 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327604)
I have no idea and neither do you. I know that they were conducted and actively chased, and in many cases captured.

And they did it with warrants. Great! Let's go back to that.

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Happy Monkey (Post 327609)
And they did it with warrants. Great! Let's go back to that.

No, lets not deviate. HM, specifically what has happened DIRECTLY to you where you have lost a right? Anything. Come on, your rights are so under attack, describe your personal loss.

Spexxvet 03-28-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327611)
No, lets not deviate. HM, specifically what has happened DIRECTLY to you where you have lost a right? Anything. Come on, your rights are so under attack, describe your personal loss.

That's silly. It's like asking you "what terrorism has specifically happened to you, that you're willing to give up these rights?"

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 327612)
That's silly. It's like asking you "what terrorism has specifically happened to you, that you're willing to give up these rights?"

9/11. Direct loss.

TheMercenary 03-28-2007 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spexxvet (Post 327612)

Same for you SPEX, specifically what has happened DIRECTLY to you where you have lost a right? Anything. Come on, your rights are so under attack, describe your personal loss. Anything??? I really want to know how you have been personally affected. Come on, I am open to hear your stories.

Spexxvet 03-28-2007 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMercenary (Post 327613)
9/11. Direct loss.

You died?