The Cellar

The Cellar (http://cellar.org/index.php)
-   Nothingland (http://cellar.org/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   What's making you sad today (http://cellar.org/showthread.php?t=24118)

fargon 07-15-2015 12:14 PM

When I was at my worst (homeless, penniless, very sick) I thought that if I kept on moving ahead, this could not last forever. Help always comes, and usually at the last minute. I know that you don't want to hear this, Better times they are a coming. If you want to talk PM me, I'm always here.

anonymous 07-15-2015 12:34 PM

Thank you for your advice. I feel like I've been doing all those things for years. I try to do better and wait for better and cruise along then it all just keeps coming baack to remind me I'm not good enough, not really, for anyone or anything and all this waiting for a tomorrow that might be better to come is just beating a dead horse.

It's not going to get better and I won't be good enough but dont' worry I will not do anything stupid. I'm just so tired and I want to cry into the virtual arms of a bunch of people who probably don't think much of me either or wouldn't if they knew me (so I've been told.)

Undertoad 07-15-2015 12:56 PM

And then there are those people who do the same, and who TRULY aren't good people, and wind up happy anyway - it tells us that happiness is sort of unrelated to what we do. A trick of the brain, more than the outcome to the work we've been doing in this world.

anonymous 07-15-2015 01:19 PM

I think you're right and that is what I was thinking. why keep trying to fight the good fight when it doesn't seem to make much difference when the tricfk of the brain seems to repel any happiness.

Gravdigr 07-15-2015 01:20 PM

Fuck that 'not good enough' shit. You're wrong.

anonymous 07-15-2015 01:23 PM

No im not, it was made perfectly clear to me.

Gravdigr 07-15-2015 02:10 PM

Then they're wrong, and a piece of shit for saying it, so, you should pay them no mind anyway.

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2015 02:21 PM

Fucking A, it doesn't matter what they think, it behooves them to knock you down for their status. It only matters what you think of you. Are you doing your best? That's all you can do. If someone says they can do it better, agree with them, and tell them to have at it. It only matters if you give a fuck... so don't.

Undertoad 07-15-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933673)
I think you're right and that is what I was thinking. why keep trying to fight the good fight when it doesn't seem to make much difference when the tricfk of the brain seems to repel any happiness.

The brain will do the reverse trick (you can trick it yourself) -- and then, all that work is no longer tasks for unappreciative people, but just stuff that you do for love or money?

limey 07-15-2015 03:45 PM

Grav is right, you're a valued part of this community as you are, I suspect, IRL. Someone is trying to cut you down, as xoB says, for their own aggrandisement. Fuck that. Pity them. I do for their paltry, petty pitiful behaviour.

Sent by thought transference

xoxoxoBruce 07-15-2015 03:56 PM

I'm curious if these are "friends", family, or cow orkers?

DanaC 07-15-2015 04:07 PM

Some people can be so very careless with other people's state of mind.

What qualifies this other person to judge your worthiness? Why accept their judgement as more valid than another?

We've seen at close quarters, in this place, how catastrophically wrong someone can be about their own value. Bri's family are still living with the fallout from that and will do so for the rest of their lives. And every longtime dwellar here felt and feels that loss at times. For all that I understand how depression and addiction can warp a person's sense of their own place in the world, it baffles me still how someone so warm and valued could feel so worthless.

I have no doubt in my mind that there are people who would be equally baffled that you feel this way about yourself.

BigV 07-15-2015 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933675)

"clear" and "true" have exactly zero dependencies on each other.

there's lots of stuff that's clear and true,
lots of stuff that that's clear and untrue,
lots of stuff that's unclear and true,
lots of stuff that's unclear and untrue.

Neither implies the other, ever. Try to base your belief and your actions on what is true, clear or otherwise.

monster 07-15-2015 05:09 PM

Anon, these are just your inner demons talking and translating the words of those around you with bias. You know this, really, and it doesn't make it easier to bear, but soldier on, because the better times are ok, and we value you. We may be virtual friends, we may be IRL friends, we may be trolls, but we value you, and we don't value just any old words on a screen.

sexobon 07-15-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933657)
I would like to be dead now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933659)
I don't see a point any more. It's the same things over and over and it really doesn't matter what I do it's never going to get better. I dont' know any reason to keep trying, when it all comes out the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933665)
... I try to do better and wait for better and cruise along then it all just keeps coming baack to remind me I'm not good enough, not really, for anyone or anything ...

Quote:

Originally Posted by anonymous (Post 933675)

Reminded me of this: